• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

750 Bandit anyone?

Reaction score
Anyone wish Suzuki would come out with a 750 Bandit? I am planning on buying a 1250 ABS sometime next year. But I often think a 750 might be better for what I'm planning on using it for, (day to day commuting to work and school in Los Angeles----just named most congested traffic city in America). I thought maybe a 750...or even something cool like a 800 or 900, might be better in all this traffic. Just a thought.:rider:

They do have the 650 F, I think its the F, Full fairing, Bandit frame, looks like the same motor , exhaust and everything only smaller pistons and header pipes. The cost though is only about a grand less than the real deal 1250s. I use mine for daily commute as well as sport-touring, Go with the 1250, you will be glad you did, quick, nimble and fun to ride.

I guess what I meant was, the Bandit is such an awesome machine...a 750 or so version would be pretty cool and may sell well too. A 1250 sounds pretty big to alot of people. I myself did not think to buy a 1250 until I joined TWT and MaxSuk forums and was convinced by its loyal following.
by the way the 650f is a v-twin. I'm too big for a 650 anyway.

by the way the 650f is a v-twin. I'm too big for a 650 anyway.

Nope, and nope.

The 650F is a 4cyl, water-cooled engine, and just like it's big brother, it's new from the ground-up.

The 650F also shares the same frame and dimensions, so if you're not too big for the 1250, you won't be too big for the 650.

http://www.bikersweb.co.uk/Features/BikeReviews.aspx?ArticleId=1057

It's a pretty slick scoot, if there was a bigger price break between it and the 1250, I'd have considered it.

trey

my bad, got it confused with the sv. I am 6'2" and 275lbs. 40 yrs old with plenty of experience, 650's are out of the question. Just was wondering if anybody ever condidered someything in between a 650 and the 1250 Bandit, but A BANDIT VERSION.:trust:

my bad, got it confused with the sv. I am 6'2" and 275lbs. 40 yrs old with plenty of experience, 650's are out of the question. Just was wondering if anybody ever condidered someything in between a 650 and the 1250 Bandit, but A BANDIT VERSION.:trust:

I considered the Honda 919, but it had less styling, less engine, less features, and cost more money - thus, the Bandit smoked it.

Gee, I wonder how comfortable the "Honda seat" would have been...............sorry, I went there, didn't I??

I considered the Honda 919, but it had less styling, less engine, less features, and cost more money - thus, the Bandit smoked it.

Gee, I wonder how comfortable the "Honda seat" would have been...............sorry, I went there, didn't I??

+1, I took a hard look at the 919 and it always fell short in the bang/buck category...

The other bike I love the looks of, that's not 1000cc+ but bigger than a 600cc is the Kawasaki ZR750...

2000-Kawasaki-ZR7c.jpg

Good looking bike. It's pretty much a split of the old Bandit 600 and 1200.

trey

problem is...that's about it. Imagine if there was a Bandit one....I think it would dominate.:eat:

problem is...that's about it. Imagine if there was a Bandit one....I think it would dominate.:eat:

Considering the ZR-7 and ZR-7S no longer exist, a Bandit 750 couldn't help but dominate a class that only it was in.

There would be very little benefit to having a 750cc engine as the 'body' itself wouldn't be much smaller and the bike wouldn't be much lighter.
The new 1250's engine is very compact in design, allowing for a tight motorcycle that handles well and doesn't feel much bigger or bulkier than a 750.
The insurance retes on a 750 wouldn't be that much cheaper - as the Bandit 1250 already does NOT fall in the 'sportsbike' category.
The power of the 1250 - although plenty - is not out-of-control and unmanageable, allowing anybody with some riding experience to feel confident and fully enjoy th 1250cc's.

I think the displacement categories are more for marketing purposes than anything else. The "600" is the old 750 price-point. I'm sure it doesn't cost Suzuki any more to build the same engine with a different bore and stroke. So, from a marketing standpoint, it probably doesn't make sense (to the manufacturer) to have so many engine sizes. (IMHO)

+1, I took a hard look at the 919 and it always fell short in the bang/buck category...

The other bike I love the looks of, that's not 1000cc+ but bigger than a 600cc is the Kawasaki ZR750...

2000-Kawasaki-ZR7c.jpg

Good looking bike. It's pretty much a split of the old Bandit 600 and 1200.

trey
Problem with those is that they were underpowered, at least compared to the bandits; the 1st gen and even the milder 2nd gen B-6's would run circles around the 750 Kaw, or any other 750 standard for that matter.

I used to ride 2-up with my GF on my B-6, it had plenty of power for our over-300lb combined weight.

There are also Z750s to be had for a song. This is a great mid-size naked that never got the respect it deserved stateside:

061212006.jpg

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23604
650 bandit, as close to a 750 bandit they make.

One last thing: As I understand it, the GSX650F is techncally the next generation of the Katana line, though it does incorporate some Bandit-ish features. The Katanas were designated GSX600F and GSX750F, so it only makes sense that the GSX650F is the next incarnation, especially considering its styling.

Back