• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Kawis...return of the Voyager....sort of

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=379&content=photos
Voyager 1700:
0cc1f77f-f0a7-4607-b4b3-289286c29739.jpg

On top of the new 1700cc Voyager, there is an all new ZX-6R(available in limited edition Monster Energy livery), the U.S. arrival of the ER-6N, a Monster Energy edition ZX-14, the new KLX250SF street-legal motard, new 1700 Vulcans, Monster Energy KX450F/250F/100/85/65, Monster Energy KFX450F quad, as well as the standard BNG&C that every manufacturer gets.

ZX-6R:
e1a04606-233e-4d7e-85b6-8148eb3202f6.jpg

ER-6n:
a6c80bd1-246d-419e-b607-5afb7ce85856.jpg

KLX250SF:
1459e54c-f689-4846-a2c1-600481502345.jpg

I saw one of those , but thought it was the 900. WOW I think that will be my next bike.Kevlar belt 6speed and ABS .. very nice how much?

as the owner of a yamaha venture....looks like they may have given yamaha a good spanking..hats off to them...they may have my money soon.:clap:

The Eliminator 125 and Super Sherpa 250 also return to Kawasaki's American line-up.

Tom

Well, its certainly not what I expected. I was kind of thinking it would be a I-4 based on the Courours 14. Lots of guys on the Voyager forum, American Voyager Association, are upset about it. It kind of looks like the Yamaha Venture, but has some improvements.
I will reserve judgement until I see it in person, sit on it, and maybe take it for a ride.
Marty

It it was shaft driven instead of belt driven, it would almost be a perfect machine, but I strongly dislike belt drive.

This thing blows my Venture out of the water.

Too bad there's no price on the website. I bet it costs as much as a Harley Ultra or RoadGlide if not more.

Its a nice bike, but the deal breaker for me is the belt drive. I have one belt drive bike and now choose a chain or shaft shaft drive.

Its a nice bike, but the deal breaker for me is the belt drive. I have one belt drive bike and now choose a chain or shaft shaft drive.

It it was shaft driven instead of belt driven, it would almost be a perfect machine, but I strongly dislike belt drive.

Why is that?

Hmm, Momma Kaw is bringin the heat, but there's still a glaring omission in their line up: A ZRX1400R.

Other than that, I like what KHI is doing in the US market. The Connie is a knockout, the Versys is nearly the perfect middleweight utility bike. The ZX series is better than ever (still not world beaters, but very good). Now a new standard, a SM and a great looking dresser. Way to go Kawasaki! :clap:

Overall, there's more excitement in Kawasaki's pinky finger than in all of Honda. :lol2:

Seems like when I go to the dealerships the ultras are priced around 22-24k , I am betting they price this voyager 16-17k. Id much rather have a belt then chain ,but shaft is prefered.

The ER-6n, is it a naked Ninja 650 or a short Versys? I'm glad to see more becoming available in the way of 500-750cc standard bikes, but why do motorcycles have to be so ugly these days? The turn signals look expensive to replace.

Why is that?

On my 03 Roadstar, I broke 2 belts. The 2nd one cost me a buttload after all was said and done. You get a little rock in the belt and it wears a hole in it and severely weakens the belt. It's fine for custom bikes and bar hoppers, but for long distance touring, I prefer shaft driven.

No alignment to worry about. Almost maintenance free except for an occasional oil change. Smooth, quiet.

My thoughts exactly. It will be close enough in price that I would pick the Electra Glide over the Kwak.

One big difference is this is a frame mounted fairing instead of carrying the extra weight on the handlebars. I"m glad they have cruise control and ABS. It's a possible winner in my eyes.

Looks like the trunk is the Ultra Classic, and the bags, Victory. But it's neat lookin' anyway.

But I'm interested in the Victory Vision too, so these big dressers all speak to me, even though I'm on a sport tourer now. Some members commented on the belt drives. Please share more, or in an appropriate thread if need be. I've had chains of course, and my third shaft now, but not a belt yet. Before I consider the Vision completely, help me "see" the belt issue more clearly.:eat:

THose are some ugly bikes from Kawasaki i guess this year Japanese compete, who's going to have the ungliest lineup for 2009.. looks like kawasaki is ahead at this moment! I hope they dont mess up the new GSXR1000...

already had guy call on Voyager. they are not available yet and no price, and kawasaki said at show, they may be 2010 model. no date on when they will be out. no weight specs or anything, tho just plain classic vn1700 weighs 767 curb weight. so i guess thats wet weight not dry weight. guessing its gonna be in same weight as goldwing from looks of it.

The more I look at it the more I like it. I like the titanium/black model. A bike this big, what's a hundred pounds plus or minus? :lol2: I'll be running down to take a look as soon as they arrive. LongR1; will they have a prototype at the Cycle World show?

Attachments

• 1700Voyager.jpg
    1700Voyager.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 181
Back