• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Got Firstgear HT Overpants?

Reaction score
Anybody got experience & opinions of Firstgear HT Overpants?
I'm especially looking for impressions in rainy weather, but any other weather is good to hear about, too.

Thanks,
Jim.

Thats what I have.

They are great in the winter. I can ride down to 35 degrees with them.
I have only been in the rain once with them for about 15-20 miles. I didnt get wet.

They are good for winter, you may want something that breathes a little more for summer. Also, they are a little "michelen man" looking. But you gonna get that with overpants I guess.

Same here, very warm. I did get a little water down my fly on the last pie run after a few hours, but I think it wicked down from my belly that got wet first.

Very warm though I don't use the liner unless it's ging to be 40's or below. I haven't had em out in the summer but I would imagin they would be pretty hot.

They seem to run a size large, but they are overpants. My normal size goes on over jeans just fine.

I got a pair of the HT air overpants. They have the zip out waterproof liner thats pretty nifty. I've been wearing them the past week or so and I think I like 'em for what they are. I commute and its a royal pain in the *** to wear my leather for a 10 minute ride just to change back into some slacks that would be wrinkled from sitting in the tank bag.

I don't have a problem with em messing up my pants and it still provides a measure of protection in case of a get off. With the liner in, they are kind of a pain to put on and take off, but its nothing compared to completely changing pants. Without the liner they are much quicker and the mesh on them seems to flow fairly well. The weather here hasn't gotten all that warm lately so I'm not sure how well they'll vent when its 95+.

Were they worth 160 bucks? I think so -- doesn't seem to be too much better around for mesh overpants.

Nico

I've got the regular HT overpants and love them. They do give me the Michelin look. (As someone said above.) But they keep me warm and make me feel safe. I haven't had to use the liners yet and I've worn them in high 40 degree weather. I think they are the perfect match to my Kilimanjaro jacket. I have a pair of Frog Tog bottoms I can slip on during the summer for rain. It will be waaay too hot in S. Louisiana for the overpants.

Rain protection was good

Not perfect but pretty good.

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/prod_pants_htair.htm

Today was a real soaker, even by Houston standards.

I had some leakage but was much better with them than without and I was out in it for a good hour of heavy rain.

Doin about 40 MPH. One boot stayed essentiallly dry, for the other the liner road up and started to leak inside the boot. :-(

The knee pads did get soaked through. The system uses an inside water resistant liner, the pants themselves are mesh. Didnt get to heavy either.

Back