PDA

View Full Version : Life at 200MPH

Pages : [1] 2 3

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM
And the Saga begins.

It started out like this. We rode almost 1000 miles over Memorial day weekend her on her 07 GSXR750 and me on my RC51. Now don't get me wrong I love that bike but the riding position is well just think Spanish Inquistion. :doh:
After our return I remarked that I would like to get something easier to travel on in the future 2 or 3 years. Well a few weeks ago she bought me an 04 Hayabusa, one owner pretty much bone stock(slip on exhaust only) never raced never wrecked. Great bike I love everything about it and really have no desire to change or hot rod it( I allready have a hotrod the RC51) BUT,,,

Well I'm not sure how things got started, but they got started so now the plan is to take the Hayabusa and Marie to Gonzalez Texas in October and see if she can get into the 200 mph Club.
We pretty much have a basic plan layed out and are starting to put things into place to make it happen.
Step #1 was 150mph and lets see if she's still interested. No sweat!
Step #2 was 185mph(indicated) on the GSXR750 she was STILL interested!:clap: Which brought us to
Step #3 Time to RIDE the Heavy Bus. She has ridden the Busa quit a bit but never in anger. Well we went out to our Top Secret Speed testing Facility(so Top Secret that the DPS doesn't even know where it is!;-) ) side by side at a 150mph me on her GSXR and her on the Heavy Bus I gave her the go ahead to fire the afterburners. Well she took off and rode it to an INDICATED 186mph and stayed there for 2 miles.
Afterward she remarked about hom much smoother it was at speed and how good the air coverage seemed. At this point she is still in the game and her attitude is GO! GO! GO!
Next up will be running over a total length thats the same as the Texas Mile. If she's still interested after running all the way up and back down in 1.5 miles then we will start the power mods. We allready have had 2 Sponsors step up to help, one has donated an $1800 Brocks racing kit and the other looks to be helping with entry fees!
Stay Tuned
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

twistedpinion
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
That's awesome, good luck!

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Pics to follow. This afternoon we will be scoring the Brocks Racing Equipment.
SRAD

TWTim
07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Here's everything you need to make your Hayabusa go 200 miles per hour:

http://www.mrturbo.com

http://www.muzzys.com/0007-00001/index.html

:thumb:

DaveC
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
:shame:
top secret testing grounds indeed

you hooligans!

:lol2:

so any plans for video cameras mounted at key locations?

Grover
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
so any plans for video cameras mounted at key locations?

Yeah, with GPS speed verifications... :trust:

TWTim
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM
:shame:
top secret testing grounds indeed

you hooligans!

I know where those testing grounds are, too:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/sancospeed.jpg

cowboyman
07-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Heres a rush of a Busa video:rider:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5-LAQY5ESc4

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Actually there are plans for a drive by and an onboard. Speaking of which I have a few speedo pics to post this afternoon which were
"taken on a closed course by a proffessional rider using safety gear":trust:
No really trust me! Thats why we use the Top Secret High Speed Testing Facility and change the location frequently well sort of.
SRAD

Eldo In The Weeds
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Why not just go to a track day and not risk your life and others? I am not trying to be a buzzkill, just trying to be practical and keep you alive for more fun.

SparkyBlue
07-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I thought there is a quote "gentlemen's" agreement among manufacturers to limit top speed electronically to 186? Is that still an obstacle?

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Why not just go to a track day and not risk your life and others? I am not trying to be a buzzkill, just trying to be practical and keep you alive for more fun.

First off thanks for your concern, really!
you mean something like this?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/MP3T8652.jpg

Or maybe something like this?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/MP3T8542.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/Marielean2.jpg

Here's a little picture of what a Roadracing CHAMPIONSHIP gets you (and yes it's HERS)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/winner.jpg

I think this is where they say
"Been there done that got the T-Shirt":doh:

Realistically she enjoys all types of Racing and this was the next step(not ACTUALLY because she did get offered a Drag Racing sponsorship first but we weren't prepared to go that route yet) So when we bought the Heavy Bus it seemed to us to be a natural progression in her racing career.
As for endangering others. Let me be the first to say that our quest for speed will never be at someone else's risk. We live in West Texas and if you take a minute to look at the Map we have more straight flat roads than the rest of the country. Granted big speed on Public roads would be dangerous for all involved, unless said road was a seldom traveled road with one way in and one way out 20 or so miles long with no side roads. Of course this is also neglecting the fact that we pretty much have Carte Blanche at the local 1/4 mile drag strip which happens to have a little over 1.1 miles of pavement to practice on.
Did I mention that there are several airstrips here that we MIGHT be able to use?
Lastly maybe you might have overlooked we are going to a Sanctioned Event to try to get into the 200mph range.
Hang around and watch the show it should be fun!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I thought there is a quote "gentlemen's" agreement among manufacturers to limit top speed electronically to 186? Is that still an obstacle?

SparkyBlue you are absolutely right! And it took all of about 2 or 3 months after the agreement was made for someone to find out how it was done and defeat it!
Turns out it can be done with a $.25 resistor:eek2: .
This is called a TRE(Timing Retard Eliminator) Modification. The bikes have different ignition timing maps for each gear. A map in lower gears makes them more manageable and less wheelie prone. Top gear Map restricts the bikes ability to either pull to redline or run past a certain speed. By fooling the bike into thinking its always in 5th gear you get the best Map without top speed restriction.:rider:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Todays pics, sorry for the blur but the air buffeting is still a problem with the camera mount as is the vibration.
These were a few shakedown runs on HER 07 GSXR750 just to get and idea of what the winds were like.
you may have to do a little math based on the 80mph first pic.
REMEMBER these were taken on a closed course by a licensed racer wearing appropriate safety gear, not small animals were harmed in the taking of these photos
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

pacman
07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
:popcorn:

Sweet.

chipset
07-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Good luck. Keep us posted.

Squidward
07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Awesome. 200 miles an hour is a trip.

cbdugger
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Gots bigger ones than I do.

Her, too!:lol2:

Mic
07-16-2008, 12:57 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/winner.jpg

I think this is where they say
"Been there done that got the T-Shirt"

That is truly awesome. :clap:

Good luck with breaking 200, I'm sure it won't be a problem!

SRADkneedragger
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Well things came together in a pretty big way today in the way of some sponsorship:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/parts.jpg
Brocks Titanium and Stainless Megaphone, Mapped Power Commander, MPS tether Kill Switch, Brocks Heavy duty clutch hub, and K&N air filter.
I also bought a new chain and some sprockets.
The paln right now is to do some runs upto speed and back down this weekend most likely over the 1.1 mile at the dragstrip and then maybe a few passes at the Top Secret Test Facility on GPS just to see were we are at.
Stay tuned
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
07-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Well things came together in a pretty big way today in the way of some sponsorship:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/parts.jpg
Brocks Titanium and Stainless Megaphone, Mapped Power Commander, MPS tether Kill Switch, Brocks Heavy duty clutch hub, and K&N air filter.
I also bought a new chain and some sprockets.
The paln right now is to do some runs upto speed and back down this weekend most likely over the 1.1 mile at the dragstrip and then maybe a few passes at the Top Secret Test Facility on GPS just to see were we are at.

Even with all those goodies (and I assume you've already de-restricted the bike), I predict low 190s, bud. You're gonna need a lot more horsepower than stock to get past 200. Seriously, check into that Muzzy big-bore kit. The road from 191 mph to a true, verified 200 mph on a Hayabusa can be calculated in thousands of dollars per mile-per-hour.

SRADkneedragger
07-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Even with all those goodies (and I assume you've already de-restricted the bike), I predict low 190s, bud. You're gonna need a lot more horsepower than stock to get past 200. Seriously, check into that Muzzy big-bore kit. The road from 191 mph to a true, verified 200 mph on a Hayabusa can be calculated in thousands of dollars per mile-per-hour.
Deristricter is on it's way(actually called a TRE/Timing Retard Eliminator) We have realistic expectations about how things are at 200MPH. The General consensus is that stock Busa's run in the 180MPH range restricted. I'm hoping that with the Mods and a light Rider it should be possible to get close but that last few MPH takes alot of HP to overcome wind drag.
And of course things are still in the early stages, by the time all of the mods are on and a few extra horses are let loose and she does 0 - to 18o and back to 0 in 1.5 mile she may lose interest. Make no doubt about it its a daunting task and we don't have any pipe dreams about showing up making a 200MPH pass and going home.
SRAD

Hood Ornament
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
My de-restricted bike with a Yosh Ti system and remapping did a GPS 187 MPH. Everything else about the bike was stock. I remember Bike magazine took a stock 99, removed the mirrors and claimed they hit 195.

ed29
07-17-2008, 09:10 AM
I will be watching this close..... one day I want to do 200+ on a bike at Bonneville.... before I get old and wise enough not to.

If you end up needing a turbo I know of a shop in west Fort Worth that has built several turbo Busas. Cyclewerkz is the name. Good people, well equipped shop with dyno, and they are true enthusiasts. Of course you probably have all the contacts and info closer to home, it is there if you need it though.

SRADkneedragger
07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
One of the key elements here is that I bought this bike to ride and the LSR thing was just an after thought. I really like this thing and although I don't mind modding it to attempt 200MPH I don't want to lose the day to day rideability. So any Mods must be easily reversable or somewhat easy, so that afterwards I can return the bike back to it's current condition, stock with Yoshimuira Slip-ons. I really don't want it to turn into a single purpose bike thats no longer streetable or capable out out of town trips, so staying in a state where the bike can be returned to stock is more important than 200MPH at this point
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Squidward
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
A small turbo to put down around 230 or so horse should do it and it would remain remarkably friendly with the boost dialed down and would be less affected by elevation changes when touring through places like Colorado, etc.:trust:

dukey33
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
would laughing gas be the most reversible mod? (taking into consideration it doesn't grenade the engine):shrug:

I've no idea if that's even allowed at the Tx Mile.

Squidward
07-17-2008, 12:09 PM
would laughing gas be the most reversible mod? (taking into consideration it doesn't grenade the engine):shrug:

I've no idea if that's even allowed at the Tx Mile.

That'd be a long pass on spray.

Valker
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
That'd be a long pass on spray.
Not really as you don't need to hit the button until nearly topped out without it.:rider:

kennyd
07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Geez....and I thought jets were fast.

Got my KLR650 up to 90 mph once, but that was down hill with a tail wind. :yawn:

kennyd
Houston

Squidward
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Not really as you don't need to hit the button until nearly topped out without it.:rider:

I don't think it's going to be that simple. You're going to need that juice earlier than you think if you are going to make a 200mph pass at the Texas mile with easy bolt ons.

dukey33
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
It's a heavy bike anyways, what's a 15lb bottle strapped to the pillion pad? :-P

ed29
07-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Aerodynamics are key at that speed. The bottle would have to be inside the body work or it would disrupt air flow. The gas hits hard, and on a top speed run would have to be on solid for a minute or more. I would worry about the stability of the flow for that long of a run. On a 9 second or less drag run it is in its element.

It will take a certain amount of power to make the speed work. There are many different ways to do that. Cam and compression alteration along with flow mods to the head is the old school way. Drawbacks to get the performance level may include reduced daily rider friendliness.

A turbo allows milder cam profiles to keep the daily usage happy, yet at high RPMs and full throttle the speed is there.

By the way, when you do the run I bet some of us will want to be there to cheer y'all on

SRADkneedragger
07-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Well trying to be realistic here I think there is a point where although more HP= more speed at some point the Bus is going to start getting hard to handle and when it reaches that point I think if it gets intimidating( trying to wheelie and spin up) she is porbably going to be intimidated so I really want to keep the power delivery as smooth and manageable as possible. Nitrous is not a bad idea in the Mid gears as I think it would get you up to speed in a shorter distance but in the first 2 or three it would most likely just try to stand up and then in top gear wheelspin becomes a major issue.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

iratollah
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Good luck with your venture. You realize that that last 10 or 15mph won't come easily. Please keep us posted.

TWTim
07-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Carl, call me if you guys test at the Nine Miles this weekend. I'd like to be there. I'll let you use my GPS and I'll bring a good video camera.

X1Glider
07-17-2008, 03:48 PM
My first time at Bonneville was in the P-PP 1000, M-PG 1650 and A-PG 1650 classes. Did that for 2 seasons unfaired. Hanging on, while the wind you are creating is trying to rip you off, caused a lot of instability at speed. I set records at 143.1, 176.6 and 167.4 mph respectively. No clue what the HP was...just went for it.

MPS-PG 1350 class. I had 170 RWHP at the time. The best I could get (both passes averaged) was 177 mph. A little more tweaking before the meet a month later netted me 183 mph.

The next year, I played with nitrous (MPS-PF 1350) and did quite well. I was fairly conservative so as not to leave parts and fluid all over the salt. The dyno before the meet was almost 200 RWHP. The bike was lowered to 1" off the ground and the suspension travel mechanically limited. The best I could get was 196 mph.

Season 5, I got a little more radical (1650) and had gotten up to 240 RWHP. With some body work mods done by a friend in CA with some serious CF experience, I was able to slice through a little better. The new shapes were based on "feel" of how the bike was reacting at speed. You can tell where the pressure is and where the turbulence is. Not scientific analysis by any means but you can really tell when the bike flows better. The 2 bottles of juice were now in a custom cage underneath the tail section this time. I netted passes at 3 meets between 205 and 217 mph. The average of my sequential passes came out to 213.989 mph.

Regardless of having a 2 mile run up to the 3 timed miles and better aerodynamics, about 30% of my power is lost to wheel slippage, but it is up there with the big boys in motoGP. With their 240 RWHP, 990 cc machines, 219 mph was the best they could do on the longest of straights during qualifying.

