• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suggestions

Reaction score
First Name
AJ
OK guys, I need some help. Currently most my nonworking time has been consumed with my sons Hockey. 2-3 practices a week and at least one game on the weekend.

I am looking for some dirt around the Burleson/Crowley area. Nothing major just a place to play for a hour or two in the mornings or evenings. Mud holes are always welcome.

Suggestions please.

He has one and rides sometimes at Village Creek, but my beast (DR650) and my knees arent into Motocross tracks.

I like mud. I'm like a kid by a puddle, I can't stay out of it.:rider:

My pleasure. Went back today and found a couple more loops out there. I plan on checking out Alta Mesa on the way home one day this week. Looking for some hardpack, sandy sweepers to get my sideways on.

Fess up, you guys. Where's you find dirt or mud around here?

My little red express loves an occasional dirt road. You're right, I'm not going adventure touring any time soon, but we're not afraid of a little dirt road now and then. :trust:

My pleasure. Went back today and found a couple more loops out there. I plan on checking out Alta Mesa on the way home one day this week. Looking for some hardpack, sandy sweepers to get my sideways on.

I might hit it for a lap on the way home tonight. Its been a while since I rode tight trails (I found some muscles I hadn't used in a while). I need to get my new rear tire on before I try the deep mud again.

You also mentioned a night ride. I'm in!

My little red express loves an occasional dirt road. You're right, I'm not going adventure touring any time soon, but we're not afraid of a little dirt road now and then. :trust:

Some of it may be ok on a street bike but there were some spots my DR was tough to get through.

Any night of the week is good for me as long as I get home by 9pm during the week. Gimme a PM or a spur of the moment call and I can meet you in 15 minutes anytime.

Checked out Alta Mesa last week one day on the way home from work. There are more trails out there than I though. Most are very rutted from 4WD's. Had some fun under the bridge on the concrete slopes. Nice graffiti. Ended up taking the railroad tracks for a couple miles down to Sycamore School Rd. Got off there but looked like a trail/gravel road kept going. I think I will be able to connect Alta Mesa with Crowley with a minimum of concrete. The ""OUTLAW DS LOOP" is growing. I think it is all perfectly legal as long as you don't look back over your shoulder.

Check with idr for some dualsport routes out of Burleson.

this is only a test...

grizzly.jpg

Checked out Alta Mesa last week one day on the way home from work. There are more trails out there than I though. Most are very rutted from 4WD's. Had some fun under the bridge on the concrete slopes. Nice graffiti. Ended up taking the railroad tracks for a couple miles down to Sycamore School Rd. Got off there but looked like a trail/gravel road kept going. I think I will be able to connect Alta Mesa with Crowley with a minimum of concrete. The ""OUTLAW DS LOOP" is growing. I think it is all perfectly legal as long as you don't look back over your shoulder.

I ran some more of Alta mesa last night. How did you get all the way to Sycamore School? I ended up in a neigborhood about 1/2 mile from Sycamore. Some nice rocky areas back in there. I will be off work from the 20th until the 2nd so I hope to do some more exploring. Let me know if you have found anything new. A route from Alta to Crowley would be cool.

Cross the creek under the bridge and head south. There is a road next to the tracks that appears to go PAST Sycamore. Need to see how far it goes before we have to get on the tracks. I plan on riding tomorrow to work, hope it snows! Might check it out on the way home. Been riding the Crowley spot a lot lately and have a nice loop going that will expand soon. Message me (phone) anytime and I will be ready to explore day or night. Also another guy from this forum that came out here wants to show me the ins and outs of Trinity Trails/360/Arlington. Lets hook up soon!

Sounds good. I will be tied up this weekend (Family in town) but the following Sunday (20th) may be good to go do some riding.

pm me your number again. I had some phone issues and lost some of my numbers.

Back