• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1972 Triumph TR6R

Reaction score
In a nutshell.

It's a leaky, vibey, noisy, torture rack that is more fun than a barrel of drunken monkeys on a saturday night.

It makes you instantly cool with the HD riders. Every old git that rides says "I had one of those back in 19whenever. I should have never sold it.:yawn: "

But what is it about an old brit bike that brings out the best in folks? The chrome? The sound? The fact that it actually runs and passes cars on the frewhizzle? Who knows. :trust:

Those who ride one know. At least when it dies on you unexpectedly, it's fairly light to push.:rofl: Besides, I like looking in my headlight bucket at myself riding. Goatee blowin' in the breeze. Bugs in my face. Hands and butt getting a theraputic vibration massage. Ain't nothin' better. Except diving under that squid on the Sandia Peak road whilst your license plate is flying off at 90mph in his face (remember the vibey part?).

The only downside is that it the bike demands you pay attention to it. You gotta tighten this and lube that daily. Not a machine for the lazy or mechanically challenged. If you are one of those, get a Virago or a Harley. Or better yet, get a car. A nice, no maintainece model of car. Like a Ford Taurus.

In conclusion, old bikes are still cool. Sure, they are a bit harder to ride but the grin will still be there after the new wears off. Ooops, the new worn off about 30 something years ago!:lol2: :eat: :rider:

Here's my old bike thang.
DSCF1515.jpg

Back