• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Bandits in the showrooms...

Reaction score
Several dealers in the area said that they were not suppose to get any more Bandits til August or later. What's up with that? Are the '08s sold out?

I could not find one to throw a leg over last fall winter when I was eye balling the one I bought (it was in Louisiana). So I bought it with no feel what so ever. I was nervous, but it has worked out well.

fly up to oregon, 3 in every show room. $7400-7999.... :). They don't sell many here, too many crotch rocket or harley types.... The tour guys want the BMW 1200GS.... well, me too but hey, the bandit works great..

Looking to ditch the Z1k already?

Not yet but I want to check out some Bandits before I decide. I am even considering a leftover SV1000. I really don't like the Z1 for the fact that the suspension is the worst I have ever ridden on besides a stock YSR50. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it because I know the bike is just for the time being. Maybe I need to make it to the Pie Run to hopefully get to check out a Bandit. I think that I would have gotten a VStrom1K like I originally wanted, I might still have it. Hard to find what I want these days......something sporty that can have bags and ride 2-up comfy for an affordable price. Most places won't let you test ride bikes as it is and it is hard to ask a person selling theirs without having cash in hand. So......here I am.....searching a good ride for me......but I am having fun doing it.

Doing a search on Cycletrader.com for 07-08 new Bandits kicked out 260 listings nationally. Narrowing it down to Texas had 34 hits so it's probably worth checking out. Even some holdover '07s still out there for sale.

Not yet but I want to check out some Bandits before I decide. I am even considering a leftover SV1000. I really don't like the Z1 for the fact that the suspension is the worst I have ever ridden on besides a stock YSR50. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it because I know the bike is just for the time being. Maybe I need to make it to the Pie Run to hopefully get to check out a Bandit. I think that I would have gotten a VStrom1K like I originally wanted, I might still have it. Hard to find what I want these days......something sporty that can have bags and ride 2-up comfy for an affordable price. Most places won't let you test ride bikes as it is and it is hard to ask a person selling theirs without having cash in hand. So......here I am.....searching a good ride for me......but I am having fun doing it.

Bandit is best for 1 up and fair for 2, The Vstrom has a huge saddle and more leg room for rider and passenger, I dont think i would trade my Bandit for one, That is a tough decision, Bandits do rock.

If you feel like driving north a bit I'll check with some dealers here in oklahoma for you . pm me

Usually, dealers are allowed to order up to their quota. A small or medium dealer might be allotted, say 2-4 units. They can barter their allocation to other dealers, for color or other model. Salesmen are usually told to sell what's on the floor.

Back