• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Billet Throttle body Trim

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
This is my second attempt at making a billet trim piece to replace the cheap looking IMHO stock chromed plastic throttle body trim, and I machined them up today and just installed them. The first ones I made were to big and didn't look right, so I made these smaller than the first ones but bigger than the stock trim pieces

I'm using the original bracket I made for the first trim pieces I made that I modified slightly and attach to the stock trim piece mounting tab on the throttle body. I plan on CNC machining up a new set of them with an integral mounting bracket so that it won't have any visible mounting screws as one of my projects when I go back to school next week.

I started off using the angles off of the stock trim piece, then I tweaked the angles so that the top edge runs parallel to the bottom of the frame tube and the bottom edge runs parallel to the centerline of the throttle body and the lower front edge runs parallel to the cylinders and the top forward face matches the angle on the back edge of the fairing, then I just stretched everything it making the entire cover bigger. I then sanded them and buffed them up to a full polished finish.

I'll take some full on side view pictures of my bike tomorrow, as they really look flow with the lines of the bike and look much better than the stocks one IMHO. :rider:

c8428b570e5894acf744552d226981250_large.jpg

You've got skills, bro. The piece looks good.:clap:

Thanks Greg, and the next version with the integral mounting bracket will look even better as it will get rid of the mounting screws on the face and it will allow me to add another ball groove to the face of it also. :rider:

Whens the billet engine block coming?Thats what i want to know:-P

I've already gone ahead and drew up the trim with the intergral mount and added an additonal ball mill groove now that there are no mounting screws, and as you can see it looks a lot cleaner. :rider:

5bede6b667b6388f52d88cd48ee4ac0e0_large.jpg

69f29d2ddc50101575a2f219a2a64c810_large.jpg

Well after looking at my new trim covers I decided that they would look better with the some black on the covers. I first painted them semi-gloss black and it was too much, I then removed the paint from the grooves, but I didn't like that look either, so I reversed it and painted the grooves black which I like. :rider:

afe9d68c4bec4965217cf3a77c78de380_large.jpg

Back