• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

After the pie run - prayer request - Merged

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Fry
For those that have seen my post in the pie run ride report (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31718), a young lady named Jo needs your prayers, as well as her family and friends. I do know she lost a leg in the accident, otherwise I don't know much else about her state right now.

Last edited:
Re: Prayers for a Pie Run participant, down bad

Terrible news. Prayers sent.

Prayers sent. Recover quickly, Jo.

This is terrible! Prayers sent.

Thinking and praying for Jo, her family and friends.....

Prayers inbound....

Prayers sent!!!

This is horrible news. My thoughts are with her and her loved ones.

Wow. I am so sorry to hear this.

Many thoughts to her and her family.

Our prayers go out to her and her family and loved ones

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Do we know how it happened?

I'll put Jo on my prayer request list.

Casey, any chance you can get an address where cards can be sent?

This is such sad and shocking news.
Prayers for Jo, her family and friends.

This is sad news. We will pray for her, for family, and friends.
Kathy and I think we were sitting at a table with her and her friends in the cafe. I am terrible with names so I really don't remember.
Someone mentioned earlier about and address to send cards that would be great.
Marty

Hey, you hang in there Jo. My prayers, and a few hundred other people, are with you, your family and friend. Take care.

After the pie run - prayer request

Folks,

I just wanted to ask for your prayers and let any concerned passerby's know her status.

Along with several other riders, my girlfriend Jo and I came out to our first TWT event. Been around for a while, but finally got to an event.

We had a great time eating pie and getting to know Nixx, Muppet, Voyagerrider, and ladyride?

On the way back, the good times ended. Jo was riding her Virago and I was behind as we rode home on 1431, when an oncoming SUV swerved over into her lane and stuck her. I then watched as she slid across the pavement. I hit the brakes, swerved off the road and missed hitting her/her bike by what felt like less than a foot. After riding to almost a stop, I dumped my bike and ran back to see her. She was alert and able to talk, but had lost part of her left leg. The EMT crew did a great job stabilizing her and getting us quickly to the hospital where she was well cared for. Surgery was able to save only a portion of her leg above her knee. Other than that, signs look good - some road rash and some pain, but as of right now, it looks like nothing else serious - she will be staying with us.

We are grateful that she was wearing a helmet (based on condition of helmet - she would have been a LOT worse off), riding jacket, gloves, boots, and that the lord was looking out for her - it could have been a lot worse.

Please say a prayer for her to continue healing and for the best recovery possible. She has many friends nearby but no family. Her friends and I love her very much and are being supportive.

I just got back from the hospital (been there since yesterday). I will be leaving soon. Just wanted to ask for your prayers and any words you have for her. I will probably be back here tomorrow or Tuesday and will collect your prayers and words to share with her.

Things aren't great, but they could be a whole lot worse. I still get to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love.

Mic

Re: After the pie run - prayer request

Definitely praying for her and you.

Many of us at the Pie Run were shocked and saddened when we heard of Jo's accident. There are folks that would like to help, so please post up any needs as they become known.

Several have asked for an address to send cards. It sounds like she will be going home soon & we don't want her address made public, so is it OK to PM you for her address so we can send her a card?

Her life has changed and will need support from family and friends. She has my continued prayers for recovery and adjustment.

God bless.

My prayers to you, Jo and your familes. Please keep us updated...

Back