• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Olympia Airglide Jackets w/evap cooling vests

Reaction score
Created a new thread as I have commented in both the threads that had
titles of Airglide pants and cooling vests. We are on a weeks vacation and now on the return trip. We left last week wearing new olympia airglide 2's in the hi-vis neon yellow.
The temps out of Ft Worth were mid 70's and upon reaching Amarillo it was low 90's. The jackets are very cool while moving. Its my guess its up to the person as to what their own heat threshold tolerance is. Mine is about 95.

The hottest part of the ride so far was from Amarillo to Dumas where we donned the miracool vests and were completely cool from there to our destination in Lamar Co. The rest to the trip the jacketswere all the cooling we needed. Tomorrow we leave western ks. for Ft Worth.

Most likely will wear the vests from midday on. Its 102 at our location right now. Anyway long story short this combination of mesh and evap cooling vests has worked very well.

Our trip has taken us from Fort Worth, Amarillo, Denver, Cheyenne Wy, then Rapid City (Mt Rushmore) and the CrazyHorse monument. There were lots of things We should have went to see but time constraints limited what we could do.
Will post a few of the better pics when we get home tomorrow. The wing
was loaded pretty heavy and since it was our first trip above 1k in length
will have to change some ways we travel and pack. Its a learning process
I know.
Regards to everyone on the board and I really enjoy those that post about
their own trips.
David

Back