• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Silver 1250s

Reaction score
I've been ejoying this forum for a while since I bought my bandit this year:rider: . My first bike ever:clap: . I hardly ever see silver bikes up on the web so I thought I'd better post a pic to represent us silver riders. I've done a few changes since I bought and have a few more on the way. I chopped the back fender once being inspired by this forum. I have also bought flush led's off ebay. Around $20. I think they look cool but are not as noticeable or bright (if anyone was wondering). I thought this would be a good way to start off my days as a real member of this forum.

Attachments

• HPIM0459.JPG
    HPIM0459.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 225
  • HPIM0460.JPG
    HPIM0460.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 218
Very cool bike, and welcome to the site.:welcome:

Now dump that exhaust and paint the bike RED!! Haha.:pirate:

Whatever man, the silver adds more HP's you should know that.:-P
But yes I am looking to "dump" the exhaust when the funds increase a little. I'm pondering betweeen the DW quiet one or a super trapp actually if its not to hard to put on. My dad used ST' back in his heavier riding days and he loves them. I mentioned it a little in the exhaust thread.

Some guys on this thread or over at Max Suz have a ton of experience in mods. Me, not so much. This is the first bike I've messed with. I would guess a black exhaust against that silver paint would look slick. Don't forget to take a look at www.maximum-suzuki.com for other cool ideas. Don't forget also to post a zillion pictures and share everything you can.

I really like the silver a lot, would have picked it if it was an option - but I didn't have a choice and got black (sorry Willie...) :zen:

I like how it looks with the black exhaust. I've been debating between black or stainless. That looks good though.

I like carbon fiber because it doesn't get as hot. I use soft saddle-bags at times and feel safer knowing that the exhaust won't put a hole in them.

But it's not RED, so what's the point? :rofl:

Seriously, nice looking bike and welcome. You know, I've dreamed of living in Idaho - and I've never even been there. Seen lots of pictures though. How much riding time do you have throughout the year? I suspect Idaho Falls probably gets a LOT of snow/cold weather. Beautiful country though.

The silver looks fantastic. Congrats on the new ride and welcome aboard!

But it's not RED, so what's the point? :rofl:

Seriously, nice looking bike and welcome. You know, I've dreamed of living in Idaho - and I've never even been there. Seen lots of pictures though. How much riding time do you have throughout the year? I suspect Idaho Falls probably gets a LOT of snow/cold weather. Beautiful country though.

Like I said before. Silver adds HP's bro. We usually get on a good year around 7 months (give or take) each year. This year we got a ton of snow, but then all of a sudden we've been around 90. Idaho has some weird weather.

I really like carbon fiber and think it looks way good with silver. But my wife who is part owner really likes stainless, hence why I'm looking at stainless. Unless I can get lucky and convince her otherwise.

I really like carbon fiber and think it looks way good with silver. But my wife who is part owner really likes stainless, hence why I'm looking at stainless. Unless I can get lucky and convince her otherwise.

Just tell her that there is far less of a chance of her burning her leg with CF than stainless... It might work!

Here's my Silver Bandit.

Just got the Holeshot Slip on touring can fitted today as well as the Holeshot ATRE kit. Plugged the PAIR and going on a good test run tomorrow. New screen is the next, and probably last, thing to do for a while.

Bandit9Medium.jpg

Dash1Medium.jpg

I like the seat cover. David, does the sheepskin make a big difference on long rides?
I have slightly modified my seat - pulled off the cover, cut down the foam to give it less forward lean and addded a small gel pad and some closed-cell foam on top. It is definitely more comfortable than before, but I still find it a little stiff for long rides... a sheepskin cover might be the answer.

Welcome to the board, and when you finally get sick and tired of your bike being silver and want to move up to Candy Sonoma Red, Color-rite has the paint you need to make your dream bike into a reality. :rider:

189bbdb7112747c5bb2149c19c57c1310_large.jpg

I like the seat cover. David, does the sheepskin make a big difference on long rides?
I have slightly modified my seat - pulled off the cover, cut down the foam to give it less forward lean and addded a small gel pad and some closed-cell foam on top. It is definitely more comfortable than before, but I still find it a little stiff for long rides... a sheepskin cover might be the answer.

The sheepskin is nice for touring, get a little more air around the rear end, but it is not the solution to the poor Bandit Seat. It is better than nothing and was a quick and relatively cheap mod - AU$155. I will get the seat modded at some stage, probably take to an auto trimmer and get them to replace the foam with something a bit softer and better shaped. To get Spencer or Corbin Seats here, or even Suzuki Gel seats is a very expensive task. They get up around AU$800. And since I just keep spending money on other things like exhausts, screens, rad guard, huggers, ATRE's, etc it will have to wait a bit longer.

I had a sheepskin on my ZZR600 and Honda ST1100. The seat was already reasonably comfy on those and the Sheepskin made them great for touring.

Did a long ride on Sunday in the cold, drizzle, rain and wind. Loved the new can, hated the weather.

Welcome to the board, and when you finally get sick and tired of your bike being silver and want to move up to Candy Sonoma Red, Color-rite has the paint you need to make your dream bike into a reality. :rider:

189bbdb7112747c5bb2149c19c57c1310_large.jpg

Thanks badito but like I've said before and other can attest to. The silver just adds more Hps than the red does.

David On another note how have you liked the touring can. Does it improve the sound without getting to whinney.

David On another note how have you liked the touring can. Does it improve the sound without getting to whinney.

Only one good ride (well, bad ride as the weather was awful), but I love the sound, nicer burble and sounds even better when the revs get up. No whine that i could hear. There is a good you tube direct comparison that someone from this forum put on. Am sure they won't mind me putting the link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x40HeiZbecY

Cool thanks dave. I'm really considering that and it will probably be what I end up getting as soon as I can scrounge up the cash. Probably this winter.

Back