• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tom "Desert Skies" Lowry, Santa Fe, TX

Tom

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lowry
One of my two rides. This one is getting most of my attention at the moment.

112_1280_800.jpg

Hey, someone on this forum thats close to my neck of the woods. I like the pic, is that the old blimp base?

jeffie foo-foo said:
Welcome! I dig the avatar and signature (they are related :-) ).

How's the new GS treating ya?

Thanks, yea, they're related, great stuff. The new GS has been fine, left me in the Hill Country in January but did fine on a ride to Big Bend last month.

190 Octane said:
Hey, someone on this forum thats close to my neck of the woods. I like the pic, is that the old blimp base?

Cool, got another GS bud (rode to Big Bend with me) that lives in Alvin. The pic is an old hotel foundation on Surf Side a few miles from San Louis Pass.

Desert Skies said:
jeffie foo-foo said:
The new GS has been fine, left me in the Hill Country in January but did fine on a ride to Big Bend last month.

Welcome!

Yoiks, what was the problem with your bike, electrical?

I really like the feel of the new GS when I sit on it at Lone Star in Austin, but the almost daily reports of troubles with various models, old and new, gives me serious pause (shyah, like I have the bucks for one anyway :-) ).

Glad it's all sorted out...

Wow Alvin/Santa fe is where I grew up, welcome to the site.

I seem to remember a large structure down on surfside close to the pass back in the 70's or early 80's, I wonder if that's it and all that's left of it?

I love looking over old stuff like that, like the old gun turrets on Galvestonback before they filled em in, and a few other old spots in the area.

buck000 said:
Yoiks, what was the problem with your bike, electrical?

The fuel pump control module went titts-up. It had a pinched wire from installation. Sure don't give me the warm fuzzies about riding this techno beast too far off the beaten path by myself.

Headed to the Hill Country this morning, this time with the SO and the Texas Black Bird (the other woman) ;-)
Tom.jpg

Dyna Sport said:
Wow Alvin/Santa fe is where I grew up, welcome to the site.

I seem to remember a large structure down on surfside close to the pass back in the 70's or early 80's, I wonder if that's it and all that's left of it?

I love looking over old stuff like that, like the old gun turrets on Galvestonback before they filled em in, and a few other old spots in the area.

Yea, and the fore mentioned Blimp Base in Hitchcock.

Back