• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rattle in the tank...

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Schmidt
I have a Suzuki SV 650. The metal breather tube in the gas tank has detached from the area under the gas cap, and now rattles. I've tried three times to reattach it with JB Weld, but it seems the gasoline attacks the compound.

I can't really cut it because I don't want gasoline getting in and flowing down to the area the tube terminates, and I'm a little hesitant to plug it because the gasoline will eventually disolve whatever it's plugged with and contaminate my fuel.

Any ideas / sugggestions?

No idea, but SVrider.com may know. My guess is that the cleaniliness of the two surfaces is the issue.

Are you talking about that little steel tube that sits on the left side of the filler neck (low side when it's on the stand)?

I was under the impression that piece was not so much a breather as a drain INTO the tank, so if you spill gas into the depression under the gas cap but around the filler, it will drain into the tank rather than just slosh around under the cap?

Back