• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Friends son involved in horrific crash, need prayers........

Reaction score
Over the weekend, a good friend of mines son was involved in a horrific accident at their home in Allen. You may have seen it on TV over the weekend, basically, a car drove through their house and trapped Cody under the car for almost an hour before the firefighters could get him out.

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=9166317

Needless to say, the exhaust burnt him very badly, there are 3rd degree burns over 70% of his lower body, and a very good chance one leg will have to be amputated. This family has been through **** over the last couple of years with other medical issues, Cody's mother has been battling cancer and is just now starting to get back on her feet, then this happens. I can't imagine how bad they must feel, or how they are even getting through this, it's hard to imagine why God would inflict such suffering on the same family. I guess God works in mysterious ways and I guess I shouldn't question it, but stuff like this really tests my faith. Anyway, please take time out to pray for my friend Todd and his son Cody, and their entire family!

I don't know what to say. What a run of bad things to happen to a family. I'm praying now.

Prayers sent..........and I DON'T BELIEVE GOD INFLICTS BAD THINGS ON PEOPLE!! I ALSO BELIEVE: GOD ANSWERS PRAYER
IMHO

:tab It rains on the just and the unjust alike. Our task is to accept God's grace to get through it. From an eternal perspective, what happens here may be hard to endure, but is ultimately irrelevant other than as an opportunity for believers to demonstrate their faith to non believers. Remember what happened to Job... That does not mean the suffering is easy, it just puts the perspective in the right place. I will be praying that this family leans HEAVY on God to get through this and to endure.

Prayers said for Cody, Todd, and the whole family.

Prayers lifted. Poor kid ... I hate it when kids get hurt like that ...

Dave.

I'll pray for them today.

It's always hard to understand when bad stuff happens to good people. The testing of our faith can either turn us away or bring us closer to God and produce an endurance for future problems and an example for others. I've been down both roads and as hard as it is, the latter is way better than the former.

Prayers are inbound for Cody and his family.

I too just hate to hear when kids become injured.

Being in Allen, and on their community forums, and a First Responder, I did learn of this. Sad it is indeed, but so very common too. It's wild how many vehicles enter structures these days. Not all injure or kill the occupants, but in the blink of an eye things will change for any one of us.

Prayers and thoughts to you and their families and friends.

Our thoughts are with the family

Similar thing happened in our neighborhood a couple of year back. Kids drove into a house pushing the bedroom wall on a small boy. He was very lucky and being small must of helped.

I heard through the Grapevine that this was the woman's 3rd DUI, can anyone confirm? I haven't talked to Todd yet, I'm afraid to call, I wanted to give him a couple of days with his family before talking to him again. I will call him today. Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Finally talked to Todd, Cody is having surgery tomorrow morning at 06:30 a.m., still not sure whether they can save the leg, but they are going to try. Most of the burns came from the cars fluids, not the exhuast as I had previously thought. What really sucks is that from what I was told, the rescuers spent a good 30 minutes getting the drunk biatch out before they even STARTED trying to get Cody out. He was stuck underneath this car yelling and screaming and was basically ignored as he baked in the boiling hot automobile fluids! Todd was very emotional as he discussed the events of the day, and was very thankful for the handful of friends that TRIED to get Cody out from underneath the car, but once the cops got there, everybody was made to leave so THEY could take over the rescue. Sounds to me like they did a crappy job, but I can only go by what I was told, if things played out the way they say it did, you can be sure some city agency is going to get the **** sued out of them!!! Regardless, they are homeless now, the house is structurally unsound, I don't think they will ever live there again, most of the family is too traumatized to even go back. They are staying at a motel in Allen (The Pyramids) for the time being, they are in great need of prayers right now, but donations wouldn't hurt either, I wish I knew how to set something up for them. I am probably going to go up to the hotel and see if they will let me pay for a few nights or something, I just feel so bad for this family, they have been through so much, and they are such really good people. Please, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as Cody tries to make it through surgery tomorrow, I will post updates as I receive them!!!!

Your a good friend to care for this family the way you do. I know the Lord we serve is a loving God and I know He loves this family. He is going to use you and others round about to share His love with them. God bless this family and God bless those that are ministering to them.

I saw it on the news. How horrible. I hope things turn out okay. God bless.

Tornado,
I live in McKinney. If you and your family need something please let me know. The McKinney CMA chapter is ready to help. In the mean time prayers are being sent up.
What hospital is Cody in - if you think it is alright to post. If not let me know and I will send you my personal email address. We would like to visit the family.
Thanks,

He is at Parkland, family is staying at the Pyramid Hotel in Allen off of 75 and McDermott, I'm sure they would appreciate the visit!

Back