• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do your pneumatics seem anemic?

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
I changed the quick connect couplers I was using from 1/4" to 3/8" and the output of my impact wrench improved dramatically. Previously, I had trouble removing lug nuts on the car, but now it pops them off like no one's business.

There are high flow 3/8 couplers that have the standard 1/4 NPT thread sizes so I didn't have to use any additional adapters to fit the impact wrench. By comparison, the common 1/4" couplers are so restrictive, I don't see why tool manufacturers don't recommend avoiding them. You'll never get the tool's rated output using them. And yes, even though the fitting is identified as 1/4" NPT, it has a larger internal diameter. Of course, use a 3/8" hose.

Go out in the garage/shop and see what you're trying to push your CFM through. :mrgreen:

:thumb::thumb:

Back