• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCH Ride at Crooked Creek on Saturday July 19

Reaction score
TORCH is riding at Crooked Creek Cycle Park in Waco on Saturday July, 19. If your calendar is open, we would like to have you join us for a day of fellowship and riding.

Crooked Creek features an extensive trail system hidden in the woods of a beautiful 500 acre ranch. Trails range from easy to technical and most will accommodate both bikes and ATVs. Crooked Creek also features a 2 jump TT track, vintage style MX track and a junior size MX track.

The entry fee is $10 per motorcycle/ATV rider & $5 per spectator

Directions to Crooked Creek:
Take I 35 to the North end of Waco, Go East on 84. Take 31 East at the
31/84 split. Turn right on FM 939. First gate on left after Happy Swaner Rd.

If you have any questions about this ride, please send an email to info@torchriders.org. For more info on Crooked Creek, go to www.crookedcreekcyclepark.com.

Please pass this along and bring a friend. We hope to see you out there!

--------------------
Riding in his light.
TORCH (Psalm 119:105)
Texas Off-Roaders under CHrist
www.torchriders.org

Just a reminder that this ride is going on tomorrow. I'll be up there with a couple other folks, maybe even my daughter. Look for the beige pickup truck with a black trailer. I should have a white awning up with the Torch banner on it.

19 riders until about 1pm then they started to slip away. A couple didn't show until 3pm to catch the cooling in the afternoon. So I think it was 22 final count.

Yes, it was hot, but fairly low humidity. A little dusty, but not near as bad as I expected. Not a bit of mud even though they got rain earlier in the week. The lake on the edge of the property was still very full.

I was there until about 3:30. The Beecham gang showed up at 3:00 to carry TORCH into the second shift. The trails were excellent. A little dusty but very tacky. Like riding on rails. Temp at 8:00 A.M. was nice. By noon it was HOT, by 2:00 it was SCORCHING! :sun:

I put in 47 miles. No injuries or equipment failure as far as I know. All-in-all a very good day.

Dave

Back