• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

H-O-W-D-Y

Reaction score
First Name
Debbie
Last Name
McMullen
Hello everyone .... this is the infamous "Debbie" that you've read about in Tourmeister's trips. I've really enjoyed being a passenger but I've been bitten by the mc bug. I have signed up for the MSF course for July 18th. :lol: I hope to get a bike for myself in the not so distant future. I'm hoping to get a used Suzuki SV650. Wish me luck :angel:

Welcome to the site. We are going to enjoy having you ride beside us instead of behind us. I am looking forward to taking the class with you (even though it will be incredibly hot!). :-D

Where are ya'll taking the course? I'll be taking the ERC course that weekend through Spring Branch ISD with a fellow rider from work. If we're all taking it at the same place, maybe we could meet up for lunch/rehydration. I'm sure it's going to be HOT!

Debbie has a sister in Hutto, so we are taking the class there (free lodging).

I will keep an eye on you from my back porch. Good luck with the course and the heat.

Howdy Leeroy,

:tab Hopefully the heat won't be too bad on them. They are taking the course that is from 7:00am to 12:30pm on Sat and Sun. The other options were from 11:00am to 4:30 pm or 3:00pm to 8:30pm. Personally, even though I am NOT a morning person, I'd prefer the earlier time. They should have a good time. They are both pretty excited about doing the class. Now we just have to find a bike for Deb.

:bigokay: :bigokay: :bigokay:

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome

We finally get to here from both of the women in Scotts mystereous (or not so) life. Great to have both of you on board now.

My wife is taking the MSF calss here in Austin the week before you two and I am hoping she will like it enough to decide that she wants to keep doing it. I really think she will, but no pressure you no (Nah none from me :lol: ) Hopefully in a couple of months we can all hook up for a group ride out there in your neck of the piney woods or out here in the hill country.

Hey Andy,

:tab Like the avatar. You just need to make it a little wider though. Try 100 pixels wide, that is what mine is. Man I can't wait to see the new silver VFR again in person. I just love that color, same for the SV.

Like the avatar. You just need to make it a little wider though. Try 100 pixels wide, that is what mine is.

Is that better? I reset to 100 pix wide and resaced as a .gif instead of a .jpeg. Seems to make it look better. Will the site support Paint Shop file (.psp)? They might look even clearer.

Dr. Tourmeister,
Does Deb need a bike for the course? If they want to cool off after the course my pool is about 200 yards from where they will be taking the course

Leeroy,

:tab I believe the bikes are provided because of insurance issues. Deb's sister lives in that area and I think they are going to go out with her afterwards. I of course have to work that weekend so I won't be able to head to the Hill Country and play while they do the course ;-) Oh well.

I will be here if you need anything. Sorry you have to work was hoping to meet you in person

MMMMM .... SV-650's .... I like :)

Welcome to the gang, and hope to see you out there on your own 2 wheels shortly!!

:chug:

Debbie and Beth,

Make sure to drink TONS of water at the class this weekend. We had our ERC class this past Saturday and the heat was a killer. I drank plenty, but by the end of the day, my helmet was soaked and my black gloves turned my hands black. The shower I took when I got home was just what the doctor ordered to cool me off. I think the heat index was around 102! Have a good time this weekend. Debbie, I'm sure once you finish the class you won't be able to wait to get on a bike of your own. :)

Back