• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TraX Side Bags, Panniers - My Review

Very very nice bags and overall setup for the Tiger.

Thank you for also reviewing/showing the SW Moto Quick Release side case mounts. I have the quick release top case mount for my 08 SV650SF and was looking into the side case mounts set up for Givi's. I am sold on them and will order this weekend.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very very nice bags and overall setup for the Tiger.

Thank you for also reviewing/showing the SW Moto Quick Release side case mounts. I have the quick release top case mount for my 08 SV650SF and was looking into the side case mounts set up for Givi's. I am sold on them and will order this weekend.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The SW Moto quick release side mounts are nice, but I do not see them surviving even a mere drop without getting bent out of shape. Looks pretty flimsy to be able to survive a hit.

My other concern, is that they are WAY to easy to steal the entire bag off the bike on either side. They make a lock, but even with it, security of the bags / mount seems like it was an afterthought. Im trying to think up a way to make the security of this system greater.

The SW Moto quick release side mounts are nice, but I do not see them surviving even a mere drop without getting bent out of shape. Looks pretty flimsy to be able to survive a hit.

My other concern, is that they are WAY to easy to steal the entire bag off the bike on either side. They make a lock, but even with it, security of the bags / mount seems like it was an afterthought. Im trying to think up a way to make the security of this system greater.

100% agree, but as a quick on and off solution for a sportbike, looks pretty ideal. For an ADV rider, not ideal without additional farkling, but thats what ADV riding is all about....

I updated annotations to the video.

In retrospect, I do regret the SW Motech Quick Release purchase. I am unaware of current alternatives, however due to the security issues of the rack and bags themselves, in addition to the tubing mounts and design, the unit is not suitable for any sort of Adventure Riding. Around town/city would be fine, but these units will not tolerate a drop without major deformation. Specifically, on the Tiger 1050, the rear contact point uses the license plate frame/tail light mount as a contact point. Any drop will be expensive.

Security is also a major concern. Anyone with a quarter or a screwdriver can take your Luggage, and the Rack in less than 10 seconds. Optional lock only secures one contact point, and utilizes a different key.

If the contact points were difficult to get to, I would be more forgiving, however they are in plain accessible view. For these reasons, the SW Motech Quick Release mounting brackets are not reccomended by me.

I am pleased overall with the TraX panniers themselves.

**Im working on a new video (without the crappy audio this round) to illustrate what is good, and what is terrible about this system. I will illustrate to everyone the mounting system, the points of contact and why the system is unsuitable for advriding. I will also point its strenghts, but the cons thus far outweigh the pros 2 to 1.

Back