• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocky Ridge going green?

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
I was there this weekend. It has been about 8 months since I have been there. They have closed off access to the road on top of the dam. It is some kind of governmental closure the young guy at the house said. He hopes it is temporary since riding on the road has not caused any problem for 40 years.

On the backside of the dam is the dragstrip. They cut a very wide trail between the two hill climbs on each side of the ridge so you can easily get down to the strip. Getting to the lake side takes a lot more effort than it used to but they improved a few of the trails that were ledgy to make it a little easier to get there. You can't get from the dragstrip flat area to the lake without going up on the ridge and coming down the other side (not the ridge of the ****).

FYI

*** that's pretty messed up. That dam is on private land, i would not think the Feds would have any jurisdiction over them!!!

I agree, when I first saw it I thought the owners did it but the sign was obviously a FED sign.

Maybe because it is a business, since they charge people to ride, that it has different regulations vs private personal use land?

I agree, when I first saw it I thought the owners did it but the sign was obviously a FED sign.

Maybe because it is a business, since they charge people to ride, that it has different regulations vs private personal use land?

There are about 60 flood control structures in the county built with federal funds to control downstream flooding. (think DFW) Aren't a lot of requirements on the landowners but maintaining a good grass cover on the dam is one of them.

I have been to Rocky Ridge over 100 times and have NEVER seen anyone fooling around on the side of the dam. Sounds like the Feds are getting a little crazy. A bunch of dirtbikes running up and down a rock road on top of that **** should not ever hurt anything!

Back