• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fulmer Helmets?

Reaction score
First Name
Lilia
I went into my local dealer shop and feel in love with a Fulmer that had a fantastic design. I'm normally not a big fan of the graphics on full-face helmets because they really don't fit a cruiser girl like me and so I've been putting off getting one until I really found one I liked.

1 - So, looks aside, does anyone have any hardcore feedback on personal experience with Fulmer helmets?
2 - Do they keep you cool enough? I don't tolerate heat too well (I know, what am I doing in Texas?) so I have to have to super-duper vents to keep me as cool as possible.
3 - Are they best left for looks alone and I should look at something else for quality? They do have one full-face model that is SNELL certified.

I don't have a huge budget and Fulmers definitely fit into my comfort zone but then again, my head is pretty important to me. :sun:

Feedback, please?

:rider:

> does anyone have any hardcore feedback on personal experience with Fulmer helmets?

They make decent helmets. I personally know many people who like them and are totally satisfied with them.

> Do they keep you cool enough?

Every model is different. It totally depends on the number of air vents, and how the air flow channels inside the helmet are designed. Different model Fulmers will have different cooling characteristics. Regarding fit, again all helmets are slightly different. The only way to ensure good fit is to try on a bunch of helmets in a row.

> Are they best left for looks alone and I should look at something else for quality?

If your budget is limited, a Fulmer will work about 1,000 times better at keeping your face from getting torn off than no helmet.

Buy one and ride while you save up for a higher-end helmet. Then, keep the old Fulmer for a spare.

I have a Fulmer helmet. It has a bit of wind noise. The face shields are not for resistant nor can you buy a for resistant one from them. fulmer has been making helmets a very long time. Over all i have been happy with mine.

They seem to be a good value. I don't own one but was fooling around at a gear store and tried two or three on. They have a nice deep bucket which seemed to fit me pretty well. My fiance ended up buying a 3/4 Fulmer with a face shield and she seems to like it. I think Fulmer also makes a modular helmet which you can lift up for some temporary aid from the heat if you need it.

Buy one and ride while you save up for a higher-end helmet. Then, keep the old Fulmer for a spare.

Good advice as well

I have a Fulmer helmet. It has a bit of wind noise. The face shields are not for resistant nor can you buy a for resistant one from them. fulmer has been making helmets a very long time. Over all i have been happy with mine.

What is the resistant part in a face shield?

If your budget is limited, a Fulmer will work about 1,000 times better at keeping your face from getting torn off than no helmet.

I am currently using a Scorpion EX700. While it is comfortable enough, I find it very hot. Since I don't tolerate heat very well, venting is important...

Certainly, though, I agree - almost any full-face helmet is almost better than none.

I ran across a review for the GMAX GM68S and it received excellent praise for overall quality at a reasonable price. Venting was top notch in the review. I am now adding the GMAX to my short list to find... Anyone have one of those?

What is the resistant part in a face shield?

I think, by the context, that he means fog resistant= anti fog treatment on the visor.

For what I understand the differece between a top of the line and a budged helmet are more in the quality of the linning andd fit and finish. Some time the degree of protection is not proportional to the sticker price.

Another thing is the more vents, the noisier the helmet is going to be.

I have a Fulmer and I'm satisfied with it, but since mine is a dirt helmet my experience with it won't help you much. As far as wind noise.... the street helmets ain't got nothing on mine for having some noise. Once you've had a tear-off tab flapping in the breeze at 65 to 80 MPH you will like how quite all street helmets really are. :rofl:

I think, by the context, that he means fog resistant= anti fog treatment on the visor.

For what I understand the differece between a top of the line and a budged helmet are more in the quality of the linning andd fit and finish. Some time the degree of protection is not proportional to the sticker price.

Another thing is the more vents, the noisier the helmet is going to be.

yep fog resistant

I have a Fulmer Flip-face helmet. I like it. I will not buy another flip-face though. During a cash, I personally think the face would flip up and offer no protection (I've never crashed and don't know, but this is how I think it would act in the event of a crash). I would buy a Fulmer Full-face though. As for coolness I find that opening the face shield one click lets in enough breeze for comfort. After reading into the Snell vs. DOT certifications, I am not going to pay a few hundred more for the Snell certification. I'd rather upgrade my other gear and get the DOT only certified helmet.
Useful link:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29984&highlight=DOT+Snell

Last edited:
1 - So, looks aside, does anyone have any hardcore feedback on personal experience with Fulmer helmets? Decent quality for the price. Kind of noisy but not too bad if you ride with ear plugs.

2 - Do they keep you cool enough? I don't tolerate heat too well (I know, what am I doing in Texas?) so I have to have to super-duper vents to keep me as cool as possible. Mine is an older model with only two front vents. One just below the face opening and one just above. It does not flow enough air for hot weather riding.

3 - Are they best left for looks alone and I should look at something else for quality? They do have one full-face model that is SNELL certified. Now that the helmet is no longer in production I have had a hard time getting replacement shields.

Thank you for the feedback. It's looking like I'm leaning more toward the GMAX 68S, but then the discussion on ECE standards definitely merits some review. Like I said, ventilation is a big deal for me. Right now I am riding with a Scorpion EXO 700 with a large liner. I tried the medium liner and I freaked out from feeling claustrophobic. For now, I guess I'm back to the drawing board and have a couple more months to figure out what I want to do... :zen:

Last edited:
I've owned a couple Fulmer helmets; my mother has one as well. For the price, they're commendable helmets. My spare back home in Florida is a Fulmer 3/4 - Full face helmet (the front part can detatch). After my wreck, I doubt I'll buy another one, but it's still a good helmet nonetheless.

That being said, I'm not a fan of paying extra money for a graphic on it; I can't see it when I'm riding anyways.

The wind noise with the modular (flip face) helmet made want to :suicide:. dont know about the real full face that you are refering to. SNELL wont certify modular helmets so i dont think that is what you are looking at.

I had one for a while. got rid of it because the shield wouldnt seal to the helmet and it whistled above 20mph. and by whistle i mean LOUD whistling.

I have a Gmax GM68s in stealth black. If the fit is good, I think you would appreciate this helmet. Here's the Up/Down list:
Venting is much better than your average helmet. However, not the gale force that all those top vents would lead you to believe.
The noise, however, is exactly what you would expect from all the vents. I wear earplugs if I'm going to be at highway speed for more than a couple of minutes (on my naked bike this would likely be the case for most helmets though).
The inner liner and pads are easy to take out and wash.
The rear LEDs are actually visible at night, drivers notice. Switched to included smoke cover to match the black helmet.
The included clear and smoke visors are a nice touch.
After almost a year using it basically every day, no problems with broken plastic bits, etc.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the clarity of the visor - it's as if nothing's there.

Back