• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Seca II into streetfighter

Reaction score
First Name
A.J.
just posting the mods i did to my 1992 Yamaha Seca II since i got it.

before pics.

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

after pics

DSC01265.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

as you can see, it had no front fairing and that blocky headlight was terrible. i added dual 4 inch headlights from Aztec8.com, CRG 'Hindsight' bar end mirrors, and painted it with Duplicolor Truck Bedliner.

i am pleased with the result. I may or may not put on a Buell Lightning windscreen on it. After my last weekend trip, i think a Corbin seat might be a good investment too.

peace

How are those bikes for track day type use? I've seen them around a few times on craigslist at a reasonable rate and while I can't see riding it on my normal commute (I go more for standard bikes), I think if it handled and performed well enough, it might be something that I can blow my Christmas bonus on. That's assuming that I've gotten a new daily ride before then (crossing fingers for this to be a good week)

I used to have one and while it did me well as an all around street bike, I am not sure I would want to make an all out track bike out of one.

How are those bikes for track day type use? I've seen them around a few times on craigslist at a reasonable rate and while I can't see riding it on my normal commute (I go more for standard bikes), I think if it handled and performed well enough, it might be something that I can blow my Christmas bonus on. That's assuming that I've gotten a new daily ride before then (crossing fingers for this to be a good week)

i agree with shaggy. you'd probably be better off with a EX500, FZR600, or even an old Honda Hawk GT if you can snatch one up.

but then again if the price is right, i'd jump on it.

I'd love to have a Hawk GT, but if I get my hands on one of those, not sure I'd want to put it on the track. To nice of bikes for me to risk laying down. :)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Since I have a long time before it'll even be possible for me to get a track bike, I'm doing as much searching as I can right now.

Hey crippler love the bike. I'm trying to paint my bike with the bedliner as well but I'm new to painting this will be my first atempt but I can't find much on google about the prep work nessasary for spraying plastic with bedliner. Was hoping for some insight on how you did it. Apreciate any feedback thanks.

Back