• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TATered old men

CeeBee

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Blair
I posted this ride report on ADVrider because I rode with ADV folks from out of the state. :giveup:
I have felt BAD ever since because I enjoy TWTEX and every time I read a ride report I feel guilty for not posting this. :doh:
DrBlackbird's, continuing - excellent, CDR report :clap: just put me over the edge - Bare with me, It's therapy, but I don't need so much that I'm going to write it all over again! Here's the link - I've done my duty and feel better now, Thanks :loco:
:rider: :rider: :rider:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383966&referrerid=28820

What I like to do is write these up on the pc in a text editor. Then I can paste them in on either site. We use the same image and url tags here as ADVrider.

The next post is an example of pulling it off ADVrider for here. I clicked the quote button on your first post, but you could hit edit. There is a button in the upper right hand part of the editor that switches between showing links as links or showing the tagging (ie http:.......[\img] ). You want to see the tagging for it to work consistently. Sometimes a cut and paste works, but I've seen that go wrong.

So next post is cut and paste of your first post

I've been told "The TAT ride report MUST be written" I, the illiterate one, was elected by default. Since I am the youngest of the old TATtered men, I succumbed to the mounting pressure although my memory has aged beyond the youthful status that appointed me. In light of this fact ALL riders MUST interject and keep my facts straight!!!! :ear I met Burt last March on a ride in Baja - Click if interested- http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26600&referrerid=3049
He mentioned in passing about doing the TAT in July - I just said "call me" Now I'm thinking -- the desert in Aug.? Is he crazy?? Well the call came and I Guess, well, we all must be a little crazy to even be on this board!
Anyway, The players are ----

Burt
tat2008002.jpg

General Lee
TAT073.jpg

Chuck
DSCN2301.jpg

Rick - rode the Oregon section
TAT096.jpg

Burt rode all the way from Washington state on a DR650 to start the ride at the General's house on the border of AR. and OK. on July 22nd AM. I met up with them at Keith's shop in Tulsa OK. on the 22nd PM :freaky
Keith was great!! Put us up for the night and handled any needs we may have had -- Well bike needs anyway --- Can't find a picture Keith, must have been to freaked out to take one -- A big THANK YOU for everything you have done for us and others. Your hospitality is rare and appreciated!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Left that morning on the flat open spaces of OK.
Had a pretty good clip going, then it turned into two track with deep dry sand in the ruts. I kept the speed up to stay on top and eyes peeled to the slot or rut because it was narrow. Knowing that the consequences of a mistake would be immediate, I neglected to look in my rear view mirror very often. When I did - NOBODY was back there!! :eek1 I hate turning around in rutted sand, but managed to stay upright. A little farther back I saw Burt picking up his bike and checking everything.:eek1 Windshield was broken and the engine wasn't running very good but he wanted to go find the General. On the way back, we crossed paths with a guy in a truck, said he helped pick up a bike a little way back. Came up on General Lee - Guess the truck guy made him rethink going forward, :norton so we back tracked and went around. No big deal - it was OK. Pun intended. :D
Really, there were no pictures so it must not have happened.

Shade was hard to come by
TAT006.jpg

I waited under a cattle loader - only shade for miles. Did I mention, It was 104 in the shade and about 85% humidity
TAT003.jpg

Burt didn't need no stinkin shade
TAT004.jpg

Lunch at a patriotic restaurant
TAT005.jpg

Spent the night at a no name motel where Burt fixed his windshield, a vacuum leak in the intake manifold, loosened the triple trees to straighten the bar and broke his PVC tool carrier in the process. After a few beers we hit the sack.
DSC01382.jpg

More later - your turn to add some Burt and Lee
Later, Chuck
It is now to late to turn back - the thread has been started!! :deal

Thanks Rusty, I did the cut and paste but the pics didn't show up so I just put in the link

Your killing me with all this rides Chuck!:lol2: Looks great especially from Co. to the coast. Thanks for posting!:clap:

The smilie codes on Adv are not the same as those here. So if you use lots of smilies in your post, you would still have to come behind and change them to match those here on TWT or pick one close to that on Adv.

I posted this ride report on ADVrider because I rode with ADV folks from out of the state. <snip>QUOTE]

And I read it on ADV and enjoyed it very much! Thanks.

I almost always crosspost the few ride reports I make. Once I've got the report complete and looking the way I want, I click on edit, copy the whole thing to the clipboard and paste it into the next site's editor. :sun:

Back