• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Front sprocket

rrrr

Reaction score
I would like to go up one on the front sprocket; lower rpm and get closer matching real speed with speedometer. Does anyone make a 19 tooth sprocket for the 07 1250 bandit? I have a GSXR to play with, the bandit is my commuter/sport tour.

Looking at the specs for your GSXR and the Bandit, you could simply swap the rear sprockets from one bike to the other. Stock Bandit rear is 43 vs. 42 on the GSXR.
You'd gain a touch more drive out of the hole with the taller rear on the GSXR and you don't spend a dime.

I don't know if anyone makes a 19t front sprocket that would fit...

+1, I want to say I heard that someone did it on one of the Bandit sites, but I'd be concerned with it fitting if you can't verify it's been done before.

I went +1 on the front of my SV and it was a tiiiiiight fit, too close really. I doubt there was more than 1/16" between the chain and the case...

Keep us posted though, I'd be interested in doing the same thing. Bringing down the RPM's a bit and increasing my hwy MPG's would be nice.

trey

Looking at the specs for your GSXR and the Bandit, you could simply swap the rear sprockets from one bike to the other. Stock Bandit rear is 43 vs. 42 on the GSXR.
You'd gain a touch more drive out of the hole with the taller rear on the GSXR and you don't spend a dime.

Correct a '05~'06 GSXR rear sprocket is a direct fit on the 1250. Your stock chain will of course be too long going to a 42 rear. I am planning on trying a shorter chain by a few links when I am due replacement since I notice the 1250 rear axle ia way back stock.

Thanks for all the info. Couldn't find anything larger for the bandit for the primary. The rear wheel sprocket down to a 40 tooth is available. But like was mentioned the rear wheel is close to its aft position so shortening the chain would be required. No master link on this chain so grind remove and get a new master link. I guess I'll wait until they need to be replaced.

Back