• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Battered but able B6 holds her own against a Gixxer...

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Kuo
Riding home from work I decided to take a detour down the curvy roads of South Pasadena and found myself riding a car and a half behind a Gixxer. The super-sport was going pretty fast around the curves, and I decided to try to keep up if I could. While I scrapped some foot pegs, and muscled my way around some sharp bends, I managed to stay close behind him (or her) until a certain point. The picture of it must have been funny -- scratched up B6 with busted signal lights chasing a clean brand new Gixxer:rofl: But it got me thinking....Besides fixing her up again...can a B6 beat a super-sport around the bends if modified with a Holeshot stage one or two? Or am I dreaming:rider:

-Kevin

I have a CBR1000rr:doh:
rworm
:haha:
07/1250 also
bandit237.jpg

You could beat him if you just brake later and get on the gas sooner, no need to spend dinero for that:flip: Of course, that is easier said than done

The Gixxers will take a Bandit on the track, where the extremes of a bike's performance can be put to use, but on the road in real riding conditions, the Bandits can keep up with comparable sportbikes of their size just fine. My 1250 has kept up with literbikes left and right (though I'm sure it would be different next to a B-King, Concours 14 or Busa).

It's all about the rider. Two equally skilled riders one on a B6 and one on a gixxer? Bye, bye Bandit.

This is the primary reason I am moving toward track days, suspension mods, and developing rider skills as opposed to adding 10 or 20 HP. I got my butt kicked in the twisties by a Yamaha 250 Motoard this year!!!! No more!!!!!!!!!!!!:rider: :rider: It's all about the rider. I love the Dragon Gold Wing Video!!!!!!

The Gixxers will take a Bandit on the track, where the extremes of a bike's performance can be put to use, but on the road in real riding conditions, the Bandits can keep up with comparable sportbikes of their size just fine. My 1250 has kept up with literbikes left and right (though I'm sure it would be different next to a B-King, Concours 14 or Busa).

This really sums it up best. The top five expert racers on tricked out SV650's are about 1.5 seconds a lap slower than I am on my mostly stock CBR600RR. If I were to race them on similar bikes, they would annihilate me. It would look as though I was riding a bicycle against them.

With a bike, I do agree that the rider matters more than a driver of a car does, but even the best rider can't overcome every other factor.

My first thought was what curves is that dude talking about
Pasadena is flat and straight then I looked CA not TX

My first thought was what curves is that dude talking about
Pasadena is flat and straight then I looked CA not TX

In Pasadena, CA there are smaller side streets that wind all the way around the San Gabriel Mountains....

-Kevin

The largest elevation change is Pasadena Tx is an overpass
and the only curves I remember were the on ramps so I think
Texas will concede that CA wins the riding in respective Pasadena's

The Texas Pasadena also has certian air about it :trust:
as its home to most of Texas's refinerys and the air always
has a special smell to it

The largest elevation change is Pasadena Tx is an overpass and the only curves I remember were the on ramps so I think
Texas will concede that CA wins the riding in respective Pasadena's

Well, there's the roundabout when you exit the Washburn Tunnel on the Pasadena side. :trust:

The Texas Pasadena also has certian air about it as its home to most of Texas's refinerys and the air always has a special smell to it

Smells like money.

HAHA! I never figured anyone would actually google it...it is proof positive that all these mods and stuff we do to our bikes can never fully cover up a riders inability.

Most likely, a good chunk of the money we spend would be best spent upgrading the rider...lol.

Mark

Okay, the Harley guys were stupid...but why didn't the guys in the truck go out and help?? Stupid or not -- were talking human life here...

-Kevin

Okay, the Harley guys were stupid...but why didn't the guys in the truck go out and help?? Stupid or not -- were talking human life here...

-Kevin

Because all his buddies were there? What idiots. The guys on the bikes, not the guys in the car.

Man, Target fixation RULZ!!!

He was backin' it in! :eek2:

By locking up the rear brake by the looks of it... :doh:

I think the rider was okay wasn't he?

Back