Now, regarding the lady going to ride the Busa, when you are already at 140+ mph, hitting the juice will not pick up the front end nor will the bike get squirrely because of more HP. If the bike is going to be squirrely, it's because the suspension wasn't properly setup to begin with. The nitrous can be managed by any number of systems available on the market to keep delivery smooth and predictable. At speed, hitting the juice won't exactly pin her to the rear of the seat. The battle between HP and dynamic pressure will keep acceleration pretty uneventful.

Modern bikes are awesome right of the showroom floor. A lot of disillusioned people change the gearing, lower the bike and throw in race gas thinking they can break 200. They don't understand it isn't that easy.

Areos, gearing and a buttload of HP will get you over 200. Getting the right mix is the trick.

Gilk51
07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
By the way, when you do the run I bet some of us will want to be there to cheer y'all on

There was a gal on here a year or so ago that was planning to break the female speed record (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9834) - never did hear if she made an attempt.

SRADkneedragger
07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
You mean we can't just show up take off the mirrors and go 200MPH?
We are really planning on a lot of testing between now and then, hopefully with some positive results. Marie hasn't learned to"feel the air" yet and when she does I'm not sure how comfortable she is going to be trying to move around and get slippery, those things just come with seat time, and good coaching;-)
There are alot of +'s about the Texas Mile chief among them is that it is PAVED. I think the combination of salt low traction and speed would be alot to deal with so Pavement is just one more positive.
So the Plan is to do some GPS runs on Sunday anyone have any educated guesses? What about just plain guesses?
at this point the bike is bone stock except for the addition of a set of Yoshimuira slip-ons and a K&N airfilter. Gearing is to my knowledge stock. Gel seat has been added which unfortunately is about 1/2 inch taller than stock(seat of pants measurement).
So what do say? Post up your guesses for ACTUAL GPS'ed speed.
I'll start with 180MPH
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Valker
07-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm guessing 171.

TWTim
07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
So what do say? Post up your guesses for ACTUAL GPS'ed speed. I'll start with 180MPH

Sounds about right. We're at 3,000 feet elevation here, and the oxygen density will be a little lower than usual if the humidity stays where it's been over past few days.

My guess: 182

TWTim
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing 171.

Nah, we tested faster than that on a bone-stock GSXR1000:

http://www.timkreitz.com/photosection/matt_gps_small.jpg

X1Glider
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Are you using the Busa's stock tires? They are, even after all these years, the only street tire certified safe for sustained speeds over 200 mph. Even race tires are deemed for intermittent bursts. Pump them up to 40 psi. A dozen Busa land speed racers can't be wrong. They taught me some LSR lessons my first couple seasons.

Gilk51
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Nah, we tested faster than that on a bone-stock GSXR1000:

Should be no problem on a 'busa - here is what my little Wii-Strom did on a trip to Oklahoma a year or so ago:

http://www.texasarlingtoncs.us/pics/mc/events/russvisit070303/gps_2314q.JPG

:nana:

pacman
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM

ed29
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey now Chuck... was that "Max speed" figure related to vertical velocity (dropping) in a water crossing???? :nana:

186 is my guess.

TWTim
07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Should be no problem on a 'busa - here is what my little Wii-Strom did on a trip to Oklahoma a year or so ago:

http://www.texasarlingtoncs.us/pics/mc/events/russvisit070303/gps_2314q.JPG

:nana:

As a nav satellite fell from the sky. :lol2:

Gilk51
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey now Chuck... was that "Max speed" figure related to vertical velocity (dropping) in a water crossing???? :nana:

No water crossings (except by bridge) that trip. :shrug: how it got that number

-------

I'm going with 183

X1Glider
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Regarding feeling the air...

The trick in LSR is to get the butt far back into the seat bump. No humping the tank like in road racing. As the speed increases, arching your back into a hunchback shape will help the airstrean to merge together and reattach itself at the rear of the bike. You'll know it's working when you can feel the air travel down the length of your spine and across your butt. If you can feel like your back is being "sucked" upwards, your doing too much hump. You're creating drag at that point.

The biggest problems bikes have is being so short, they can not get the airflow to reattach itself behind the bike. You get a partail vaccuum back there and when the airflow does merge, it's in the form of turbulence, which actually tries to pull you back. Small holes or slots at the lowest part of the windscreen allow some air between the rider and windscreen. This wil help prevent buffetting and will make it easier to keep the helmet where it belongs and not slow you down. It also keep the airstream from trying to get inside the space between you and the windcreen, where there would normally be a partial vaccuum, and ripping you off the bike.

Decrease the width of the bars. Steering dampers are a must and most sanctioning bodies require them. Some classes require 2.

dukey33
07-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I've heard good grip glue is mandatory. :-P

Mic
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM

There was a gal on here a year or so ago that was planning to break the female speed record (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9834) - never did hear if she made an attempt.

That thread had a link to her site which states:

2007 Season
* First father/daughter team to join the 200 MPH club (10/7/07)
* Fastest Female to go down the TX Mile at 216.506 MPH (10/7/07)

and that she hit 215 in March of this year.

Found a YouTube of the 216 run thought the quality is a little poor. clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKoZ-AUGbs)

TWTim
07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Carl, I got your message, but my phone battery went dead. I'll give you a call when I take it off the charger.

Busafied
07-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I have yet to make a Tx mile event , been planning for yrs, but life and work always seem to have the upper hand.

I built my T-System, IMHO buy a used RCC best kit for the coin hands down.
I have the RCC old style plenum w/secondary injectors and a MT4 Microtech Controller, incorporated into my setup now.
Richard is a great guy, top notch in tech support.
I own a 2000 Busa- custom painted Glacier Frost Mica at Park Place Lexus in Plano.

many things could be disscussed here, but check the boards like SH.org in the LSR section for good info and help setting up.

Download a rule book and get busy-

http://www.texasmile.net/

just google land speed racing for more sites.

GL in you quest for speed. :rider:

Ron

http://www.busafied.com/2gap05/203.jpg

http://www.busafied.com/mybusa.jpg

pacman
07-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey srad, throw that Busa junk away and get you a real racin machine. :trust:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Texas-Mile-308-Sportster_157921.htm

Seriously though, that's one heck of a Sporty. Couldn't find a vid of the run.

SRADkneedragger
07-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Wow! I don't guess that ones "streetable":eek2:
Well today I'm going to check on whether the TRE arrived (If not I'm possibly going to borrow one) just go over the bike to "tech" things and prepare for some runs on Sunday so hang around.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
07-19-2008, 05:20 PM
That thread had a link to her site which states:

and that she hit 215 in March of this year.

Found a YouTube of the 216 run thought the quality is a little poor. clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKoZ-AUGbs)

and quess who does the tuning???

PS forget the TRE you need something I inventd and still make

SRADkneedragger
07-19-2008, 06:02 PM
PS forget the TRE you need something I inventd and still make[/QUOTE]

OK you have my attention
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Squidward
07-19-2008, 06:04 PM

OK you have my attention
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

JohnnyCheese is the man to listen to.....he knows a thing or three about high-speed Busas.

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Well it's time for a quick seat install(no seat cover or foam just a pan) and a quick install of the TRE( I borrowed one last night) off to StarBucks and then after a suitable amount of high octane caffiene its off to the Top Secret Top Speed Testing Facility. Keep your fingers crossed
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

pacman
07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

Squidward
07-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Pass me some of that corn.

ninesecondjen
07-20-2008, 07:40 PM
and quess who does the tuning???

I'm still around...just don't get on the forums much since I'm so busy.

If you guys are planning to hit 200mph at the mile you better listen to Johnny, and get all the information out of him you need before the mile because he's not leaving my side that weekend until I run my number!
Also plan for a headwind coming at an angle on your right side...a 20mph gust is no big deal at 185mph, but it's a little different when you are leaned over into the wind at over 200mph with about 10% tire slippage. I wish anyone who wants to join the 200mph club the best of luck!

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Well today was good and bad. Really good in that everything worked great and no problems.
Bad as in 100 degrees 70% humidity and a 25mph side wind.
Well things pretty much always start out here with a quick fill up of high octane coffee at StarBucks. Next throw in a few Babe and Bike pics for the Sponsors.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/5.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/6.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/7.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/8.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/9.jpg

Hey look everbody my sponsor shirt matches my bike! How does my lipstick look? It's not smudged is it?
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
07-20-2008, 09:08 PM
sorry my internet is going off and on.
I make the modded GPS this way the map can still run the way it is suppose to instead of rich in 1-4 gears

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 09:22 PM
So upon arrival at the Top Secret Top Speed Testing Facility we started getting things ready.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/11.jpg
Here's the current setup.
Yoshimuira Slip-on cannisters
Switched TRE
K&N Airfilter
Cut down seat(actually just a seat pan!)
42 psi in tires

Thats it thats all. we talked about shifting a little and about body position a little and then away she went. this photo is just beyond 1/4 at around the 100MPH mark.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/12.jpg

Next two pics are over the 150MPH mark. We were in no big hurry to get to top speed just gradually increasing each run.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/13.jpg

As you can see she has a pretty good profile and can pretty much hide completely behind the frontal area other than her helmet which against the tank.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/14.jpg

Well it's pretty much time to go ahead and turn her loose and see what happens next
So after a water and rest break
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/18.jpg

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I wasn't really sure how fast the Bus really going to be in it's current configuration ( I suspect that between the pipes and filter it's pretty lean and I can't really tell that the TRE is having much if any effect) but as you can see in the next Photo is is so fast that it actually became invisible!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/15.jpg

After 4 passes all out she came in and said the winds were really difficult(they were starting to pick up) and the bike was getting to be a hand full. She also said that she had more throttle but that was all she had in her for today.
So of course everyone is standing around waiting for the hump to come off and check the GPS,,,
Well,,,

So?

How much was it?

Wait for it....

Results to be posted next week

Just kidding! Calm down
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/17.jpg

173MPH!

Very respectable! I was pretty impressed. So of course I had to take a shot at it next. Now this isn't really my show and I'm really just the crew chief but I also want to know whats in there.
So,,,,

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Well it's time for the old fat guy to gear up and if you look at the pics you'll see there's alot of shoulders and knees and elbows hanging out everywhere!
I just can't get inside the air pocket as well as she can(too many Twinkies I guess)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/19.jpg

So what did the old dog have up his sleeve? Well to be honest the wind which started out at 25MPH had gotten pretty stiff and as much as I tried to work the aerodynamics the bike was just too much of a hand full for much moving about trying to get slick. I've been doing top speed runs out here against other bikes for years and always did well but it wasn't in the cards today.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/20.jpg

On a final note I couldn't tell that the TRE was having much effect on the bike either way( ran with it on and off ) so that may have been a factor the bike pulled to 10 1 on the tach in 6th and indicated 186MPH so I wonder if the TRE was functioning or not.

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
On a final note for those of you who might think that 173MPH isn't very fast take a look at this little video of Marie at speed
YOU GO GIRL!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/th_173video.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/?action=view&current=173video.flv)

SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Well....it wasn't the speed as I was hoping to reach, but for the first time not bad I guess. Everything felt great minus the wind. I am looking forward to the next run and a faster speed.
Marie

ninesecondjen
07-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Get used to the wind...there's almost always wind at the mile, sometimes gusting over 30mph. We will have to be really lucky to have low wind...that's more likely to happen in October though so it's possible! Remember you don't have miles of road, you have 1 mile from a dead stop so you really need to be going around 140mph+ at the 1/4 mile...you're going to have to get there fast. I wouldn't expect a bike with your setup (if there's no motor work) to go over 190mph in the mile....185mph with a 15mph head wind (which is typical at the mile)...even with an experienced 115 pound rider. If the TRE is on it's most likely working...the bike is just not going to go any faster. Being light and having aerodynamics can only help so much...it isn't everything, when it comes down to it you have got to have HP and you've got to get it to the ground. Good luck, and be safe!;-) Oh, and get that Brock pipe on...don't want to see any more pictures of a busa with a Yoshi pipe from a fellow Brock sponsored rider.:trust:

TWTim
07-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Since I have a sinus headache that's keeping me awake, I thought I'd go ahead and upload my video of Sunday's fun. Enjoy:

http://i5.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/videos/HeavyBusaTest1.flv

pooldoc
07-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Tim, GREAT JOB on the video! Hope your sinus headache is getting better :doh:

I see lots of videos on youtube of Bus riders getting to or approaching 200mph on public highways - lots of times in the comments ill read that alot of it is faked. Whats your thoughts there?

Oh and WTG Marie !! Thanks for sharing with us. I don't think i could ever muster the courage to go that fast :clap: :clap:

Sleepy Weasel
07-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Since I have a sinus headache that's keeping me awake, I thought I'd go ahead and upload my video of Sunday's fun. Enjoy:

What's funny was at the part where she's pulling out onto the, uh, "test track" and doing the u-turn, I was thinking, "She hardly takes up any of that seat. I wonder why they don't fill in the gap some?"

Then Carl got on the bike and I said, "Oh."

:duck:

Keep it up.

:clap:

SRADkneedragger
07-21-2008, 09:50 AM

http://i5.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/videos/HeavyBusaTest1.flv
BLOCKED!
blocked!
BLOCKED!
CURSE YOU WEBSENSE!
SRAD
HEAVY BUS RACING

JTM
07-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Great video Tim

TWTim
07-21-2008, 04:29 PM
BLOCKED!
blocked!
BLOCKED!
CURSE YOU WEBSENSE!

Awe, dang -- sorry. Here it is on YouTube. See if this one'll work:

http://www.youtube.com/v/wOhx5HCeknk&hl=en&fs=1

THanks for all the kudos, everyone -- and yes, I'm feeling better this afternoon.

