• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Idle adjustment how to ?

Marc B

Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briggs
My 1250 has a little sound now with the new scorpion but seems a little busy at idle, Is there a screw in there somewhere that can turn it down just a hair ? Thanks SZ.

My 1250 has a little sound now with the new scorpion but seems a little busy at idle, Is there a screw in there somewhere that can turn it down just a hair ? Thanks SZ.

My engine didn't idle any higher with the Scorpion on it. The engine should idle at 1200 rpm +/-100 rpm, so is it idling higher than than 1200 rpm?

I believe that the idle speed is controlled by the ECM. :rider:

322280438.gif

It would seem idle adjustment is out of our hands, but that could mean one of
the sensors is misbehaving... start with the air filter.

Idle is ECM/ISC controlled, can't be adjusted. Mine is idling high now also 1300+/- 50. I suspect ISC valve is going out similar to other Suzuki's that have already been recalled for ISC faliure. They replace the ECM and ISC valve under those recalls.

I really hate this new ECM controlled setup. Bright side is ride it a while your ECM may adjust itself. I have had mine do this twice after a throttle body sync and the idle came back down over a period of time. This time around after 60 miles its still idling high. I put it on SDS yesterday everything looked fine except my idle which was over 1300 at times. Spec is 1200+/- 100r/min so they ain't going to replace any sensor until its idling at 1500 or higher.

Thanks for the info, Its at or around 1200, Its just if there was an adjustment, I was gonna play with it a little to see how it would do around 1k or sound, I didnt know that it is the way it is, I'll live with it.

Thanks for the info, Its at or around 1200, Its just if there was an adjustment, I was gonna play with it a little to see how it would do around 1k or sound, I didnt know that it is the way it is, I'll live with it.

I will tell you this the tach is not accurate at all. I have compared it too the laptop and it was off 100 rpm (low) compared to SDS.

I was gonna play with it a little to see how it would do around 1k or sound,

Foot on the rear brake and slowly let the clutch out in gear that'll drop it to 1k rpm:trust: been there done that already.

Back