• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

good friday ride report (dfw)

Reaction score
i had one of the best solo rides i've ever had today. after a good nights sleep woke up at 7:30 with the sun shinging bright. after breakfast and coffee, hit the road about 8:45. took my usual solo route north of plano to lucas then road 546 to mckinney airport. this is a warm up road. some nice broad curves with a few 30mph curves near mckinney airport

from mckinney airport, take hwy 5 up to 380 then over to to 1827. 1827 is also a pretty nice road; starting to get in a smooth rythm now. can imagine where i want to bike to go and it goes there. hit 545 and on over to 2862. from westminster at 121 to Anna, 2862 is a real nice road as well although only about 8 miles.

from anna, head on over to 455; this is where the magic started happening. this road is now in pretty good shape (considering how much they screwed it up last summer). i rode from 75 to celina and back three times. i figured since i was there, just to really work on my cornering entry speed. this really helped a lot and i probably rode better today than i ever have. after my 3 passes, i took the identical route back home (2838, 1827, 545). those 3 roads seemed to just flow; one of the few times i've really been "in the zone". Dang, it felt good!!!

did a total of about 200 miles; i did pass several groups of bikes; on one of my 455 passes, i passed 3 cruisers, then on the way back, looks like one missed a curve and was off in the grass; i stopped to see if they needed help but the situation was in control. no bodily damage and didn't really see any damage on the bike either. the second pass by, looked like they were loading it on a trailer (?).

the biggest group of riders i saw was about 20 bikes of all shapes and sizes including a few goldwings, cruisers, sport tourers, etc. heading down 455.

definitly wanted to ride today since saturday is supposed to rain plus taking my wife out of town to visit some family friends. sunday will be chore day (with maybe a little riding).

one thing about riding during the week is that much less LEOs on the road. in fact, i did not see one cop the whole day. on a nice sat or sun, they are everywhere. although i do try to ride the "pace" as much as possible.

hope you all also had a great riding day.

gw.

Back