Steep
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Got this document from my moto crazy sister-in-law today. Seems there is another feminina adrenaline junkie out there.

Well, my attachment didn't work, will try again...........

SRADkneedragger
07-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Tim the Video turned out to be awesome!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
keep in mind that the limited is not mph based. it is Rpm bases.
no higher than 10.2K in 6th.
10.8k or more (hint Hint) in all the other gears.
Also like Jen said one mile is it.
I had two busa in Oct last year'
One 07 as stock as the show room floor with a killer map I made.
180mph with a short man weighing about 180
the other was an 03 with slip ons full box mod and a another custom map I made.
he went 179 weighing 220
I do believe the rule of thumb is 200+hp will get you to 200mph but you have to be light and have guts.

SRADkneedragger
07-21-2008, 09:34 PM
I want to take a quick minute here to tell everyone
WHAT WE ARE DOING IS DANGEROUS! POSSIBLY DEADLY! Let me reiterate,
YOU COULD DIE TRYING TO DO THIS!
Here's the big disclaimer. My Husband has been racing for over 20 years, and puts every bit of that experience into the bike and gear BEFORE each and every run. Everything is checked and double checked brakes, brake fluid, chain, motor oil, coolant lines, anything that could go wrong. Over 150MPH if things go wrong they can go bad instantly. So as a public disclaimer, PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS without training good safety equipment, a good trainer/crew chief and a professional rider.
Marie
PS JohnnyCheese you have a PM

TWTim
07-22-2008, 08:56 AM
You need to register Marie. You'll be addicted to this forum in no time, just like the rest of us! :lol2:

ninesecondjen
07-22-2008, 02:44 PM
That sounds about right Johnny...for a stock motor. In March of 06 we took a stock busa and my Dad went 180mph...I went 184.8mph. The 4mph extra is the weight difference b/w my dad and I. We were expecting about 192mph with the setup, but we had major tire slippage. This was with a constant 15-20mph head wind and over 30mph gusts coming from the right. We actually stopped running because one of our friends crashed crossing the line at 204mph. I crashed at the mile the next year trying to join the 200mph club. Infact I usually see one bike go down everytime I'm there...you really have to be on top of your game...absolutely no distractions!

X1Glider
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Jen, don't worry so much about the weight. Whatever the diffrence was between you and your dad, doesn't matter much. At Bonneville, it's S.O.P. to add up to 250 pounds of ballast. You'll need more HP to get it moving but you make up for it in traction. Accelerating, the dynamic pressure is harder to overcome than the excess weight. And once you get so close to the top end, it's all about overcoming wind resistance.

TWTim
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Lighter wheels will help, too. A set of Marchesinis or the like will reduce the weight of the rotating mass tremendously.

Then there are things like bigger snorkels, custom maps -- the list goes on. I bet they'll be in the mid-180s by the end of summer.

X1Glider
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Lighter wheels will help, too. A set of Marchesinis or the like will reduce the weight of the rotating mass tremendously.

Then there are things like bigger snorkels, custom maps -- the list goes on. I bet they'll be in the mid-180s by the end of summer.

I removed the front brakes completely.

M38A1
07-22-2008, 06:38 PM
What an excellent adventure of which I know zero about.

When you refer to tire slippage, could you please explain what that is? If I'm thinking the tire contact area is actually slipping on the road surface or in the rim, I believe my jaw will hit the floor.

ninesecondjen
07-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Jen, don't worry so much about the weight. Whatever the diffrence was between you and your dad, doesn't matter much. At Bonneville, it's S.O.P. to add up to 250 pounds of ballast. You'll need more HP to get it moving but you make up for it in traction. Accelerating, the dynamic pressure is harder to overcome than the excess weight. And once you get so close to the top end, it's all about overcoming wind resistance.

Oh, maybe I wasn't very clear with my words. I'm not worried about the weight like that...my light weight is often a disadvantage...even drag racing. I'm very familiar with adding ballast...we have pounds and pounds of lead in the shop for just that purpose. I was under the impression that the "SRAD" team thinks they can get a virtually stock busa to go 200mph at the mile with the advantage of being light and aerodynamic. I'm saying that just being light and aerodynamic is not going to get them to 200mph! It only got me 4mph...if that, it could have been a combination of other things. It won't get them that extra 15-20mph in a short mile. They need more HP, but they are testing so I'm sure they will figure that out shortly.

You are right, it helps to be aerodynamic, but then again Noonan just went over 240mph at El Mirage with NO fairings!

ninesecondjen
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
What an excellent adventure of which I know zero about.

When you refer to tire slippage, could you please explain what that is? If I'm thinking the tire contact area is actually slipping on the road surface or in the rim, I believe my jaw will hit the floor.

Both. For example, the tires are spinning at 200mph, but the bike is only going 190mph...the power is not being transferred to the ground. This happens when you have a bad head wind. What's really scary is when you have major tire slippage from the head wind and then you get a nasty 30mph gust from the right side...it's weird because you are going straight, but you are leaned over to the right into the wind and the bike is actually sliding to the left...it's not so bad at 180mph, but it's really freaky over 200mph. At this point if you try to keep the bike from sliding off the course by slightly turning the bike to the right it will throw you into a major headshake. Great fun at 200mph! The tires will also move on the rim. If you put a mark on the tire and rim you can measure how much the tire slips on the rim.

ninesecondjen
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I removed the front brakes completely.

I hope that's a joke or something that's done at Bonneville! Can they even use brakes at Bonneville? I think that would be scary to brake on the salt...it seems like you would just have to coast to a stop.

You need VERY good brakes at the Mile...it's a short shutdown. It's not uncommon for people to over shoot the shutdown area...and it's REALLY bumpy out there.

SRADkneedragger
07-23-2008, 08:26 AM
we are pretty much taking things one step at a time and once we get the performance modes ironed out we will start trying to compress the overall distance from start to finish. The big key here is to take small steps all the way. Safety is far more important than any number also I don't want the bike to do anything that is going to scare or intimidate Marie so we are taking the time to do things a little at a time.
Our next runs this weekend will be going towards marginal speed increases and just getting more seat time for her.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
07-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I think the incremental approach works best. I bet that if you get the Power Commander with a richer injection map installed this week, along with the v-stack mods, you'll be over 180.

I'll bring the cameras!

X1Glider
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I hope that's a joke or something that's done at Bonneville! Can they even use brakes at Bonneville? I think that would be scary to brake on the salt...it seems like you would just have to coast to a stop.

You need VERY good brakes at the Mile...it's a short shutdown. It's not uncommon for people to over shoot the shutdown area...and it's REALLY bumpy out there.
Very serious. There's 3 miles to coast down at Bonneville. So there's no need to waste horsepower on excess rotational mass. With that much room, there's no need for brakes at all but it still is required to have something acceptable. And, as you noted, actually using the brakes isn't something you want to do. Imagine sprinkling baby powder all over a linoleum floor.

As soon as you cross the 5 mile line, it's engine off, coast down to a safe enough speed to turn off the course. Plenty of room out there. Plus we share the course with cars and streamliners that typically see close to 400 mph. They need all the room they can get. They just coast to a stop, then their support vehicle loads them up to get off the course.

Yes the mile is a different beast. Bonneville is an endurance race in comparison. Been there once as support. Felt I needed more room to achieve the speeds I was interested in obtaining and I was right. The Buells need more time to get up to max speed. Somehow Bonneville seems safer too. Then there is the mystique and heritage. Looking out amongst a vast sea of white cystal is like nothing else. I like all the races though, no matter where. Looking forward to the first meet.

SRADkneedragger
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
at Bonneville you don't really need brakes the salt will stop you when you fall down and as a bonus you get free tattoo removal!
SRAD

ninesecondjen
07-23-2008, 11:48 AM
at Bonneville you don't really need brakes the salt will stop you when you fall down and as a bonus you get free tattoo removal!
SRAD

:rofl: That's so wrong. Oh well, what are our choices? Bonneville (tattoo removal), TX Mile (short shutdown/wind), Maxton (dodge the cones at 200mph), or El Mirage (dirt)....I think it's best we just invest in really good brakes!

Anyways...if you guys need any info just ask, we all support eachother in the landspeed community. There's a good forum on www.suzukihayabusa.org (the maximum overdrive section) if you haven't found it yet. I don't normally get on the forums, but my Dad is on there a lot and he really knows more about setup for landspeed than I do. I'm really more of a drag racer :-P

ninesecondjen
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Very serious. There's 3 miles to coast down at Bonneville. So there's no need to waste horsepower on excess rotational mass. With that much room, there's no need for brakes at all but it still is required to have something acceptable. And, as you noted, actually using the brakes isn't something you want to do. Imagine sprinkling baby powder all over a linoleum floor.

As soon as you cross the 5 mile line, it's engine off, coast down to a safe enough speed to turn off the course. Plenty of room out there. Plus we share the course with cars and streamliners that typically see close to 400 mph. They need all the room they can get. They just coast to a stop, then their support vehicle loads them up to get off the course.

Yes the mile is a different beast. Bonneville is an endurance race in comparison. Been there once as support. Felt I needed more room to achieve the speeds I was interested in obtaining and I was right. The Buells need more time to get up to max speed. Somehow Bonneville seems safer too. Then there is the mystique and heritage. Looking out amongst a vast sea of white cystal is like nothing else. I like all the races though, no matter where. Looking forward to the first meet.

I would love to see Bonneville, but I'm not sure about taking one of my own bikes out there? What kind of damage does the salt do to the bikes? You have to really have guts to go that fast for that long! Although not having to brake at all sounds safer. It's no fun braking hard at high speeds. How much longer does it take you to get up to speed on the salt compared to the mile? Do you have a lot of tire slippage or does the ballast help? Sorry for all the questions...I just always wondered what Bonneville was like. I'm a school counselor so I have to pick and choose what events to hit...the money is not there for everything and I only have so much time off.

Sleepy Weasel
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
I would love to see Bonneville, but I'm not sure about taking one of my own bikes out there? What kind of damage does the salt do to the bikes?

I always imagined it had to be pretty bad. I remember my grandmother giving her pristine Oldsmobile to a cousin that moved to Michigan. A year later he came back for a visit and the paintjob looked like a patchwork quilt from all the "touch-ups" done after the winter road salt was gone.

X1Glider
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM
What kind of damage does the salt do to the bikes? You have to really have guts to go that fast for that long! Although not having to brake at all sounds safer. It's no fun braking hard at high speeds. How much longer does it take you to get up to speed on the salt compared to the mile? Do you have a lot of tire slippage or does the ballast help?

Basically you spray this solution called "Salt-Away" all over every nook, cranny and surface of the bike, except the tires, rear brake pad and rotor. It helps a lot but when all is said and done, you drive home, and still need to jack hammer the chunks of salt build up off the bike. Then you disasemble it and thoroughly clean everything. Then you check every part and fastener to determine if it needs replacing... A lot more intensive than hosing the bike down. Some people don't run air cleaners or use crankcase vent filters or even carb breather line filters. I have a filter for everything. No sense in the salt ruining the internals. Who wants to rebuild every single thing if you normally wouldn't have to?

The first 2 miles is essentially a drag race and the last 3 miles are timed. The more capable you are of really high speeds, the more you will want to get on it quicker. Distance gets eaten up real fast initially and there is never enough room to try and eek out that last 5 mph you think you can get.

I like to start off slow to give me more time to get my body position settled and pick my line. We share with heavier cars and streamliners. The streamliners are so heavy, and being single track, tend to put a groove in the salt. Especially if they're running metal tires, for lack of a better term. It's very difficult to find rubber made for those speeds, so they sometimes just run metal on the salt. Getting a side wind at speed and hitting the edge of a groove can put an end to things real fast. If I just get on it right away, I eat up miles and run out of time to get settled and pick my line safely. I don't want to ever have to change lines at that speed on a slippery surface.

But to answer your question, it takes about 1.5 miles for me to reach my max speed and stay lined up for the succeeding 3 timed miles.

Once you're up to speed, it's pretty uneventful. You take your clutch hand off the bars and wrap it around the tank to get it out of the wind, tilt your head sideways a bit to get it lower to the tank and just wait to see the cones go by every 1/4 mile or 4.5-5 seconds. Basically it's a full minute and a half of looking at nothing but white with no discernable features but the finish hash mark. The only thing exciting that happens is watching your tach needle bury itself and drop back to normal everytime your tires slip and regain traction.

The tire slippage is tremendous. I've calculated it out at every meet and it averages out to 30%. At these speeds, I run 40 psi front and rear. This does 3 things. The tire runs cooler because the carcass isn't flexxing and generating heat, the circumference of the tire stays more constant and the extra pressure keeps the tire from slipping on the rim. Though I have still seen the yellow dot in a place where it wasn't originally set. The problem is you don't have much of a contact patch. The ballast helps. I attach it the the rear subframe so it is sprung weight. Most people attach it to the swingarm. This doesn't just keep weight over the rear tire but helps give back some of the contact patch. Tires need to be kept an eye on. After 2 runs, I've had tires chunked up so bad they looked like knobbies. You have to immediately brush off all the salt to see it otherwise you may never notice it.

That was long winded. And now I'm too excited to work because I'm thinking of racing.

TWTim
07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
That was long winded. And now I'm too excited to work because I'm thinking of racing.

