• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1250 frame sliders and givi mounts and bags

JaredM

Reaction score
Has anyone found any frame sliders for the 1250? I have only seen the frame brackets and sliders...about 249.00...that is alot for something that should be 50.00...
Also, I am still debating on which brand for mounts givi or swmotech...any opinions? and finally bags...I am leaning towards v46 and v35 side bags....I hear I would need plx mounts...is that accurate??
Any recommendations for where to get the best deal??

I've a set of the quil-lock SW Motech mounts on another bike, and they are great. You can use them for the traditional monokey or the PLX cases, according to what I gather from the Twisted Throttle site. They also have a couple of types of case guards or sliders there, too.

all the best,

Mike

Has anyone found any frame sliders for the 1250? I have only seen the frame brackets and sliders...about 249.00...that is alot for something that should be 50.00...
Also, I am still debating on which brand for mounts givi or swmotech...any opinions? and finally bags...I am leaning towards v46 and v35 side bags....I hear I would need plx mounts...is that accurate??
Any recommendations for where to get the best deal??

A couple of places have sliders, I'm partial to full "case savers" like Holeshot offers:

http://www.holeshot.com/Bandit_1250/b1250nerf.html

Renntec (sp?) makes a set as well.

For luggage racks, you can go with SW Motech, Givi (PLX), or the OEM Suzuki set. All use Givi V35 bags, the Suzuki bags are just rebadged Givi's.

The Givi rack puts the top case an inch or two higher than the Suzuki racks, but the side cases are tucked in a little closer, so... take your pick. I don't have much info on the SW Motech stuff other than their top case mount isn't nearly as sturdy as the ones offered by Givi and Suzuki.

trey

A couple of places have sliders, I'm partial to full "case savers" like Holeshot offers:

http://www.holeshot.com/Bandit_1250/b1250nerf.html

Renntec (sp?) makes a set as well.

For luggage racks, you can go with SW Motech, Givi (PLX), or the OEM Suzuki set. All use Givi V35 bags, the Suzuki bags are just rebadged Givi's.

The Givi rack puts the top case an inch or two higher than the Suzuki racks, but the side cases are tucked in a little closer, so... take your pick. I don't have much info on the SW Motech stuff other than their top case mount isn't nearly as sturdy as the ones offered by Givi and Suzuki.

trey

I have seen pic's of the Monokey version on the 1250, I'm pretty sure. The don't nest as closely as the V35, but some of them will hold full face helmets, the V35 won't. The Givi PL539 is for the Monokey, the PLX539 is for the V35. SW Motceh for V35 KFT.05.403.150, PLX, for the monokey KFT.05.403.100 This Quick-Lock system is pretty cool. Link to the Twisted Throttle page for the 2006 B12 and the B1250 http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/584/0/45

I have a set of the quick-locks on my KLR and when the racks are removed the mounts are very subtle.

all the best,

Mike

I have seen pic's of the Monokey version on the 1250, I'm pretty sure. The don't nest as closely as the V35, but some of them will hold full face helmets, the V35 won't.

I've got a set of V35 bags with Givi PLX mounts on my 1250S, and they hold a full face helmet just fine...

CBR

Interesting. I tried for a while to get my Shoei X-11 in a set of the V35's I had on my R12R. It wouldn't fit. I guess it depends on the helmet, maybe even on the size, as some helmet makers use different shells for different sizes. I'm really confident a Shoei Multi-tec won't fit, at least in my size.

all the best,

Mike

I have seen pic's of the Monokey version on the 1250, I'm pretty sure. The don't nest as closely as the V35, but some of them will hold full face helmets, the V35 won't. The Givi PL539 is for the Monokey, the PLX539 is for the V35. SW Motceh for V35 KFT.05.403.150, PLX, for the monokey KFT.05.403.100 This Quick-Lock system is pretty cool. Link to the Twisted Throttle page for the 2006 B12 and the B1250 http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/584/0/45

I have a set of the quick-locks on my KLR and when the racks are removed the mounts are very subtle.

all the best,

Mike

Right, you can do the Monokey cases with the Givi PL539 rack or that Motech rack. PhilS I think has those mounted up.

Suzuki only makes the racks/bags for the PLX/V35 setup.

trey

The don't nest as closely as the V35, but some of them will hold full face helmets, the V35 won't.

Mike

Probably depend of your helmet. I have a Shark s800 and a CKX and they both fit in my V35

yep - here's two shots of the rack assy for top and side (539 series) and with the E360 and E460 bags attached.

I have not looked too hard for frame sliders, but will most likely go the Dale route once more money falls from the sky.........

HoleshotInstall032A.jpg

FZ539Install012a.jpg

Phil,

I have a set of the E41 cases, and likely going to give them a try. I'll take a look at the SW Motech rack since the attach ooints are pretty small when the racks are off.

Sweet bike you have there! Thanks for the Pic's!

all the best,

Mike

Back