• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MPH vs KMH on the 1250

W

windman

Do you have on your 1250 a feature to change the speedometer reading from MPH to KMH ?

Yes and I use the KMH here in the states and pretend I'm going insanely fast.LOL.J/k

I *think* the procedure is to hold both the "SEL" and "ADJ" button down at the same time for a few seconds. It will switch back and forth that way.

trey

I *think* the procedure is to hold both the "SEL" and "ADJ" button down at the same time for a few seconds. It will switch back and forth that way.

trey
I thought that that was the procedure for adjusting the clock. IIRC, the procedure is something like holding one of the buttons down while turning the ignition on. I could be wrong but don't have a manual to hand right now.

2007 Manual page 3-8 under "Note".

[*]Set your odometer to "Odometer" and not a trip meter.

[*]Press the "SEL" button for 2 seconds to switch between KMH and MPH

2007 Manual page 3-8 under "Note".

[*]Set your odometer to "Odometer" and not a trip meter.

[*]Press the "SEL" button for 2 seconds to switch between KMH and MPH
Phil, you beat me to it. I do recall seeing kph on my instruments once and I must have held my finger on the button too long for some reason. Thanks.

Windman would likely have the Canadian model bandit and I don't believe it has that function. He's stuck with kph.
I thought that the new Bandit was a 'world' model designed to be compatible with as many markets as possible so it would seem logical that he'd have the same functionality.

That would seem logical, but my bike doesn't convert either.
The speedohealer is capable of the conversion so in the end it doesn't matter much.

AS I have a Canadian Model this feature is not present. Thus I can see that the digital display could sh the mph, I can see it on the back ground. Does anyone electronically wise would know how to modified something to have this feature available.

Windman,

Have you tried using the conversion feature built into the speedohealer?

Yes but you have to stop, remove the seat, reprogram the unit, reinstall the seat..and you don't actually see the unit mph or kmh...witch could be confusing...

Yes but you have to stop, remove the seat, reprogram the unit, reinstall the seat..and you don't actually see the unit mph or kmh...witch could be confusing...

There, you obviously are riding the WRONG mode of transportation!!
Sometimes I slay me!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There, you obviously are riding the WRONG mode of transportation!!
Sometimes I slay me!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't laugh at me I'm a French Canadian...

Or would you like me to write it like that ?

Ouina mais y fautqu'tu t'arrête, t'enlève le banc, turprogramme la patente à goss, tu r'criss le siège de yousque tu l'as enlever, pi apra tout ça tu sé même pas c'est quoua les unités..des milaleure ou bin de kilometreure..ça peut te fourrer pis tu peux pogné un criss de gros ticket

Çafaque la sorcière té tu capable dl'a trouver latdans?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't laugh at me I'm a French Canadian...

Or would you like me to write it like that ?

Ouina mais y fautqu'tu t'arrête, t'enlève le banc, turprogramme la patente à goss, tu r'criss le siège de yousque tu l'as enlever, pi apra tout ça tu sé même pas c'est quoua les unités..des milaleure ou bin de kilometreure..ça peut te fourrer pis tu peux pogné un criss de gros ticket

Çafaque la sorcière té tu capable dl'a trouver latdans?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Touche[hope i spelled it right!] We laugh WITH folks here, at least I do!:giveup:

On a more technical note, is it possible Canadian Bandits were not fully wired from the factory, thereby not allowing the kph/mph swap? In other words, can you maybe add missing wiring and put the option in your bike?
Wally:rider:

That is very possible but it would most likely be in the circuit board of the instrument cluster. I can't speak for anyone else but without crystal clear instructions it would be beyond my abilities.

Back