We can dig it. It's like being a caged animal some days. :mrgreen:

SRADkneedragger
07-23-2008, 02:19 PM
We can dig it. It's like being a caged animal some days. :mrgreen:
Why do you think I rarely ride to work? When I do I park my bike inside about 10 ft from my desk and it constantly distracts me all day. Everytime I try to work it starts whispering "ride me touch me, start me"
must resist
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

ninesecondjen
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow, thanks...I could still as a gabillion more questions! I've seen lots of pictures, but I'm sure if you saw it in person you just couldn't put it into words. I'm not sure I like the idea of the grooves in the salt and all that tire slippage, but I really like the no brakes part! Braking hard at high speeds is not fun.

Is the hash mark at the end of the 5 miles easy to see? Or could you pass right over it and not realize it? Markers kind of freak me out a little...I like them to be really easy to see.

Do you know the guys from Team FAKAWI? I think they go to Bonneville too.

ninesecondjen
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
we are pretty much taking things one step at a time and once we get the performance modes ironed out we will start trying to compress the overall distance from start to finish. The big key here is to take small steps all the way. Safety is far more important than any number also I don't want the bike to do anything that is going to scare or intimidate Marie so we are taking the time to do things a little at a time.
Our next runs this weekend will be going towards marginal speed increases and just getting more seat time for her.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

That's the best way to do it. It's probably actually best to take it to the mile nearly stock the 1st time anyways. The hardest part is stopping, and it's really not too bad at 180mph.

Johnnycheese
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
right back at ya

TWTim
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
That's the best way to do it. It's probably actually best to take it to the mile nearly stock the 1st time anyways. The hardest part is stopping, and it's really not too bad at 180mph.

Yeppers. I think if you can get the bike into the 185-ish range, that's plenty fast for your first trip to the Mile. It'll give Marie a change to get her feet wet in a brand new enviroment without the worry or pressure of trying to set some kind of record.

Just go and have fun the first time around, kinda like we did this weekend in testing the stock bike.

Gilk51
07-24-2008, 07:02 AM
When is the next Texas Mile scheduled?

There was one back in March.

pacman
07-24-2008, 09:03 AM
I think the next one is in October. I was thinking about doing it, but my bike is a long way from passing tech.

SRADkneedragger
07-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the next one is in October. I was thinking about doing it, but my bike is a long way from passing tech.

tech? TECH? you mean theres TECH? What about the Duct tape and Bailing wire? OMG! Now I'm going to have to change brakes AND oil?

JK:lol2:
SRAD

Squidward
07-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I'd like to do it too. I'd be lucky to break mid 140's on my bike on the mile though. Lots of drag after cresting the ton.

TWTim
07-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I'd like to do it too. I'd be lucky to break mid 140's on my bike on the mile though. Lots of drag after cresting the ton.

Same here. I currently have my ZX7R sprocketed to bang the rev limiter at 142. A bit extreme, but doing so bought me half a second in the eighth-mile.

The Rex does about 150 in stock gearing, but it ain't pleasant going that fast exposed in the wind.

pacman
07-24-2008, 01:12 PM
120+ on the Rex is a little rough, but I think I could take one for the team and do it once or 5 times. :twisted:

Safety wiring all the fasteners is a pain in the butt, though, so I doubt I'll be doing it any time soon.

Who wants to loan me a land speed Busa? :lol2:

Dragwn
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
You don't have to safety wire everything for the mile, but for over 140mph you do have to have a steering dampner...when I go down to College Station to get my bike worked on/over by a bunch of ZRXOA Hoolies, I may get everything done to get my rex ready for the mile, but probably try for next march anyway.

Squidward
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM
You don't have to safety wire everything for the mile, but for over 140mph you do have to have a steering dampner...when I go down to College Station to get my bike worked on/over by a bunch of ZRXOA Hoolies, I may get everything done to get my rex ready for the mile, but probably try for next march anyway.

Conveniently, my bike comes with a damper as standard equipment.:trust:

pacman
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Check the new rules as of 2008.

http://texasmile.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=32

It's not as much wiring as I thought, but you do have to wire the axles. A lanyard-attached kill switch is also required this year.

SRADkneedragger
07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
After years of racing Safety wiring pretty much comes second nature and is pretty easy. Even easier as now many organizations allow colored glue such as 3M Gorilla Snot in lieu of wiring some bolts. I still wire the oil filter on every bike I own, and the drain plug. fill cap radiator cap thats just about it oh and the master link on the chain.
Safety wiring is really an ancient secret black art and in order to be intiated you must have first broken every single 1/8" bit in your toolbox and all of the ones at the local hardware store, meanwhile working on phase two of the intitation ceremony which is poking needle sharp DIRTY safety wire 1/4" deep in at least 4 of you fingers. The final stage of this initiation process is to run over the short cut off piece with your brand new slicks and hole one of them then as you kneel in subjugation to inspect said flattened tire impale your knee on another cut off piece that you carelessly dropped earlier.
Congrats your now qualified to safety wire racing stuff(racing stuff is a highly technical term)
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

pacman
07-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Nice. After reading that, I'm not coming within 10 feet of safety wire. That stuff sounds dangerous.

Squidward
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I've got a good deal of safety wire experience being an A&P mechanic.....those silly airplanes have that crap everywhere.

SRADkneedragger
07-27-2008, 09:42 AM
although today is technically "Busa Research" day we are doing a car/bike wash for MDA today at StarBucks in Odessa so Busa Research is on hold. If your in the area come by and get cleaned up.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Well today brought a pleasant surprise the P.A.I.R. Plates showed up and I scored a Gas Tank from a Busa rider named Danny in Arizona for $50 to the door! I spoke with the high School body shop teacher and he said that cutting the tank down wasn't a problem! Now I have a question for you guys, how far does the fuel pump stick up into the tank? when we cut the tank down we are going to go down as far as possible but I am wondering if the top of the fuel pump will hit the inside of the top of the tank if we go too far. I know the simplest solution would be to just put a pump in it, DUH! But I don't really want to pull ours out and have the bike down for weeks while we are trying to do set up and testing. I think it would silly to buy one just for this deal so any one have a BAD BROKEN or NON working fuel pump? As for the progress we have put everything on hold for a little road trip this weekend then its back to testing the following weekend. As usual we are open to any and all advice!
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
08-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Someone has been tuning a certain Hayabusa:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/hayabusa187gps.jpg

It was ungodly hot today, but Marie wanted to try out her new mods. As you can see, she went 187 miles per hour on her second run. That's an improvement of 11 miles per hour over the baseline test:

http://www.youtube.com/v/wOhx5HCeknk&hl=en&fs=1

187 is a great improvement. Nice going, Carl and Marie!

SRADkneedragger
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Weather was perfect for a few minutes low to no wind 37% himidity, 94 degrees and Marie let er rip! 187mph! Power Commander jetted waaay rich, back to the stock airfilter removed the grabrail and mirrors. theres alot more to see but here's a little for tonight
SRA
Heavy Bus Racing
Come everybody ride the Bus!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010047.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010062.jpg

TWTim
08-11-2008, 12:13 AM
94 degrees

When I got home the Weather Channel said it was 101. :eek2:

donroger1
08-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Someone has been tuning a certain Hayabusa:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/hayabusa187gps.jpg

It was ungodly hot today, but Marie wanted to try out her new mods. As you can see, she went 187 miles per hour on her second run. That's an improvement of 11 miles per hour over the baseline test:

187 is a great improvement. Nice going, Carl and Marie!

Actually 14 over her speed and 11 over Carl's.
That is exactly how it's done. One bite at a time.
In no time at all, the elephant is gone.......................:thumb:

SRADkneedragger
08-11-2008, 08:51 AM
It's amazing when the bike comes past you just know it was haulin the mail! the sound is almost frightening. Another thing that really amazes me is is just how difficult it is to get everything right. We pulled up, parked, Marie geared up and said I'm going for it. I said maybe a few practice runs and she said "No, it feels right".
BANG! Just like that 187mph! She took a little break for her and the bike (about 15 mins) and went back for 2 more passes. The temp was starting to climb and the wind was picking up a little. The next time out she ONLY went 184mph. So in a matter of 15 minutes she lost 3mph to conditions.

As for the bike, the only Mods this week were the addition of a Power Commander and the removal of the mirrors and grab rail and we changed from the K&N airfilter back to the stock airfilter.
SRAD

TWTim
08-11-2008, 10:05 AM
It's amazing when the bike comes past you just know it was haulin the mail! the sound is almost frightening.

It sounded ghostly, like some kind of wraith cutting through that hot, still air. Totally awesome. It's been quite a few years since I've watched a bike go by at almost 190.

SRADkneedragger
08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
well there's still alot of work to do to get where we need to be. The general rule/assumption is that it requires 200HP to make the Busa go 200mph and most of that is used to overcome drag in the last few mph. There is also another issue with the distances involvedas we have been running at around the 2 mile mark. For the Texas Mile she is going to have to go from stop to top speed back to stop in 1.5 miles. So she is probably going to need some pretty hard heavy accelleration and decelleration.
SRAD Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, get the pair valve work done and see how much gain you get. I'd think a run of between 190 and 195 is plenty for your first trip to the mile.

Then it'll be time for one of these:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/turbo.jpg

:trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust:

SRADkneedragger
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
As usual at work pic is blocked!
We are planning quit a bit more while staying with pretty much bolt ons. The next step from here will be the Brocks Titanium and Stainless Full System and the P.A.I.R. system mod. From there we are looking at doing the air box mod in a few weeks. Her gas tank came in a few days ago so we are going to try to get it dropped off and have it cut in 1/2 to get the extra clearance. The big thing with the gas tank is BEFORE we start cutting I need to know exactly how tall the factory fuel pump is so we don't end up too short to get it back together.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Sleepy Weasel
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Well, get the pair valve work done and see how much gain you get. I'd think a run of between 190 and 195 is plenty for your first trip to the mile.

Then it'll be time for one of these:

http://image05.webshots.com/5/8/33/43/61283343OLmlas_ph.jpg

:trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust: :trust:

Weird, I get the red X, but a link to the pic works.

http://image05.webshots.com/5/8/33/43/61283343OLmlas_ph.jpg

SRADkneedragger
08-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Well we have Websense Filtering and it blocks all kinds of stuff for no apparent reason.
we will be working on aerodynamics some more in a few weeks I wonder if I can get her to wear a Spandex bodysuit over her leathers?:lol2:
SRAD

donroger1
08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Tim's turbo kit picture didn't show up in his post for me.
I "quoted" his post and found the image address.
Once I went to the image, it began showing up in the posts. :huh:

Gilk51
08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Tim's turbo kit picture didn't show up in his post for me.
I "quoted" his post and found the image address.
Once I went to the image, it began showing up in the posts. :huh:

It did the same thing for me. :scratch:

achesley
08-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Awesome! Enjoying reading your bite by bite to 200. Think the fastest I've ever been was back in the late 70's on a turbo 750 Suzy. The suspension and our lack of know how had the bike all over the place. ;-(.. Lucky it didn't kill us.
Now, hmmmm It would take me a day to get my brain in sync for 87 mph , much less 187. ;'J).

TWTim
08-13-2008, 08:44 AM
It did the same thing for me. :scratch:

It apparently has to do with the permission settings on the server where it's hosted. No problem, Photobucket cures all:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/TimKreitz/OSB/turbo.jpg

SRADkneedragger
08-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Strangely enough if you come over to my house I have four or five turbos of various sizes laying around in boxes. One of which is pretty small from a diesel engine,,,hmmmmm:brainsnap
Naw we are going naturally aspirated this year( unless a Nitrous kit happens to fall out of the sky and land on the bike).
All kidding aside this is very serious and very dangerous business and I want to take baby steps not just to make sure everything on the Bike is bulletproof and safe but also to make sure that everything is easy and comfortable for Marie. For the most part I want to maintain the bikes rather Docile(did I just say that about a Hayabusa?) manners. NO2 or a Turbo would kill its good nature pretty quick and then you are started down the road of riding something with a bad dispostion AND trying to go fast.
Of course everything remains to be seen this is still a week to week improvement program to see where we are when October gets here.
And of course there is the Sponsorship thing I am not very apt to say no to free things that show up
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Teeds
08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Wow, thanks...I could still as a gabillion more questions! I've seen lots of pictures, but I'm sure if you saw it in person you just couldn't put it into words. I'm not sure I like the idea of the grooves in the salt and all that tire slippage, but I really like the no brakes part! Braking hard at high speeds is not fun.

Is the hash mark at the end of the 5 miles easy to see? Or could you pass right over it and not realize it? Markers kind of freak me out a little...I like them to be really easy to see.

Do you know the guys from Team FAKAWI? I think they go to Bonneville too.

I went to Bonneville as a spectator in 2005. With over 40 years of dreaming about the trip and reading every story that I came across I was completely unprepared for the immensity of Bonneville. Leaving the asphalt and driving onto the salt for the first time and the miles from there to the pits was unimaginable to me. Distance has almost no meaning ... unless you are going 200 plus miles per hour or better.

My photos are in my SmugMug account from the trip.

I want to go back ... maybe we need a TWT group trip someday ... some race and the rest of us provide support.

We knew some folks there that had a record from a previous trip, but had moved to another class with their bike. They were having all sorts of magneto problems and both guys with me knew the answer to the problem. Unfortunately, the "team" wasn't open to suggestion from spectators, nevermind both people I was with were reputable engine builders and racers ... their loss ... they went home without ever figuring out what was "wrong" with their setup.

It was enlightening to watch them run rabbit trails that even I knew were dead ends.

They had changed too many variables at one time, so as mentioned making slow changes is the ticket to a successful record.

SRADkneedragger
08-13-2008, 10:12 AM
They had changed too many variables at one time, so as mentioned making slow changes is the ticket to a successful record.
I learned that lesson a bunch of years ago trying to tune carbs at the drag strip. Make one change at a time and document everything. then when you have this big fat floppy beaten up spiral notebook full of important tuning information with everything in it you can misplace it the night before the races!:giveup:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing
Come on everybody ride the Bus!

