• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1200 Major Service Cost Sheet

Reaction score
I never had a bike young enough for the dealership to want to work on it, so once I got my 2002 Bandit 1200S I was curious to see what the $447.30 Major Service itemized costs are and what they actually do that costs money. Below I share my costs from a local Suzuki dealer here in Sacramento California, USA.

----------------MAJOR SERVICE------------------

QT--- PART ------------------------- COST EACH
1 - Gasket...........................................$.81
0 - Air Filter......................................$22.75
1 - Engine O Ring...............................$10.75
4 - NGK JR9B Spark Plugs......................$6.95
40 - Castrol Engine Oil 10W40..................$.45
1 - Cylinder Gasket............................$15.92
2 - Head Cover Gaskets........................$3.94
2 - Head Cover Gaskets (diff part #).......$4.22
8 - Washers.......................................$2.52
6 - Head Cover Gaskets........................$1.22
2 - O Rings.........................................$2.61

Labor $320.00

Hazardous Waste Disposal $5.00

Setting your idle at 2,000 RPM - PRICELESS !!!

Hmmm... best I can tell that was an oil change, oil & air filter change, spark plugs, valve adjust and maybe a carb synch... While some people don't have the time, these are pretty simple procedures on the 2 Gen Bandit and you could have saved some bucks doing it yourself. Perhaps I missed a major service item though.

Good on you for taking care of your mo'sheen... they will last a long time when given some attention.

Go ahead and give the dealership the money to do it all for you and ask for their candor with regard to anything else that might need to be done (read, $$$ front & rear sprockets and chain $$$). Then all you gotta do is put tires on every 4,000 miles and ride, Ride, RIDE!

You may take an interest (with time) in doing the stuff yourself, but right now all you want is a trained & experienced eye to look stuff over and dial her in for you. You got the bike inexpensively enough, you can afford the luxury of having this stuff done for you!

Or go on a ride with me in the morning up 88, 89, over Monitor Pass to Topaz, and back home. And worry during the entire trip that there is something that needs attention on your bike.

Wise words, and I did just that. I had them replace the chain and the front and rear sprockets, Cost Sheet coming soon. I also had them do my brakes, again Cost Sheet coming soon. Getting this bike for $1K I knew I would have to put some money in to it to make it sound. I don't mind because now I know I have new tires, new brakes, new chain and sprockets, new plugs, new oil, new filters, etc. Nice to ride a bike knowing as far as you know there is nothing needing attention. As far as riding, I am hoping to hit the Oregon border before the end of the year.

Back