• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2004 R1150RT Relay?

Reaction score
Anyone know what this relay (circled) controls?

100_08282.jpg

The part number is 6136-6902041.

Anyone know what the others do (I know they are not all relays)?

Thanks,

Eric

Anything in that compartment is black magic to me. Get some chicken guts and a voo-doo-doll and have at it.

It's not listed in my drawing, but perhaps an electric screen relay?
As to the others, if you can explain in layman's terms how to attach a photo, I can send you a schematic; otherwise pm me with your email and I can send it as a jpeg that way.

Paul,

Go here (it's free):

http://imageshack.us/

Click the "Browse" option. Find the file on your puter. Click the "submit" option. The file will be uploaded to their site. A screen will pop up with all kinds of links to the file. You can use the "thumbnail" link if you want to display the image here as a small image that is clickable to open a window with full size image. All you do is cut and paste the text in the box for the thumbnail option here in your post. Do a preview to make sure it works before you submit your post. You can also just use the direct link option. This is just a direct link right to the file location and you would use it with either the or [IMG] tags. [URL=direct link text]Description

or

The first is a link to the image that will open in a new window. The second will display the image in the body of your post.

Adios,

So it's really not a relay, but rather the FI map select plug that tells the ECM what configuration to run.

On the GS ADV, Europeans can use a different color plug to run low octane gas for a short period of time.

Close, but as you noted, that's not quite it... but I do appreciate all the help! :lol:

The relay in question, is the GREEN location. There is also an empty socket, which does not even have electrical contacts, in the RED location (but that's just because the socket could hold two devices).

328934fusebox3xe.jpg

With the relay out I started the bike, and all electrics (all lights, horn, windscreen, brake servo, RID) worked (unless I missed something).

Thanks for the continued help...

Eric

Back