TWTim
08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
I learned that lesson a bunch of years ago trying to tune carbs at the drag strip. Make one change at a time and document everything. then when you have this big fat floppy beaten up spiral notebook full of important tuning information with everything in it you can misplace it the night before the races!

:giveup:

LOL. :lol2:

LongR1
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
let me know when ur next time going is. told u i would bring weather meter. I know that day u guys ran, i was at dragstrip and corrected DA was like 6200 FT above sea level. so air was terrible for power.

http://www.cetsolar.com/images/4000nv.jpg

TWTim
08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
let me know when ur next time going is. told u i would bring weather meter. I know that day u guys ran, i was at dragstrip and corrected DA was like 6200 FT above sea level. so air was terrible for power.

That's a good idea, Brandon. We never know the exact conditions until after the fact.

By the way, welcome to TWT. :welcome:

LongR1
08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
corrected DA doesnt always tell u everything, but it all together can help. it went from 6300ft and 103 degrees last weekend, to 5200 feet and 88 degrees, but bikes didnt make more power even with 1000 ft of change. pressure was extremely low all day which doesnt help and humidty went from 24% to 55% in sense taking away gains from DA going lower. but to test and guage info, more info u have, more u can tell any changes and such if they are working or not. talked to SRAD briefly other day about it so i could use weather station to give more info for them.

Thanks for welcome, Tim... guess joined while back, but havent posted...until now.

TWTim
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
How would we go about calculating oxgyen density using temperature, humity, and barometric pressure as variables?

SRADkneedragger
08-14-2008, 05:06 PM
How would we go about calculating oxgyen density using temperature, humity, and barometric pressure as variables?
why Tim thats quite simple! first you get a standard kitchen measuring cup and fill it with air. Next you count all the O2 molecules in it. That will be your base line.Next :giveup:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

LongR1
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
i dont know about that.. i know at NHRA what they concentrate on is water vapor, or grains or something. it also tells them oxygen content.
this is what it measures.. now im not sure on wetbulb or how it relates:
Barometric pressure ,Pressure trend ,Altitude ,Relative humidity
Heat stress index, Dewpoint ,Wet bulb temperature ,Density altitude
Wind chill ,Air, water, and snow temperature ,Current wind speed ,Average wind speed ,Maximum wind gust

its not normal we have that much humidty here..but with storms in gulf lately. really most important info should be same i take at track.
temp, humidty, baro pressure, density altitude.

those should get idea if u run more than one day and couple hours apart to see what effects they have on bike and power. again more info, better. once they get to mile, not like they can make wholesale changes that will effect bikes performance other than mapping, changing fuel. so they are gonna have what they have as far as conditions, but in mean time allow them to see what changes do to bike as conditions changes, then when they get there, they have idea of which way to go. wide band would be best bet to get A/F as close as they can. i have one on my bike, and honestly i hesistated spending cash for one, but since we didnt have dyno nearby and ability to tune bike, now after using it... i would spend that $$$ 2 or 3 times over again to get one. specially good for them as they could make shake down or licensing runs and need to know exactly which way to go with A/F. some make big difference, some dont. ive tried A/F as much as 13.9:1(lean but should make most power) and rich side from 11.8:1, and even 10.2:1 with nitrous(didnt realize that day on dyno that bike made 217 hp that between fuel and nitrous jets i was about 15-20% too rich. bike should not have netter additional 71 hp on nitrous being that rich)
but all this info can only help them. right now he says its on rich side(safe i know) but there is prolly big difference in safe and going say 187 mph and still being in safe range and getting additional 5-6 mph just by few changes to map.

i will tell u this with all stuff on my bike, the big brock pipe, bmc filter and such, loading zero map(basic stock FI system like u didnt have powercommander installed) and with that... my bike ran A/F in 11.8:1 which was about 10% too rich. saying that, when he puts pipe on his bike, i would bet that whatever map he loads into it, if he disconnects PC or loads zero map, bike will prolly run faster. i would bet most of those maps add fuel at 100% TPS, where living here, u actually prolly have to put in minus numbers to take away fuel throughout high end of rpm range at 100 Wide open throttle. Ill have to look at couple busa maps and see if they add or remove fuel. guess it will give me something to do. i do have muzzys and brocks map for zx14, so i can see what they do when adding muzzy sidewinder or brocks.

SRADkneedragger
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Well one of the nice things about Brocks is they will offer tuning support if you are running their equipment. The Power Commander we are running is tuned right now for the Brocks Ti and stainless Megaphone and we are running Yoshimuira slip-ons with a stock head pipe. So there is no doubt that we are way fat. There is quite a bit of power to be made by trying to get a leaner burn but I just don't think we could risk sticking a cylinder at 185+. So we will try to stay closer to Stoichiometric. There are still so many variables to look at that my head is spinning! Never mind trying to ride! I'll just stand back and wrench and let the "hired Gun" do the riding. HMMM sounds like someone else I know! Hired Gun that is
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-pLN4cI0Q
Get on the Bus ,Pay your Fare,then tell the Driver that your going to a DoubleDutch affair,,,,,,,

the DoubleDutch Bus is on the street you better kick off the Curb, Move your Feet!

LongR1
08-15-2008, 08:46 AM
problem is without Wideband or datalogger, or even dyno... u dont know where u stand on fueling. Yes Brocks gives support, talked to him many times,and even had him make custom map for me in this elevation. but his maps cant work every singleplace all way from florida to colorado and to california. just open up his map and see what numbers are in 100% column from 5-11500 rpms. should be mostly in 0 to -12s, but im betting that somewhere in middle rpms, it prolly is positive 20-30 and then goes down smaller figures up to redline. i agree u dont want to run it on edge of max power.... but u may be able to pick up some going tad leaner, or tad richer.... part of testing u need to do to find out what bike likes. like i said my fastest times at dragstip should be when bike is right at that egde of lean....but its not. actually likes to be little on rich side. tell ur sponsors one thing u need is wideband commander or even LM-1 datalogger. course that gives you more stuff to do and more info to read into.

Johnnycheese
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Well one of the nice things about Brocks is they will offer tuning support if you are running their equipment. The Power Commander we are running is tuned right now for the Brocks Ti and stainless Megaphone and we are running Yoshimuira slip-ons with a stock head pipe. So there is no doubt that we are way fat. There is quite a bit of power to be made by trying to get a leaner burn but I just don't think we could risk sticking a cylinder at 185+. So we will try to stay closer to Stoichiometric. There are still so many variables to look at that my head is spinning! Never mind trying to ride! I'll just stand back and wrench and let the "hired Gun" do the riding. HMMM sounds like someone else I know! Hired Gun that is
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-pLN4cI0Q
Get on the Bus ,Pay your Fare,then tell the Driver that your going to a DoubleDutch affair,,,,,,,

the DoubleDutch Bus is on the street you better kick off the Curb, Move your Feet!

no Brocks maps are not close to perfect.
and did you say you want to stay close to stocichiometric????

14.7:1????
you will melt something and have no power.
PS it is richer than 13.0:1 hint hint

Johnnycheese
08-15-2008, 01:28 PM
problem is without Wideband or datalogger, or even dyno... u dont know where u stand on fueling. Yes Brocks gives support, talked to him many times,and even had him make custom map for me in this elevation. but his maps cant work every singleplace all way from florida to colorado and to california. just open up his map and see what numbers are in 100% column from 5-11500 rpms. should be mostly in 0 to -12s, but im betting that somewhere in middle rpms, it prolly is positive 20-30 and then goes down smaller figures up to redline. i agree u dont want to run it on edge of max power.... but u may be able to pick up some going tad leaner, or tad richer.... part of testing u need to do to find out what bike likes. like i said my fastest times at dragstip should be when bike is right at that egde of lean....but its not. actually likes to be little on rich side. tell ur sponsors one thing u need is wideband commander or even LM-1 datalogger. course that gives you more stuff to do and more info to read into.

Dyno's work, it is the tuner that most of the time messes you up.

TWTim
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Speaking of which, has anyone heard as to whether or not Midland Powersports has their new dyno online yet?

SRADkneedragger
08-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I think the wideband would be a great way to go but at this point I still have a lot of tuning and work to do just to make a showing. I still need to change tires, istall new sprockets and chain, Mod the airbox, extend the swingarm, cut and install short gastank, seal ram air tubes then oil change and safety wire.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

LongR1
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
JC problem is we dont have dyno anywhere near here, thats up and operational yet, so getting tune locally means, using wideband and making ur own. plus air is so bad here that tune would melt piston if u went to houston or anyother place to run it. at strip my bikes run .5 quicker in Oklahoma,Dallas, or Houston than it does here.

do u still have old copper turbo busa? one u ran at TXshootout with?

Carl, doing all that requires a couple hours for normal people.....worst case u can drop it off with Marie and let her take it to work and do tires/chain sprockets.
but how are u going to tune?????????? plug check?? to give u example, my bike ran faster at track with zero map in it than it did with Brocks map here.

Johnnycheese
08-16-2008, 06:22 AM
yep still have old Coppertop.
it is down for getting ready for the mile.
I am going to try something different.
1507 with 13.8:1 compression and some Boost.

TWTim
08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
I am going to try something different. 1507 with 13.8:1 compression and some Boost.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

M38A1
08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
patiently waiting for the next chapter of this effort..... ;-)

TWTim
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
When I talked to Carl last, he was about to mod the airbox and begin modding the other fuel tank. I've been out of pocket for a week or two with work projects and live shows, so I haven't seen him in person.

Carl, Marie, any updates? :popcorn:

LongR1
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
nope, havent heard or seen him lately... working???? NAH that cant be it!!!! must be something else. or maybe warden took away personal computer use time in library again...... LOL... J/K CP. maybe he is getting his haircut...and still there.

Astroman
08-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Turbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_gXPCMUDw

TWTim
09-01-2008, 01:24 AM
Turbo

Wow, that video has 3.5 million views! Several hundred are probably mine! :lol2:

jhansen
09-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Turbo

Wow, that video has 3.5 million views! Several hundred are probably mine! :lol2:

Wrong song....AC/DC "Big Balls"...:eek2: :giveup:

Astroman
09-01-2008, 01:37 AM

Im never tired watch this guy doing wheelies at 180mph :rider: :trust:

SRADkneedragger
09-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Sorry! Sorry! busy busy. Marie just changed jobs and left FamilyPowerSports:doh: for a better paying job with WEEKENDS OFF!
I really hated to see her leave after 2 years there but we never had weekends off together only Sundays and that kind of puts a crimp in traveling riding playing. The new Company she works for Logisystems makes Electronic Vehicle Controllers, has paid holidays, gave her a weeks paid vacation her first year!
I have known the Owner for a few years and they are great people so Hopefully this will be a good deal in the long run at the very least it is a lateral move pay and benefit wise and a step up with weekends off and the ability to vacation any time of year.
Now back to the bike:
we have pretty much been rained out as I imagine everyone has so there hasn't been any testing or work done that time has been concentrated on getting the S10 pickup ready to sell and getting the F150 we bought to replace it Lowered( very important to has that cool stance). So hopefullly we can be back in step this coming week. In the meantime: We have a new Movie/Slideshow is there any way to host a PowerPoint presentation online like Photobucket?
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-01-2008, 07:45 AM
better hurry up less than 8 weeks

TWTim
09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, when's the next testing session, Carl? It'd been cool to get some footage of the 180 to 190 runs.

skychicken
09-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Stay away from Mr Turbo kits.

Here's everything you need to make your Hayabusa go 200 miles per hour:

http://www.mrturbo.com

http://www.muzzys.com/0007-00001/index.html

TWTim
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Stay away from Mr Turbo kits.

Seriously? There have been several guys out here who put Mr. Turbo kits on their 'Busas to impressive results.

Busafied
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Seriously? There have been several guys out here who put Mr. Turbo kits on their 'Busas to impressive results.

I believe he is just warning him of the limitations of a Mr Turbo kit.
RCC has no other matched support for their kits, hands down.

Richard's a down to earth, honest person who has more integrity in his little pinky than a whole slue of others out there pushing their crap.

Johnny are you ready yet?

I am assuming you Can tune the Microtechs, mine's a MT4.

I have a dongle and the software, need to turn up my boost some and rock my world again....:rider:

I have to figure out my MCXPress Mechanical Pump issue, it is no evacuating my oil correctly, causing issues.- therefore I am not running this fall.

GL SRAD and groupers :mrgreen:

Johnnycheese
09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
motor goes in the frame after Dr's. Appt today.
I can tune but need the software

SRADkneedragger
09-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Hello to all apologies for the lack of updates heres whats happened.
Marie got sick that cost 1 week, then she left her Job as Business Manager For FamilyPowerSports and took a job with a company that builds Electric Vehicle Controllers, then it started raining! Well as you might guess we are a little behind schedule.
But I did accomplish something on all of those rainy days, here's Maries new Video
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_RLBPKZfQ

M38A1
09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Glad to see progress being made, and videos too.:clap:

SRADkneedragger
09-14-2008, 12:37 AM
So as usual we have RAIN!:giveup: Give me a break! Sunday should be install day lets just hope the rain breaks enough to get started!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/Johnnycheese/zzx12.jpg

one done three more to go

SRADkneedragger
09-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey can we borrow a five gallon bucket of that HorsePower?
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

LongR1
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
wow.. must be nice shot of nitrous.. or second stage of turbo there JC. carl is right, weather not been good for much of anything last few weeks.

