• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hayabandit

Reaction score
HayaBandit.jpg

I have a Hayabusa headlight behind my desk, a spare Bandit fairing at home and a damaged Hayabusa fairing on its way to me. This (above, left) could be the result. IMO it looks far better than the stock headlight - what do you reckon? (It's a poor photoshop effort but the headlight is to scale).

Doing it wouldn't be quite as easy, though, because the Busa light is designed to lay back at more of a shallow angle than the Bandit one so fairly major plastic surgery would be required. I like a challenge :trust:

The same plastic surgery would include provision for mounting GSXR mirrors (which mount at a completely different angle) with integrated turn signals and removing the mounts for the stock turn signals.

Then there's the GSXR600 K7 tail unit sitting in the garage....waiting.....

All I need is time :rider:

Looks like a Kawi' Versa. I actually like the stocker much better, but styling is an area where you gotta' do what YOU like!

Plus, you're used to seeing a lot of models that we don't even get, so our mental images are skewed!:mrgreen:

It reminds me of the stock fairing on the GSX650F, actually. I like it, but I wonder if it might be easier to adapt the 650F fairing to the Bandit. The instrument cluster would be a little work, though.

Ed.

I personally don't think it looks better at all, but more power to you. :rider:

I think the Bandit is a bit bland - it doesn't stand out in any way visually. Suzuki probably didn't mean it to. This kind of thing is just feeding my urge to create something different, presumably in the same way that your billet parts do for you. In objective terms you're probably right - it's not better (not that aesthetics can really be judged objectively) but from my point of view different is better in itself and that's enough reason to spend happy hours in the garage.

Oh, and it'll make the bike faster - these headlights will do 180mph, you know :rofl: Seriously, though, the Bandit headlight isn't exactly the last word in effective illumination - the projector main beam should make a big difference riding at night.

Maybe it won't work out but I'll have fun trying.

It reminds me of the stock fairing on the GSX650F, actually. I like it, but I wonder if it might be easier to adapt the 650F fairing to the Bandit. The instrument cluster would be a little work, though.

That was my first idea - to use a 650F fairing, headlight (same as GSXR headlight) and subframe. The subframe would bolt straight on because the 650F frame is the same as the 650 Bandit which is the same as the 1250 Bandit. But that would (a) be making my bike look just like a different standard model, and (b) not give as much weather protection for touring as the stock Bandit fairing gives.

I did investigate this a bit - the 650F top fairing wouldn't look good on its own so I'd need the lower fairings too, but these would need cutting to clear the 1250 motor. And I don't want a fully-faired bike.

Because the 650F uses GSXR clocks that much would be a problem as you say, but not an insurmountable one.

I'm sure someone will do this to a 1250 eventually, but it won't be me.

You're right about the Bandit not being a visual stand-out. Some of that may be due to the styling of the bodywork, but I would attribute most of this to a subdued paint scheme. Paint some Gixxer stripes on the bike and notice how much more attention you get from the police.:lol2:

I look at things with an eye towards making changes all the time, but I rarely do anything. I've observed that it's quite possible to spend a whole lot of time and money and not make any substantial difference while reducing the resale value significantly.

So I've come to the conclusion that the best way to get something different is to simply buy another bike.

But hey, if you've got the headlight and the fairings have a go at it! You could always put it back to stock.

Ed.

I, for one, look forward to seeing this project...I think it's interesting and could turn out to be quite cool :cool2:

The thread title made me think of the Kawabusa...
kawaII1_Custom_.jpg

:mrgreen:

But hey, if you've got the headlight and the fairings have a go at it! You could always put it back to stock.

I started collecting a spare set of painted panels for the bike with the intention of storing the originals (to re-fit if/when I sell the bike) and getting the spare set painted in something a bit more interesting than the blue/black we get offered here. I now have a complete spare set (front mudguard, main fairing, tank, tail section - all bought very cheap off eBay) but before I get them painted I thought it would be good to make my mark on them first. All of the messing around I do will be with the spare panels - I dislike irreversible modifications and I don't plan on doing anything that can't be 'undone' with original parts. If it all goes pear-shaped the headlight and two fairings (Busa and Bandit) stand me at less than £60 all in so I'm not risking much.

ZUCATI ?? Suzukijo could sure use that extra fairing ! If he ends up repairing it himself i could possibly donate the rear grab rail, already color matched if needed.

ZUCATI ?? Suzukijo could sure use that extra fairing ! If he ends up repairing it himself i could possibly donate the rear grab rail, already color matched if needed.
With sproggy being in the UK, it'd probably cost more to ship it to CA then find a used one on eBay...

I also am pissed Kawasaki still offers the ZRX 1200 in other parts of the world but not here.

There can't be many countries where a carb-fed bike meets emissions regs. It's not available here any more either so I guess nowhere else in Europe either.

I like it. Go for it and keep us updated with pics.

The ZRX is nearly dead. I think Oz and Japan are the only remaining markets. 08 is said to be the last year for everyone. Of course, there is a great deal of speculation that Kawi is working on a ZRX1400R. Wouldn't that be the bomb...
http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/zrx1200r/index.jsp

And another chop for your amusement.
ZRX1400R.jpg

HayaBandit.jpg

I have a Hayabusa headlight behind my desk, a spare Bandit fairing at home and a damaged Hayabusa fairing on its way to me. This (above, left) could be the result. IMO it looks far better than the stock headlight - what do you reckon? (It's a poor photoshop effort but the headlight is to scale).

Doing it wouldn't be quite as easy, though, because the Busa light is designed to lay back at more of a shallow angle than the Bandit one so fairly major plastic surgery would be required. I like a challenge :trust:

The same plastic surgery would include provision for mounting GSXR mirrors (which mount at a completely different angle) with integrated turn signals and removing the mounts for the stock turn signals.

Then there's the GSXR600 K7 tail unit sitting in the garage....waiting.....

All I need is time :rider:

I like it go for it!!! I bet it cuts through the wind better with that pointy nose.

Todd

I say go for it, my friend. While it does somewhat resemble the GSX650, the subtle differences will really stand out when you are amongst actual GSX650s and othe Bandits. Please keep us posted on the progress as I know many of us are always interested in the inherent coolness of someone taking an original idea to personalize their bike then putting in the work to bring that idea to fruition.

The real question is, When you hit light speed with the Hayabandit light, if you turn on your high beams will the time space continuum rip?

Would definitely be different looking. Personally I like the stocker cause it reminds me of one of those aliens from the movie aliens head.

OK finally got home to look at the pic(some pics blocked at work some are not don't know why)
Looks great! DO IT! I think the one draw back to the motorcycle world is the limited number of customs that dare to change the stock bodywork. Plus I think it just looks great good luck'
SRAD

I think it WILL look nice when sitting next to other GSX650's...

Good pic of the GSX:
2016622_1.jpg

Your pic:
HayaBandit.jpg

But, I think the new Bandit front end is handsome just as it is, as well.

I just had to show your side-by-side pics to my wife, sproggy. Why? Because she never cared for the look of the front of the Bandit. "It looks like a bug." "It looks like a Power Ranger motorcycle."

So she sees your possible pending project and remarks, "Now that looks like a motorcycle!" FWIW :)

Back