• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need some footpeg help

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
As a lot of you know, I designed machined up a custom billet muffler hanger/footpeg brackets for my BANDIT awhile back and I used some female footpeg mounts I had left over from my Harleys.

They worked ok but I had to machine the width of the mounting boss down on the pegs to fit the Harley mounts which is not going to be very practical as I am planning to possibly start making these up to sell so I needed to come up with a new footpeg mounting bracket that would accept the stock passenger pegs and use the stock detent spring, ball and plate and the pivot pin and c-clip so that the stock rear pegs are a total plug and play affair with my billet brackets.

So I designed up a new set of billet pegs brackets and machined them up yesterday that accept the stock rear pegs and all of the mounting hardware.

I do have a slight problem that I hope someone on the board can help me with, and that is since I had to machine off a little bit of the boss on my footpegs in order for them to fit the Harley brackets I used, I need to get the width of the mounting boss off of a stock rear peg.

So to accomplish this what I need from one of you out there is for you to pull off one of your rear passenger pegs and measure the width of the mounting boss on the end of the peg right next to the pivot pin hole with a micrometer, as I need that dimension so I can finish up the drawing and send it out for a quote.

Also If anyone out there has a pair of rear passenger pegs off of a 07/08 Bandit that they want to sell let me know. :rider:

Heres a picture of the new peg mounting bracket and the Harley bracket and spacer at the bottom of the picture that its replacing.
0a687f74efae0b85a05700d9dd620d4e0_large.jpg

98ae2a51a0b51ad6c2ab74e341ea7ad30_large.jpg

f77e54e2b4548777691a4d4b113d2d920_large.jpg

Just out of curiousity, what did you measure those with? thats some fancy measurin'

I measured it with these. They are probably cheap Home Depot stuff, but I think they are accurate to +-0.001 inch. They can display fractions or mm as well...

Calipers.JPG

Dang, I hate seeing pics of that beautiful bike. Mine in SUPER FILTHY. Had to run in about 150 miles of rain and fog yesterday getting home. Sigh! Well today is CLEAN DAY.

Dang, I hate seeing pics of that beautiful bike. Mine in SUPER FILTHY. Had to run in about 150 miles of rain and fog yesterday getting home. Sigh! Well today is CLEAN DAY.

Yes, that is a shiny bike. I don't think my Bandit even looked that good the day I bought it. I think I'll try to shine mine up today too.

Cant get the Bandit too shiney. But I did do a good washing. Next is waxing. The old faded KLR on the side of it would throw up! ha ha ha ha .

Back