TWTim
09-14-2008, 06:11 PM
...here's Maries new Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_RLBPKZfQ

LOL. Hey, 120 is my limit with a fat hippie on the back! Amazingly, the ole' Rex was still pulling super hard. Kawasaki power! :lol2:

Great song, BTW. Reminds me of when I was a little kid.

http://www.youtube.com/v/vhigmNrfEsU&hl=en&fs=1

SRADkneedragger
09-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Well I got the Pipe Wrapped with heat shield, installed removed the Pair valve and installed the block offs but didn't finish with the safety wiring or the air tube mods so looks like that's tomorrow. The Brock's pipe sound great nice and growly just like a race bike should be. Pics and vids soon
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-15-2008, 05:50 AM
wow.. must be nice shot of nitrous.. or second stage of turbo there JC. carl is right, weather not been good for much of anything last few weeks.

That is a ZX12 with a decent shot.
I had to up it because there is a $1000.00 prize for a spray bike to go faster than 223.
and with 30 hp less he went 210.00 at Maxton and 203 a Tx.

SRADkneedragger
09-15-2008, 09:21 AM
WOW! All we want is 200mph all motor:giveup:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
09-15-2008, 08:52 PM
So roll her out put the Bus on the Swing arm Pivot lift
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010019.jpg

Hit the switch up we go!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010023.jpg

OK time to drop your laundry big girl!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010024.jpg

Lets go ahead and pull those slip-ons and restrictive stock head pipe
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010026.jpg

Well while we are here
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010031.jpg

lets go ahead and remove the pair valve and install these handy little block off plates
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010030.jpg

ONEhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010033.jpg

Two
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010034.jpg

OK I guess you catch the drift of where this is going.

Next it's time for some tasty Titanium Goodness! This is from our Good Friends at Brock's.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010036.jpg

Before we install it I wanted to wrap it with heat shield for 2 reasons #1 it is SUPPOSED to help evacuation in the cylinder by keeping the heat in the pipe. #2 I don't want to take a chance on melting any of the plastics.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010039.jpg

So I had my Professional pipe wrapper handle this nasty job. Halfway finished
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010040.jpg

Well this is about where we had to stop for the night the pipe is on the bike and snugged up but it was too dark for pics so there's more to come. Next up is sealing the ram air tubes to the airbox so we get ALL of the ram air effect.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
09-15-2008, 11:37 PM
That pipe-wrap does the job, but be aware that it'll shorten the life of your header. Also, don't get anywhere near the canister for a while after you ride.

Looks good, man. :thumb:

Gilk51
09-16-2008, 07:13 AM
That pipe-wrap does the job,

I don't know much about these performance upgrades - what is the pipe wrap for?

SRADkneedragger
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Basically it keeps the heat INSIDE the pipe which keeps the gases moving as opposed to bleeding heat through the pipe and slowing down.
As for the pipe life, Believe this, that pipe is coming off shortly after our return. I love the sound but I just don't care for the looks of Megaphone pipes and it is pretty loud, fine for a HotRod, as a matter of fact sounds great! Just a little too loud for a "TourBike" which is really what it was bought for.
SRAD

MORE monkey shines from my fellow workers I have to remember NOT to stay logged on here!
SRAD

Johnnycheese
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
header wrap= worthless

Tracker
09-16-2008, 10:17 PM
I thought this was a Hurricane Ike thread. :lol2:

X1Glider
09-16-2008, 10:50 PM
header wrap= worthless
Ditto. A nice ceramic coating like Jet-Hot or Hi Performance Coatings will not only protect the header material and look mighty nice, but will allow for faster expulsion of hot gasses...supposedly. In theory the finer surface finsh, appx. 4 micron, allows for that.

SRADkneedragger
09-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Not seeing the time or finances for that today!:doh:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
09-17-2008, 12:17 AM
header wrap= worthless

Not according to a significant number of tuners, including Sleepy Gomez:

"A gas at a higher temperature flows faster than one at a lower temperature because it has more energy. In an exhaust header, a higher flow rate can extract more leftover combustion waste and pull more fresh mixture into the combustion chamber. One way to increase the exhaust header heat is to wrap the header with a material designed to hold the heat in the pipe."

LongR1
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
i doubt u can watch any significant gains with or without header wrapped on dyno. most of time 2 runs wont be down to exact tenth of HP. so dont think header wrap matters much. it might help, might not. different tuners have different opinions. personally i would do ceramic coatings.. had it done on pipe while back and it was much cooler and looked awesome.

SRADkneedragger
09-17-2008, 12:35 PM
1 hp here .5 hp there another 2 hp here,,, pretty soon you see a significant increase.
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Not according to a significant number of tuners, including Sleepy Gomez:

"A gas at a higher temperature flows faster than one at a lower temperature because it has more energy. In an exhaust header, a higher flow rate can extract more leftover combustion waste and pull more fresh mixture into the combustion chamber. One way to increase the exhaust header heat is to wrap the header with a material designed to hold the heat in the pipe."

I can right stuff up too.
but.............. I know what works. and why would you buy a light weight pipe and add weigh:doh:

SRADkneedragger
09-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Because I like my pretty stock shiny blue fairings and don't want to take a chance on them getting those terrible bubly melty spots anywhere they are near the pipe. besides any weight we gain on pipe wrap I'll make up by throwing out Maries body armor!:eek2:
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
that is what heat tape is for:clap:

TWTim
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
why would you buy a light weight pipe and add weigh

That was my first and foremost question, but I didn't have any reference as to how much it weighs. I guess it's a bit girthy.

LongR1
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
not sure which pipe he has. think its brocks.. dont know if its street meg(SMEG) or sidewinder. either is lighter than stock.. tho dont know how much.. would guess in neighborhood of 15-25 lbs lighter. but weight on top speed bike is prolly not as crucial as having less weight say in dragbike. but depends if its on asphalt or like salt flats.

X1Glider
09-18-2008, 05:19 PM
You have to remember that header wraps were created to reduce "under hood" temps in race cars. The main benefit is if you reduce the under hood temp by even 50 degrees, you see gains in lower temps in your fuel lines, carb and intake manifold. The cooler intake charge reduces your chances of detonation allowing you to run a slightly more retarded ignition timing. If you can reduce it by 100 degrees even better. Keeping the paint on your hood from bubbling off is another bene. Driver comfort was probably another concern since race cars don't run A/C. Increasing heat in the header, in itself, doesn't create HP.

Higher heat in the pipe is not a good thing. All extra heat really does is fatigue the material and destroy it. You can deduce that the molecules are more excited with higher heat and are traveling faster but are the molecules flowing in the correct direction? There's a higher probablility that the molecules have created more turbulence. Turbulence reduces velocity.

What's most important in the game of HP is the timing of the negative pressure wave hitting the combustion chamber during valve overlap. This is what pulls in the intake charge at max velocity and increases volumetric efficiency. (Exhaust heat exits faster too.) More heat in the header is a byproduct of the increased VE. Heat in the header, on it's own, doesn't achieve this or even add to the HP equation. There have been many dyno runs over the years on wrap vs no wrap, even on my own LSR bikes, and never measured a difference.

When it comes to headers, the only things that matter are overall pipe length, pipe diameter and the number and diameter of the steps and lengths of those steps. That's a lot of R&D to build the right pipe for your purpose.

Ceramic coatings protect the header material. Header wrap protects your legs on some bikes, like v twins. On I-4s, header wrap reduces airflow to your radiators.

SRADkneedragger
09-18-2008, 07:14 PM
The two most important factors in regards to the header wrap are:
#1 I don't want my pretty plastic melted
#2 Long term effect to the pipe are irrelevant do to the fact that this pipe in on here ONLY for the Texas Mile and will off afterwards.
I prefer the looks of the two cans of the Yosh slip-ons and while this pipe sounds GOOD! It's too loud for Sport Touring and I don't think it will work with my saddlebags.
Wow is it Sunday yet? I'm ready for some more testing!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
09-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Hmmm let me wipe the egg off of SRAD's face. Wink
Turns out after some research the Brock's/ Hindle head pipe we are using isn't Titanium it's ULTRALIGHT Stainless Steel straight from the mans mouth at Brock's. Still this thing is stupid light!
anyway back to the action
We took a few of our Bikes to a small town bike show(about 10 bikes and 70 cars) The Heavy Bus won second place with no lowers!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010056.jpg
A lot of fun and people around.
Well I rode the Almighty and Fearsome Busa Killer today.
Our Friend Freddy Rambo loaned me his ProStreet ZX14 for a little test ride and, WOW! It is smooth, fast everywhere. It doesn't matter where you pin the throttle.....it has power! I was really impressed with how tractable it was not some big snarling Monster! Here's a few pics slammed stretched airshifter just good old fashioned straight line fun! Now I'm not really a Drag Racer but this thing was FUN!
You know, It's kind of cool being a GIRL Racer, I get all kinds of offers to ride cool stuff!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010090.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010091.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010094.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010096.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010097.jpg
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Tourmeister
09-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I predict you will be drag racing within a year or so... ;-)

SRADkneedragger
09-21-2008, 02:04 AM
The big problem with Drag Racing is that whether you like it or not there are 6 tracks within 2 hours(2 within 20 minutes!) and all of the Roadracing LSR Racing are 5 hours away.:doh:
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Gilk51
09-21-2008, 07:46 AM
You know, It's kind of cool being a GIRL Racer, I get all kinds of offers to ride cool stuff!

With all that dark blue on the Busa, there has to be a spot to decal in "Marie" somewhere... :zen:

SRADkneedragger
09-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Well I think things should be a little more firmed up by Monday on Sponsorship and we can start doing stickers. We are in Negotiations with 2 new Sponsors

Glare http://autopolish.net/default.asp
Extreme Busa's http://www.extremebusa.com/extreme/

so after Monday the stickers will most likely start going on. Which brings up an advance question,,, any ideas as to what to prep the paint with before hand to make them easier to remove afterwards or ideas for removing them laters?
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Tourmeister
09-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Just a good coat of wax?

TWTim
09-21-2008, 10:56 PM
There was a car and bike show this weekend in West Texas? Where?

SRADkneedragger
09-21-2008, 11:06 PM
There was a car and bike show this weekend in West Texas? Where?
Monahans!

Well Marie received an EMail this afternoon from Brock Davidson of Brock's Performance and looks like they are going to come on board as a Sponsor! This is still tentative but looks very favorable! As we are getting down to the last month I was getting a little panicked still looking at the finances involved to get us down to the wire with what we needed, but things are looking up!
I think we are really going to have to get the ball rolling pretty quick. I'm going to try and get the velocity stacks changed, the ramair tubes sealed to the airbox and get the airbox mods this week , so that hopefully in the next week or so we can try to get FamilyPowerSports San Angelo to give us a little dyno time.:trust:
Today I rode the Bus for the first time since the exhaust change and its still running way rich but now it wants to pull the front end almost without warning! I guess we are going to have to get swingarm extensions A.S.A.P.!
SRAD
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
09-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Monahans!

D'oh! We rode the wrong direction this weekend. :doh:

LongR1
09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
if u want stickers to stick and not come off at speeds... use some alcohol to prep area ur putting on. getting stickers off is not big problem.. its adhesive. if u put stickers on after waxing or honda polishing, they wont stick at high speeds. ur not gonna leave stickers on a long time or sitting out in sun.. so just make sure area is clean.

SRADkneedragger
09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Well we inked the deal with ExtremeBusa.com tonight and it's looking bigger than you would believe! Details to come. Also looks Gen Mar bar risers may come onboard! Tomorrow our local newspaper is sending a photographer out to snap some pics for a possible Lifestyles interest story!
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

TWTim
09-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Well we inked the deal with ExtremeBusa.com tonight and it's looking bigger than you would believe! Details to come. Also looks Gen Mar bar risers may come onboard! Tomorrow our local newspaper is sending a photographer out to snap some pics for a possible Lifestyles interest story!
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Great! :clap:

SRADkneedragger
09-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Just finished inking a Sponsorship Deal with Brock's Performance today looks like they are in with Adjustable Lowering Links and Power Commander Map Support! Super nice people to deal with, very helpful and very friendly. The Sponsorship deal with ExtremeBusa.com is pretty much finalized looks like they are going to provide wait for it,,,
wait,,,,

Swingarm Extensions, Crew Shirts, New ZZR chain, Graphics kit for the bike, new boots for Marie, and a back protector!

Just finished taking a call from Garret Baker Manager of the FamilyPowerSports store in San Angelo They are also going to provide us with Dyno time to make any corrections we need on the PC maps.

Glare and GenMar are still in the wings, but the closer we get the better things are looking!
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Tourmeister
09-23-2008, 04:16 PM
You guys are going to have to get Marie signed up here with her own account so it is not so confusing when reading your posts :-P

SRADkneedragger
09-23-2008, 04:31 PM
hahahahaha! pretty simple MY post's look like this and Carl's look like this:

Maybe I should post in a nice "Girly" color. I guess it's just easier for him because he leaves the P.C. logged into his account all the time
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Tourmeister
09-23-2008, 04:39 PM
By the way, congrats on all the new sponsors. That is really cool :clap:

SRADkneedragger
09-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Speaking of new Sponsors,,, We have a great offer on the table from some great people I should have some more info shortly!:clap:
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

donroger1
09-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Speaking of new Sponsors,,, We have a great offer on the table from some great people I should have some more info shortly!:clap:
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

I love it when "Carl's" posts show up in fuchsia...................:rofl:

It's very pretty, Marie.

