• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer For Buck

voyagerrider

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Johnston
The Buck half of Buck&Betty who are on this forum will undergo surgery on Tuesday the 17th. Buck was diagnosed with prostate cancer recently.
Please lift him and Betty up during this trying time.
Marty

Good luck with the surgery Buck and heal up quick. You get a new title with this. Survivor. I know LOTS of prostate cancer survivors including my own dad (10 years ago).

Prayers going out. Buck, I cannot imagine how trying it is to fight the cancer. May the peace of God overcome your anxiety.

I heard this from Marty a week ago at the tech day. Saw Buck Friday night and, of course, he didn't mention it.

He's a good egg - now on the prayer list.

Marty, please report on the surgery results as soon as you know...

Thanks for letting us know Marty. As Chuck said, please keep us posted as to his progress.

The Buck half of Buck&Betty who are on this forum will undergo surgery on Tuesday the 17th. Buck was diagnosed with prostate cancer recently.
Please lift him and Betty up during this trying time.
Marty

Good luck Buck! I had this two years ago and have been very lucky.
I hope the big man is looking out for him

Buck, you're in my thoughts buddy. Now get better soon, I heard your bike was getting lonely.:mrgreen:

Buck came through the surgery OK. He will be in the hospital for a few days according to Betty. We went to see him last night. Kathy was there for the surgery sitting with Betty along with another couple from our CMA chapter. I have spoken with him this morning and he is in good spirits. Betty spent the night up there with him. God has truely answered our prayers by seeing after him.
He is in Baylor hospital on 8th Ave in FTW. On the 8th flr in room T13. His direct number is 817-922-2813.
Marty

Buck came home today and is doing well. He will be pretty much homebound for a couple weeks. He was told he would be off work for at least 6 weeks.
Marty

So no complications?

Give him our best!

Continue to pray for Buck. The surgery went well and he is healing fine. He found out yesterday that he will still have to undergo radation treatments. The treatments will be 5 per week, Monday thru Friday, for 8 weeks.
Keep him in your prayers.
Marty

Prayers go out for comfort during the rad. treatments and complete healing.

I meant to post this earlier. Buck found out a few days ago that he will not have to have radiation treatments. He will have to be monitored very closely for a while. His PSA came as 0, and it will have to checked again in 3 months.
Prayers were answered. He should be back riding soon.
Marty

Back