• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for a Co-Worker

Reaction score
First Name
Kim
I hate to have to post this, as it was 100% preventable.

One of the guys in our Facilities department was involved in a single car collision just before 6am on I-20 and Green Oaks. His truck rolled and I was told his neck is broken and he may have sustained some brain damage.

He made a very bad decision, as it sits right now, is that he had been drinking. We all know the consequences of this, so please do not criticize.

Normally he is a great guy and I've known him for a couple of years. He is only 46 years old, married with (I think) 4 kids...it's 3 or 4, I can't remember.

Right now he's at Harris in downtown FW and they are unsure he will even make it through the night.

I hate to think that because of a very poor decision he could lose his life, but as I said, it was totally preventable.

Please send good thoughts or prayers for Tommy and his family's way if you could.

Here's the video from the CBS website...

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=33120@ktvt.dayport.com

There is going to be a long road to recovery if he is able to make it through the next 24 - 48 hours. He is unconcious right now, and I was last told things are not looking good.

I am so thankful that no one else was hurt...and I truly hope if he needs to deal with an alcohol related problem, that he is able to get that help.

:pray:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I'll pray for him and his family.

I just wanted to say thank you to those that have posted up. A co-worker/friend and I went up to the hospital hoping to maybe be able to see him, but it was immediate family only, which is totally understandable.

We talked to his sisters and his mom and things do not look good at all.

The doctors will be ceasing the medicine that is keeping him in a coma, and if he has seizures they are going to put him back under, but if he doesn't, he will most likely pass away.

I am so brokenhearted about this because he was a friend who made such a foolish mistake and from the feeling I got, I don't believe that they expect him to survive the weekend.

I have everything crossed that I possibly can and his family just asks for prayer. I hope for a miracle and wish I could call in a favor.

Kim, he's added to my prayer list for his recovery and for his family's well-being.

Thanks again you guys. I called up to the hospital and talked to his brother-in-law and my friend also called and talked to his ex-wife.

They took him off the medicine keeping him in the coma, but left him on the ventilator...no shakes, no tremors, no siezures. He's still alive.

We were told that he's not on the ventilator to keep him alive, rather, they are keeping him on it because his chest and lungs were badly bruised, so they are giving them time to heal before taking him off the ventilator.

They also did a brain scan this morning to see how much activity there is, and I don't know the results of that, but my fingers are crossed.

I feel good, things are positive right now and I hope they continue.

Tommy passed away this morning at 10am. I am heartbroken as he was a great guy.

The only thing positive from this situation, is that his organs will be donated to help others, he spent his life helping others, and in death he will do the same.

I don't know that there will be a place big enough to hold the people that will be attending his funeral, he worked for Tarrant County for 20 years.

Please pray for his family. :pray:

you, his family,friends, and coworkers are in our thoughts and prayers.

ps-thanks for sharing this kim, even though I am sure it is hard. praying for you.

my most sincere condolences....I'm sure you & his family are crushed. cling to each other....

Back