SRADkneedragger
09-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Figured that would be the simplest way to dtermine who was posting me or her cause I'm way too lazy to keep logging in
SRAD

SRADkneedragger
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
To everyone following us

THANKS! thanks to everyone for all the support and advice so far!
This is how our weekend went down. Saturday night we went out to the Grand RE-opening of Penwell Drag Strip. This track opened in the 1960's(Before I was even thought about!) and made it up until about 2002ish before dying a humiliating death. A local Business man and close friend of ours has spent over $1 Mil Refurbishing and reopening the track. Plans were for the track to open in 09 but everyone found out and the Race was on!
10.5 cars, Southwest SuperChargers, Bikes, Pro-Stocks, Street Cars over 230 total! SRAD had planned on me making a few passes just for Sponsors pics etc, but it was so hectic and crowded we deciced this might not be the best time for Drag Racing preview from a first timer!
The Bike was already Teched and and ready to rock so when SRAD finally got a little break from helping with crowd control racer staging Announcing whatever he snuck out and made one pass against an 08 Busa.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010005a.jpg
He cut a HORRIBLE light, I think he was napping or something 1.80!

The bike is pretty much unlaunchable in 1st so he babied it out of the line below about 5K. Once he hit about 60ft he was in the gas and on the Tank, the Bus Ran a 10.80 not where we really wanted to be but hey we're not dragracers. After the lights is when the fun began. Right before they pulled the last round of Bikes a Pick-up had blown a gasket and watered the right lane.The Safety crew worked on it for about 30 minutes before they would let the bikes loose. Over the line at 125, when Srad rolled out and reached for brakes the Bus tried to swap ends 2 or 3 times. He never bothered to tell ME this for some reason, one of the other Riders wives told me.
Anyway that was the night into the Trailer and home. Sunday was out to meet the Reporter from the local Newspaper and gets some shots for a Newspaper interview some of our sponsors. The Photog wanted everything from working on the Bus to some High speed passes. I think he was pretty disapointed when SRAD explained that due to the short distance .8 mile we would be making pretty slow passes just for picks and bottom end acceleration.

Come ON! You know what I did right? SRAD led me on a few passes to show me the smoothest line and where the finish and where the O# $#!T was at.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010012a.jpg

after that he stepped out and turned me loose. I think the photog was expecting something else because when Dropped a 160MPH pass SRAD said he almost fell over backwards!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010022.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010018small.jpg
This is the first time I have Run the Bike at a Speed where I was going to have stop without a mile or 2 of roll out. I was a little panicky at first but the brakes hauled the Bus down fine.
I TRIED a few Drag launches but nothing I do will keep the front down and wheelies are NOT my thing!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010044.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010045.jpg
I am amazed at the amount of low end pull this thing has! I can't pin it in first and have to short shift into second just keep the front end down!
We have quite a bit of Video and a new Video is coming anyday now so just hold on a little longer.
Here's a few pics from the Sponsor shoot including my StreetBike an 07 GSXR750 with a two Brothers pipe.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010088.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010096-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010100.jpg

WE DO NOT RIDE
WITHOUT GEAR
NEITHER SHOULD
YOU!

Marie
Heavy Bus Racing[/COLOR]

SRADkneedragger
09-29-2008, 11:14 PM
CLICKY for Movie
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/th_P1010104.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/?action=view&current=P1010104.flv)
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

Johnnycheese
09-30-2008, 07:30 PM
tick tock
4 weeks and counting

SRADkneedragger
10-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Well I opened the MailBox today and SURPRISE!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/BROCKS.jpg
My Brock"s Lowering links arrived!

If you haven't had the Brocks Links in your hands check them out they are hands down better than the plain DogBone Lowering links. And as a Plus they have a little window on the side where you can actually see how far the link is still engaged!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010002.jpg
Thanks Brock and Rhonda!

I also got my MPS Kill switch rebuild kit in today super nice little piece of billet aluminum.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/MPS.jpg

When I talked to them about a problem we had( the wire pulled out) they explained that this had been a problem with much older units and sent out the rebuild stuff right away!
Thanks MPS!
Well We pulled the airbox to start the Airbox mod but ran out of daylight and didn't get finish so you are going to have to wait for those pictures till Thursday or Friday.
In the mean time please check out my new Website
HEAVYBUSRACING.com
Thanks to EXTREMEBUSA.com for building it for me! and here's a new video for you!
Marie Heavy Bus Racing
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i4.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/penwell.flv">
[URL=http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/?action=view&current=penwell.flv][IMG]http://i4.photo

SRADkneedragger
10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Well I opened the MailBox today and SURPRISE!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/BROCKS.jpg
My Brock"s Lowering links arrived!

If you haven't had the Brocks Links in your hands check them out they are hands down better than the plain DogBone Lowering links. And as a Plus they have a little window on the side where you can actually see how far the link is still engaged!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010002.jpg
Thanks Brock and Rhonda!

I also got my MPS Kill switch rebuild kit in today super nice little piece of billet aluminum.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/MPS.jpg

When I talked to them about a problem we had( the wire pulled out) they explained that this had been a problem with much older units and sent out the rebuild stuff right away!
Thanks MPS!
Well We pulled the airbox to start the Airbox mod but ran out of daylight and didn't get finish so you are going to have to wait for those pictures till Thursday or Friday.
In the mean time please check out my new Website
HEAVYBUSRACING.com
Thanks to EXTREMEBUSA.com for building it for me! and here's a new video for you!
Marie Heavy Bus Racing

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/?action=view&current=penwell.flv

SRADkneedragger
10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Well here we go. Small AirBox Mod with a little help
A little help meaning SRAD layed out the tools picked them up wiped them off and checked them against the inventory list before returning them to the tool box/bag. He's picky as heck about tools but he won't wash dishes?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w6.jpg
off with the seat,
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w5.jpg
up with the tank
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w4.jpg
I almost never found the Tank prop rod! Suzuki hides it in the trunk! Who knew?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w2.jpg
NO BLONDE JOKES!
Undo a few plugs and Out comes the airbox
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w7.jpg
Well It comes out pretty easy undo the 2 clamps and one bolt then unplug the sensors. Stuff some rags in there because who knows when we will be putting it all back. Done for the Night and into the Trailer.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/w.jpg

OK it's Thursday afternoon and time to attack the Airbox!
BEFORE
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/9-1.jpg
OK now I'm Pissed! #1 SRAD didn't tell me what a pain this was going to be! He just said"Your hands are smaller"
I was all ready to start when he pointed out that I didn't have safety glasses on!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/8-1.jpg
Well here goes nothing!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/5-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/4-1.jpg

OOOHHHH! Thats UGLY! There just isn't room for a regular Die Grinder in thee and of course the cool one with the right angle head died about 10 seconds before we started! So I just chopped out what I could.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/3-1.jpg

Next SRAD gave me some cool little rotary rasps/files that he scored at Harbor Freight for $4 so I cleaned up the edges real nice
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/2-1.jpg
What I didn't know is the plastic shavings burn like heck! And It slings the little pieces everywhere in your hair down your shirt everywhere! Next thing was to take a razor knife and trim the burs. Next I got some Scotchbrite pad and smoothed it all out.
Last thing was to take an airhose and blow all of the gunk out. Man that was even worse it went EVERYWHERE AGAIN! Somehow SRAD is finding alot of humor in all of this I just don't see!
OH SRAD did help he took a piece of the flapper and trimmed i to fit on the bottom of the Airbox and glued it on with some 3M Emblem adhesive. Note to self be careful this stuff gets on everything too!
So thats about it. See everyone laters
Marie
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
10-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Airbox is back on the bike and everything is hooked up and ready to roll we did remove the stock airbox ramair tube seals with some thicker heavier closed cell foam. These seals blowing out and leaking air at high speeds is a problem with the thicker heavier foam it will stay in place even under high pressure. The thickness is about 3 X that of stock and makes RE-installation pretty difficult but should NOT have a problem with air leaks at speed. We leave here Saturday morning to drive to Family PowerSports in San Angelo for Dyno Tuning and should be there off and on for the better part of the day. Anyone that is in the area and wants to come by Come on down I'm buying drinks!(cokes)just go to FamilyPowerSports.com if you need directions.
Carl
Heavy Bus Racing

SRADkneedragger
10-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Well we Showed up at FamilyPowerSports in San Angelo around 11am with both bikes, the Heavy Bus and my 07GSXR-750. The Bus headed for Dyno time and my GSXR headed for an oil change and service.
The Service Manager Steven met us and introduced us to his Dyno Tech.
This is Fletch. Would you trust this guy with YOUR baby?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/1-2.jpg

Fletcher was very cool and took the time to talk to us about everything and ask some questions about our particular set up. Showing me about the USB connections exhaust sensors etc etc.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/8-3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/4-2.jpg

"Say has anyone seen my Flux Capacitor?"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/2-2.jpg

OK we ran into a problem right here. Seems the Brock's Street Megaphone is right where the tie down straps to the Dyno on the Right Side. SRAD came to the rescue with a folded Red Rag between the pipe and the tiedown, more on that latters.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/3-2.jpg

I left for a bathroom break and returned by surprise to find Steven and Fletcher doing? all I could hear was " MUUUUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
When I said hey guys whats up it was all serious again!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/5-2.jpg

SRADkneedragger
10-05-2008, 01:41 AM
Hey Look! Bus in A FishBowl! It's kind of like one of those Zoo exhibits with some rare and exotic animal behind glass!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/7-1.jpg

OK time to go! Fletcher lets the Bus warm up and then make 3 runs to establish a Baseline.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/9-2.jpg

Man I just thought the Brock's system was loud riding. You get that bad boy inside the Dyno room in the Service area in the back of the Building and you can STILL here the Dyno pulls out in the sale floor!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/11-1.jpg

Well as SRAD said on the way down this morning be prepared for "Dyno Shock". I asked what that was and he basically said when the seat of the pants Dyno and the Actual Dyno meet up on paper there are usually some big disappointments.
This was no different I was thinking 165ish 170ish.
Well the numbers don't lie

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/Baseline.jpg

HorsePower 154.92
Max Torque 90.33
A little disapointing! SRAD took a look at the numbers and didn't seem too concerned except that he wanted it "Fat/Rich" on the big end due to the ramair and not wanting to stick the motor with a lean condition.
OK back outside and time for some more tuning.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/6-2.jpg

So things were going really well up to this point and Fletcher was really cool about everything Steven and the Shop guys are hanging around wanting HP numbers ,,,

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/13-1.jpg

AND THEN IT HAPPENED!

Johnnycheese
10-05-2008, 07:46 AM
numbers do lie.
and I hope that graph wasn't after they were done.
I have a question all those pics of the dyno................. where do they get air so the bike can burn it?

SRADkneedragger
10-05-2008, 12:20 PM
numbers do lie.
and I hope that graph wasn't after they were done.
I have a question all those pics of the dyno................. where do they get air so the bike can burn it?
OK I wasn't sure what you meant so I asked Carl. His Reply
"Johnny your absolutely right they use a huge air mover fan to evacuate the room but what the bike is breathing is basically what comes in through the AC and what pulls back over the air mover from the shop area. So in effect what your asking is what I have suspected all along and that is that there is no "CLEAN" air for the motor to breathe. I'm sure that being the case it would skew the numbers simply due to the fact that the motor is breathing used oxygen depleted air"

OK I wasn't sure what you meant so I asked Carl. His Reply[/COLOR]
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

So everyone is still waiting ? Well I got up started some laundry and then made Bacon eggs and toast for SRAD's Breakf,,,,,oh not interested? OK no more teasing lets get to it.

FIRE! FIRE!

Holy crap! I just happened to look down just about the time SRAD came around to the window and I could see this bright light flashing in front of the motor! At first everyone thought the smoke was from the header wrap heating up and curing because it stinks real bad and smokes quite a bit till it "cures" but as you can see this was a LOT of smoke!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/14-1.jpg

[COLOR="Magenta"]SRAD runs into the DYNO room and starts yelling FIRE! and pointing at the bike.
Fletcher is calm cool and aborts the run and starts looking for some water to throw in there. SRAD starts ripping off bodywork like a madman on the left side.
The light is BRIGHT and flashes almost like a welder!
Well as it turns out all is well. The Brock's pipe has springs to hold the header tubes to the head flanges and the springs have a little black rubber looking sleeve around them this is what was burning

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/15-1.jpg

]SRAD thought it was a combination of something being dirty when he was handling the spring(oil/fuel/cleaner on his hands) and the high pressure cooling fans pushing high speed high volume air straight onto the burning piece.
As you can see I was quite relieved to find out it was nothing big![/COLOR

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/16-1.jpg

[COLOR="Magenta"]Man this thing gets naked more than a Stripper when rent is due! With the lowers off Fletcher went back to tuning. The bike had a few places where the fueling was low and it didn't want to idle. Fletcher tuned that out and fattened things up a little but for the most part the Brock's map was right on the money!
Well a friend of mine who works at FamilyPowerSports showed up for lunch, this is Charati

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/17-1.jpg

Well like I said earlier theres no where in the building that you can't hear this thing Dynoing and that draws the guys almost as much as 2 girls in a bike shop! 2 girls and Dyno runs? Here come the guys!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/18-1.jpg

"uh huh, yep, yeah OK, uh huh sure" Ah the guys were all very nice and helpful, maybe just a little surprised when they found out I am the RIDER and SRAD is the tuner! hahahahah Silly Boys! Fast Bikes are for Girls too!

