• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need some road help

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if any of this is dirt? Passable by big touring rigs?

Also, would we miss much if we took Spring Bridge and hooked into Willow City Loop? Again, we'll have several people 2 up and some big bikes with riders I have never ridden with before. Some, I doubt would like the dirt too much.

GOOGLE map Click Rd to Willow City Loop

Well, it is a nice dirt road (haven't tried the section off of 315 though) but 2 up on big rigs? I don't think so. Lots of fine silt and large rocks abound, and getting the rigs across sandy creek will be an adventure you aren't likely to forget. This taken about a year ago, 1st crossing less water there now

193695945_YsUyo-M.jpg

2nd crossing. according to your map you would turn off before this

193724899_yphKh-M.jpg

Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know.

A friend of mine put together a ride out to the Leakey area and for some reason I ended up putting the route together. I wanted a different route from the last time I went out there but those Goldwings and sportbike guys won't go for dirt. :lol2:

Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know.

A friend of mine put together a ride out to the Leakey area and for some reason I ended up putting the route together. I wanted a different route from the last time I went out there but those Goldwings and sportbike guys won't go for dirt. :lol2:

Don't know why, I was able to talk a buddy into taking his LT on the dirt road
between 335 and 336.:zen:

18337024_tUPL7-M.jpg

18337030_Sx5zY-M.jpg

He may think twice before following me offroad in the future :rider:

Will I run into these crossings just following Click road off 71? Looks awesome!

From yesterday. No water anywhere. I would've stopped to take a photo but I was having too much fun blasting through the crossings. The dry creek looks like it might be fun to play in, but I didn't. TONS of deer out. Cell phone pics. Ran into LostRider and a friend of his. Thanks for the road advice!

2934367215_86de4bd51a_o.jpg

2934367353_b0b2674f1d_o.jpg

2934366989_6520c9d5d2_o.jpg

2934366643_495c8e734d_o.jpg

2935223592_57bbf23b54_o.jpg

Hey Je2000, glade to hear that our directions did not mess you up to bad. To bad the creek was dry cause it is a whole lot more fun when the water is moving.

Nice pictures!! Where is this road located??

My inner nerd loves the idea of GPS/Riding/Scouting so I am putting any ride outside of Austin online for others to see. I'm green at trail riding so you won't notice fast times through the gps points but the adventure is what counts right?!

Click Rd. - after a few aerial photo shoots over the Devil and Riley Mountains, I had to explore this area on wheels. It's a blast. Super easy riding, beautiful views, lack of LEO, and feeling like I was in the middle of nowhere.

Route - I would take 962 instead of 71 - it only adds and few minutes, it parallels 71, it's empty, and it's a fun road. So I went Bee Caves, Hamilton Pool/962 to Click. Once on click it's low key but be warned - there are a few loose sections - fine red silt that will get your attention if you come blasting into a straightaway and don't see it in time. I hit one at 50mph and anyone coming after me probably saw some really nice understeer/counter steer tracks. I came within an inch of eating **** - good times! It was also my reminder to let some air out. Watch out for blasting around corners into free roaming cattle - they are huge! Hickory bluff on the NW corner just beyond the Click Gap is a really cool cliff formation to go explore. Also, no property problems but several ranchers did let me know it's hunting season and on more than one occasion, I unknowingly ran into open fields on single track that had deer blinds - those guys where probably pissed before i knew they were there.

Otherwise - fun times. I put on 160 miles pretty quick and it's not really like you are committed at any point.

If you want to see my ride - go here - http://mikeshorephoto.com/click.html

Hope that helps.

Mike

Last edited:
Nice pictures!! Where is this road located??

Out on the way to llano. Another nice ride to it, coming from austin and going to llano on 71. Look for CR310 directly across from the 2nd rest area after crossing 281 and take it until it eventually dead ends into 315 and bear right. Pretty country out there.

The long way out, meaning more dirt; from 962 take 281 south to the first right, this road leads Sw to Sandy on 1323, take that west to althuis davis road and turn right (north). when you hit pavement again after the dirt, take the first left about 100 yards out, CR309 and head west to 310, 315, etc

gate keepers?

403249302_BMo8K-L.jpg

We all know the real reason llano is a good destination. (coopers)

407604152_hpUAF-L.jpg

Not a vegan friendly place

407606451_omhy7-L.jpg

Fresh jalapenos

407607825_wQViR-L.jpg

Back