• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My Daughter

Reaction score
First Name
Carole
It's not easy for me to ask but I could really use the prayers. My daughter has been going through a rough time for quite some time now, mostly due to poor choices on her part. We, my mom and I have decided she is at rock bottom now and needs to make a big decision. She lives in Oregon and "we" believe it's time for her to move down here to get a fresh start. She's dead set against it so we all have to make some choices right now and could use some prayers so that we can make the right choices.

Thank you all, you're a great bunch of folks.

Carole, I just prayed for all of you. For guidance and resolution. Also I try not to give any advise here, just support, but one thing that hit me was that if she is resisting coming down to Texas then she might not have hit rock bottom yet or maybe hasn't realized it yet.

Sounds like you are making sure she knows there is some where to go when she reaches that point. I know that was important to me when I went through a tough time during college. Keep praying and keep supporting and I'm sure it will work out.

How could I, with a daughter of 20 years sharing your first and middle names (same spelling) refuse to join with you in praying for your child and you.

I beg the Lord God of Heaven to turn her from sin and run to Him - the only refuge. I pray, dear Lord, that You give wisdom to Carole and her mom as they counsel the daughter. Let the daughter have no peace with rebellion, may she awake as the prodigal son did and return. You alone, Christ Jesus, are able to save. For Your sake and Your glory, bring reconciliation to this family. Let it please You, Lord Jesus, and may You receive all the praise.

Sometimes even when we don't know it, God is watching over us.
We will pray for her and your family.
Marty

I used to pray this prayer for another friend of mine. I believe it helped. I hope it is appropriate regarding your daughter's situation.

From the Anglican Book of Common Prayer:

"O blessed Lord, you ministered to all who came to you: Look with compassion upon one of your children who has lost her soundness of mind, prosperity, and freedom through bad decision-making. Restore to her the assurance of your unfailing mercy; remove from her the fears that beset her; strengthen her in the work of her recovery. And to those who care for her, give patient understanding and persevering love. Amen."

It is tough watching people you care about making one bad decision after another and refusing to realize that it is their choices that are causing most of the problems in their lives, particularly if they play the victim card all the time. Beth and I both have family members like this. I have seen how heavily it weighs on our parents, in terms of guilt for things they think they should have done differently and for sometimes doing nothing so as not to protect the child from the consequences of the bad decisions. You definitely have my prayers.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, thoughts and prayers. I appreciate the understanding everyone has for our situation. She isn't ready to accept that she is at rock bottom and maybe she isn't but she needs to know her choices aren't in her best interest.

Tim, your prayer does fit the situation thank you.

Scott, I know with all your going through you understand how hard it is to stand by feeling helpless and that giving up control to God is the only answer.

Thank you!

Having personal experience with being the one at rock bottom due to my own bad decisions, I can share her pain as well as yours. You have my prayers for all of you.

I'm praying for all of you. It is very hard when a child makes bad choices. It's very hard to watch that child hit bottom. Often it's necessary.

You are in our family prayer list and we will continue to keep your and yours in our prayers.
I know what it is like to sit and watch children make bad decisions. Being guardian of my nephew I see quite a bit as he is troubled and came out of a very bad situation. Sometimes it doesn't seem like the last 9 years he has been here has helped at all but we continue to hope and pray he will find his way. I know I found my way back after many years and finally hitting bottom. It just takes time to see and realize you can't keep going on as your are and that you must make changes. It is good that you have let your daughter know she has a refuge when she finally does realize she needs one.

Prayers sent for you both CarolAnn. Lord know's your daughter is not the only one who has made poor personal decisions in their life..... :trust: Surprised I going to make it to 60 in a month or so!

Prayer is a wonderful thing CaroleAnn! Not only does it encourage and support those prayed for, but it blesses those doing the praying.
We have been the "rock bottom alternative" for several in the past and each one has recovered well. With the power of prayer, I believe your daughter will make it through. :pray:

I wanted to come here and revisit this prayer request. I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. I also want to let you know that my daughter will be here next Monday. It came down to me not giving her a choice or any other options but the get on a plane. She is having a hard time with the move and feels like she has failed. It's now time to help her with a change in attitude and behavior and I know I face an uphill battle.

Your continued thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, very much!

"Grow not weary in well doing for in due season ye shall reap, if ye faint not." (Gal 6:9)

It's been said that one of the chief aims Christ has in the life of any person is to bring him/her to the end of himself so that he might know he needs Christ. I pray your daughter comes to this knowledge and cries out for mercy from the One Who can save us from our sin.

Failure is nothing more than a temporary setback. It provides experience and knowledge that otherwise would not be gained. There is no shame in failure. The shame comes in not learning anything from it and using it to be successful at a later date.

I didn't get to where I am today because I am particularly gifted. I got here through trial and error. A lot of error it seems at times. ;-)

Failure is nothing more than a temporary setback. It provides experience and knowledge that otherwise would not be gained. There is no shame in failure. The shame comes in not learning anything from it and using it to be successful at a later date.

I didn't get to where I am today because I am particularly gifted. I got here through trial and error. A lot of error it seems at times. ;-)

Kurt, thank you for those words. Now from your mouth to her ears and I believe I will be the messenger. I'm not real good with words and I've been trying to find the ones to say.

One day at a time, one moment, one decision. It all comes down to the individual moments, just like the individual moments provide the setbacks, the they also provide the personal redemption and redirection.

I know this through trial and error. ;)

CaroleAnn-
I'll be thinking about you and your daughter come Monday..... Maybe try to get her to our Friday night gatherings???? It's a good group as you well know.

Sometimes it's not the words you say, but the smile and the hug and the unconditional love that helps most. God speed...and plenty of prayers to help.

Thank you all, very much. I spoke with Lis tonight and she sounds so much better than I've heard in months. I believe that she has come to realize that this is what she needs. She told me that a couple of her friends have said that this was a good thing. I'm so relieved and I know that all the prayers and good thoughts have been so very helpful.

Scott, I will try to get to the Friday night gathering so both of us can get out. I hope to bring her to the pie run also whether by bike or cage.

Sun Dance, I'm looking forward to the huge hugs we will share and the laughter and good times I've missed with her.

Back