SRADkneedragger
10-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Well that was about time for lunch before I passed out. So went across the street to Olive Garden and had Lunch. Just as we were showing up our friends from Odessa showed they had ridden down to see the Dyno tuning.
Micheal says" WOW I guess you know about the fire?" I said yeah it was a spring cover thingy next to the head.
He says " Uh no, the OTHER fire"
OMG! WHAT!?
Well go back to the start remember the story about the tiedown running across the Brock's Megaphone and SRAD stuck a redrag between there? Well THAT redrag caught fire! No biggie it just melted some gunk and discolored the pipe(Fletcher was in a panic about it because he thought we would be mad) no big deal.
So after all the runs setup tuning and 2 near heart attacks, where did the numbers fall?
Before

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/Baseline.jpg

After

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/AfterTune.jpg

Crunching the numbers best of each before and after comes out with

.22 HP increase
and
.48 Torque increase
So 1/4 horse, and 1/2 ftlb mor torque.
Averaged out over the 3 runs before and after makes a little better looking numbers looks like this
Average HP over 3 baseline runs: 154.15
Average HP over 3 tuned runs : 155.113
Total AVERAGE increase .963 or about 1 HP

The Torque story
average Torque over 3 Baseline runs: 89.76
average Torque over 3 tuned runs: 90.59
Total AVERAGE increase .83 or about 3/4 ftlb of torque.
Now all of the number crunching was SRAD because I still don't have my head around Torque HP is easy to understand but Torque= grunt?

I want to thank Steven athe Service Manager and Garret the Store Manager and Fletcher the tuner for helping us with this Dyno tuning typically runs about $350 in their store and they Sponsored us for the runs!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/19-2.jpg

Fletcher showed us the side by side tuning maps and torque curves and SRAD was pretty happy with the results plus now the bike like to idle again. Hopefully today we will get to do a few runs and see where we are at topspeed so hang around.
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

Johnnycheese
10-05-2008, 04:35 PM
there is not enough air in the room to tune

SRADkneedragger
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Made the Newspaper today!
OK lets stop for a minute here and have a little talk first.
Obviously I'm doing this because I enjoy it(Racing Motorcycles) and that is our first priority fast SAFE fun.
Next on that list is Promoting a positive role model for Women and Girls. Ladies if you want to do don't let anyone stand in your way you can do anything your heart desires(and NO I am NOT some rabid bra burning Feminist, I'm a Girly girl I just think I should be able to race Bikes if I want).
Number three I hope that what we are doing here will help bring a positive light on Motorcycling and Motorcyclists in general.
Lastly We are hoping to take you along on this adventure with us. We spend alot of time shooting pics and typing so you can come along on the ride with us. Hope you are enjoying it.

Now having said this, One of the Companies we talked to had a lady who worked part time at the Local Newspaper and she felt like what we were doing would be a good Lifestyles story. So SRAD met with the Reporter and discussed many things the most important being a positive overtone for Motorcycling and Motorcycle Racing. Srad even went as far as to secure the Local DragStrip for the photo sessions so that all of the pics would depict practice on a closed circuit not a public road.
Having said all of this I feel like the article was a positive piece of Newsprint for Motorcycling If your interested take a look here.

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/mph_21545___article.html/peterson_marie.html

Marie
http://heavybusracing.com/

LongR1
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Shinko will hurt HP numbers on dyno. its heavy and sticky so its not best tire for real figures. prolly robs 3-5 hp...sure JC can tell u how much it effect dyno. still best thing I ever did was buy wideband commander to log and tune myself. it would prolly help u guys out alot getting A/F u need at top speeds testing with it. i know there pricey, and held off for long time...but now having it... if i had to start over with new bike, it would be one of first purchases that i made. from dragracing stand point, the air in San Angelo is much better than here. normally bikes/cars run .2 faster there than here. but prolly be close to elevation and such at Goliad. least closer than we are here.

SRADkneedragger
10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
there is still a lot of room for improvements and hopefully most or all of our Sponsors will stay with s for next years Texas Mile
SRAD
HeavyBusracing.com

sethfrancis83
10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey,
Just wanted to jump on your thread and say "hey". I'm the guy near Dallas with the dyno.
First off, please go through the 100% throttle and add about 5-7% more fuel. If you are turning that RPM for a mile, then the air fuel is too lean IMHO. WOT on a bike needs to be about 12.5:1. I always tune them to that. Fuel is not what creates horsepower. Fuel is simply the catalyst to cause the combustion event and it's there to pull heat out of the cylinder. The leaner it runs, the hotter the cylinder walls, pistons, head, valves, manifold, and everything else. No need for a melt down.

Also, the ram air effect of the bike will inevitably make it run leaner on the road, so some kind of a fuel safety net would help.

This is just one professional to another.
Seth
p.s. good luck with the event! I wish I could go and watch you run! We should tell my girlfriend to move her birthday to next month! :)

SRADkneedragger
10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Seth there has been so much "Dyno" Discussion we may have no choice but to try and drive up to see you between now and the Texas Mile. I appreciate your offer to tune the Bike and that still may have to happen.
Carl
HeavyBusRacing.com

sethfrancis83
10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds good to me! I'm up for tuning just about anything. Remeber what I was telling you about my dyno reading "low" on average it reads about 12%-17% lower that a dynojet. BUT... I have put my business partners -factory- GSX-R750 on mine and we made 150.4HP ... Something doesn't add up for your bike to make only 155 wheel ponies. Also, I thought that Busa's revved to 11,500 is it only 10,500 ?

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
OKAY!
I'm Baaack!
Well I guess Life is what happens when your not Racing.
We got the Bike out and the very first thing I noticed was that the swingarm spools had been used on MY GSXR750 for the Photoshoot we did with the local Newspaper ( )
So lets get them back on the Bus.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010013.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010014.jpg
Get it up on the Swingarm stand. uhhhm wellll errrr
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010018.jpg

OK maybe I need a little help with this one! You Men are good for all kinds of things! Here's just one!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010019-1.jpg
Well as soon as we got the bike off the ground the first thing a brief check reveals is torn header wrap from the last time we unloaded it drug on the ramp.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010052.jpg
So its time to repair that and wrap it a little farther back.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010051.jpg
OK got that out of the way lets take a look at the ram air tubes!

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Okay this is kind of backwards I did the air box seals first but didn't get pics. So,
First thing was to get frame rails and air tubes nice and clear for that I used glass cleaner and a washcloth.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010022.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010023.jpg
I THOUGHT this was going to be a quick 15 minute job, until I started.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010025.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010026.jpg
It seems there are some places you just can't get to!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010028.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010027.jpg

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010031-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010034-1.jpg
OK lets smooth the bead out a little so it looks nice( yeah I know I should wear some gloves)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010038.jpg

OK here's the backwards part. I had already done the airbox to frame seals, but I'm putting that in here.
When the airbox came out to be modded the seals to the frame are just thin weatherstriping like around your house door!
So I went to a local gasket service and took my airbox and showed them what I needed.
It's amazing what a wink and a smile gets you! They took me in the back for a look around and let me shop through what they had. They GAVE me a piece of Closed Cell Foam to use. FREE!HA! Beats paying like$30 on the net for some!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010043.jpg
Oh yeah thats Heidi the baby, she thinks she has to help with everything.
Here's a pic of the seals installed again SORRY I didn't take pics!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010039-1.jpg
This stuff is very stiff and as a bonus has a sticky side.
Here's what I did:
1st draw outside pattern from airduct on the foam
2nd get one of those razor knifes that has the long blade that you snap off the ends when they get dull(it has grooves down the blade and when the tip gets dull you just snap off the end and slide it out farther). It has to be the big one! Trust me DON't try to use the little one!
OK take the blade out and wrap it with duct tape to make a handle
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/knife.jpg
Take your time and be VERY CAREFUL! This thing will remove fingers with a quickness!
Next cut out the center it doesn't have to be perfect.
Next after I had the seal cut close to shape I took my Dremel tool and a sander drum and smoothed everything down and shaped it right to the same inside diameter as the tube to the airbox. The sanding part is a mess and best to do it outside!
Once that was done just peel the tape off and stick it on! Because the Closed Cell Foam is thicker and stiffer it makes it much more difficult to get the airbox back installed but in the end I think it should work great.

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Saturday was REALLY busy we had about a zillion things to do and didn't get to most but,
My Dad is a professional Photographer and does sports, porttraits,ads etcetc.
So I asked him about doing some shots for my Sponsors that they could use in ads whatever, so saturday afternoon and Saturday nite we did pics. Here are a few SRAD Snuck over Dads Shoulder while he was shooting. Hope you like them
Marie

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010058.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010070.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010074.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010079.jpg
My Favorite
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010087-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010088-1.jpg

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 03:53 PM
A few more
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010095.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010112.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010115.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010122.jpg
Marie

jhansen
10-12-2008, 07:07 PM
So, are there heavybusracing T-shirts? or did I miss that post? :clap:

SRADkneedragger
10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010032-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/CopyofP1010019.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010004.jpg
These shirts are actually from one of our Sponsors
EXTREMEBUSA.com and pretty cool huh!
We had talked about doing some T-Shirts with a pic and "I helped the Bus get to 200MPH" but time is so tight now just 13 days I don't know how we could pull it off unless we do something with CafePress which is doable if there is enough interest
Marie

SRADkneedragger
10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Well my best friend Tanya came by today(her big mistake!) I drafted her to help me out with the GenMar Handlebar Risers. This will allow us to drop the front of the Bus by sliding the forks up through the clamps, which I'll do laters first I have to get the Lowering links in and find a stock kickstand I can cut off. Any one have a spare laying around?
So as you might have guessed I STILL can't get the Heavy Bus on the stand by myself.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010007.jpg
Some cool new shirts showed up from Brock's Performance so you know we had to try them on.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010008.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010003.jpg
HEY! WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT!?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010005.jpg
So lets get started installing the GenMar handlebar Risers.
First off you better cover the tank with something. IF you do you won't drop a thing, if you don't well you know
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010011.jpg
If there is a way to get these things out somebody tell me! they just wouldn't come out!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010012.jpg

SRADkneedragger
10-13-2008, 10:10 PM
No matter where you sit stand crouch down there's just no way to get 2 hands on this deal. Wrench on the bottom allen wrench on the top and they are stupid tight!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010013-1.jpg
Bars finally off! and spacer on!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010014-1.jpg
here's a little closer look see'
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010015.jpg
The bars go back on top and NEW bolts go in.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010016-1.jpg
Yeah O.K. It was a blonde moment I put all four bolts in but they were too short! I tried wiggling everything and pushing the rubbers up from the bottom then I realized I was using the stock bolts! Well DUH! So I got the new LONGER ONES.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010017.jpg
If you look from the side you can see just how much it raised the bars.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010019-2.jpg

SRADkneedragger
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
OK it's time to pimp the Sponsors! Check it out George from EXTREMEBUSA.com really threw down the Package. A case of Synthetic Oil, a couple of filters, a new chain, some sprockets, new brake pads,
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010020.jpg
Thats pretty nice but I also needed a new set of boots mine were pretty whipped So George sent me some new AlpineStars Stella Boots!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010025-1.jpg
I didn't ask but George did, do you need a back Protector? Well as a matter of fact I don't have one well I do now!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010023-2.jpg
Just a few quick pics
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010027-1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010028-2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/ns50r/200MPH/P1010029-1.jpg

OK I want to stop here for a second and tell everyone something
THANKS!
Big George and everyone at EXTREMEBUSA.com thanks for backing me on this ride!
Thanks to Brock's Performance, FamilyPowerSports, GenMar and the Lightfoots!
When we started we didn't realize just how much work and expense this would turn out to be. I would have NEVER gotten this far without everyones help! When I say everyone I mean YOU!
Marie

SRADkneedragger
10-14-2008, 08:51 PM
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
STOP RAINING!!!
I have tons of work and I need to test!
Someone to the NORaindance!
On the parts front Goodies came in today bolts bushings etc for the seat mount and 2 short factory velocity stacks, so we have to pull the airbox and install them sometime between now and the races. Did I mention installing sprockets and chain, brakes, changing fuel(draining the tank) go to pick up some 87 octane oxygenated fuel mount and balance new tires upholster the seat pan,,,, the list drags on and on and on,,,
Marie

M38A1
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
the list drags on and on and on,,,
Marie

You don't eat the elephant in one sitting. Just lots of little bites and I'm enjoying every little meal you provide us along the way. Keep it up and you'll have the 200+ in no time.

SRADkneedragger
10-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Well these words have come out a few times in whispered toneswhat if we don't make 200mph?
As SRAD has said over and over again I think All of our Sponsors will follow us again next year and lets be realistic for just one second, IF 200MPH was that easy everyone would be doing it!
But then again I sure will be nice to see the double ton!
IF 200MPH is good for a red ballcap whats 195MPH get you? a pink one?hahahahahah:clap:
I just feel like we are getting awfully close with alot of work to still do
Marie

rogerlee
10-15-2008, 01:49 AM

rogerlee
10-15-2008, 01:54 AM
We should be testing sunday at the "secret test facility" . Hope to see you guys there. And good luck with the mile.

SRADkneedragger
10-15-2008, 08:44 AM
We had planned on testing last Sunday but with it misting on and off all day I just didn't feel comfortable. By this Sunday we should have velocity stacks installed and new tires and gearing + MPS kill switch the bike should be lowered also so I should be able to use more of 1st gear. Hopefully we will get the Brock's lowering Links installed tonight IF the weather is clear.
See you at the "Top Secret Testing facility"
Marie
HeavyBus Racing

TWTim
10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
We should be testing sunday at the "secret test facility" . Hope to see you guys there. And good luck with the mile.

Rodger! Finally! Welcome to TWT, man. I thought you'd never get here! :clap:

BTW, I'll be there for the testing.

SRADkneedragger
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah might be a good idea to bring your gps, I'll bring my new one and Von can bring his. MAYBE after Rodger sees 3 GPS readings he might believe the sppeds!hahahahaha:giveup: :rofl:
SRAD
HeavyBusRacing.com

TWTim
10-15-2008, 10:28 AM
LOL. :lol2: Will do.