• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shady Grove track In Irving Feedback

Reaction score
First Name
chuck
Last Name
can someone give me some feedback on the track?

I have a dr650 and can ride - cant jump doubles or triples - but is there some
other nuts on D.S. bikes out there ???

I dont want to go there and be swarmed by MX crowed - :eek2:

Ok - I will be the test subject - plan on going here today to check it out.

It will be GREAT to have a track so close to Dallas to ride.

MAYBE could set up some Dual Sport only class races - have lights, tags - that would be a real kick !!!!!

will report when I get back.

Re: Shardy Grove track In Irving Feedback

***************** OK - I went - saw - had fun !!! *********

bike I ride - 06 DR650 - no mirrors, no turn signals FMF pipe, dyno jetted, airbox mods.

........ facts first I guess - this place is located in irving on shady grove rd - the east side of loop 12. the place is very close to near everywhere in the metroplex. takes 20 minutes at most to get there from almost anywhere.

it is a motocross style track with light sand terrain.

I was the only one there - thank god - but probably has a weekend crowd. the track is not very wide, probably 15-20 ft ?????

It is sorta like a OUTLAW track ????? - i really dont think they have organized races there, kinda an open track to play on and everyman for them self. :eek2:

The track is kinda tight, you do not have long straights to think about anything, its jumps, short straight into a turn, exit turn & jump, short straight, turn, jump etc etc etc.

the track has a pretty good layout, not outlandish but defiantly interesting.

WHAT R THE PLUSES ?????? - it has some REALLY COOL turns , U-TURNS that have berms like 15 feet high - really neat stuff here - I was seriously digging these turns with a huge smile :rider: = riding into them hard around the top rim while banked over - good stuff !!!!!!

WHAT R THE MINUSES ???? - well, since you asked........ the track has some seriously demented jumps - its NOT that that the jumps were too high, its just that the take-off was like straight up. Someone was trying to build doubles, but they just have the takeoff ramps way to steep - IN MY OPINION - if you landed short, you would be seriously messed up.

I did not play with these bad boys at all, just did not feel comfortable with them at all - I just slowed over them, not to a crawl, I was getting everything off ground, but DEFIANTLY not trying to jump them.

for $10.00 it was different, was fun to play on, just had to give those jumps some serious respect.....

We've been out there several times over the last few years. We take our dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. It's not a bad track and trails, but it's not a good one either! The folks that own it really don't do any grooming on it.

The weekends are pretty full, lots of hispanic familys with one bike taking turns... :doh:

It's a good place to go for a quick ride!

maintenance - that is the word my friend - the place could be very nice - I am totally in love with the berms and the general layout of the track

,,,,,,,,,,, but without maintenance ......... :giveup:

I noticed a for sale sign out front - looks like they r going to sell the whole thing,,, sad to see that ya know ???

maintenance - that is the word my friend - the place could be very nice - I am totally in love with the berms and the general layout of the track

,,,,,,,,,,, but without maintenance ......... :giveup:

I noticed a for sale sign out front - looks like they r going to sell the whole thing,,, sad to see that ya know ???

I rode there in about 1997 or so and have never been back! If they were to groom the track just a little bit, I would think about going again, but as it is, it is just waaaay too dangerous for someone like me that just loves to go as fast as I can!!!

Back