PDA

View Full Version : LED tail light - anyone using it?

RcTimmy
06-14-2008, 12:24 AM
I've been looking at the clear LED tail light/blinker combo on ebay (auction number 360061543705). Has anyone used one of these? Are they any good or just junk? Thanks.

TWTim
06-14-2008, 12:39 AM
I can't speak to the combo version, but if it helps, I do have the regular LED replacement kit on my ZX7R's taillight, and it's totally awesome.

Ken Phenix
06-14-2008, 12:51 AM
Don't know but there's positive feedback from other ebayers with similar lights. I'd be interested to know how yours works - I have not had good luck with 1157 replacement type tail/brake LED's. My 1156 LED signals work fine though.

RcTimmy
06-14-2008, 12:59 AM
I probably won't get one until I see one in person. They don't look bright at all in the pictures.

windman
06-14-2008, 06:34 AM
I have one...I had them as a replacement of similiar bought in France. (a few lead burned for the license plate and never got answer from them)
110% satisfied
Look Great, very bright even in daylight, get rid of those oem flashers.

SEE here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMh25WoTiYg

sproggy
06-18-2008, 06:11 AM
I bought a combined unit (tail light and flashers) so I could mount Givi V35 panniers without the separate OE turn signals but I didn't like the look of it and I had concerns about the visibility of the turn signals when combined into a tail light so I took it off again and sold it on eBay. As for brightness I'm not absolutely sure but I got the impression it wasn't quite as bright as the OE tail light, particurly the brake lights.

It worked fine and the quality was good so if it's what you want you don't have to be concerned in that respect, but I'm now back to the red unit (modified to illuminate the licence plate) and Ducati ST indicators which work well and fit just inside the Givi panniers. And I much prefer the way the back of the bike looks now.

dainese27
06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
I am running a Clear Alternatives LED tail light with an integrated signal. It's hit and miss. I got 3 DOAs before I got a good one but I was happy with the results. I just recently decided I'd rather have turn signals so I threw some back on and disconnected the signals which were integrated. Overall brightness is good from directly behind.

whitesands
06-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Looks a little cleaner....