PDA

View Full Version : Concours Peg Lowerers

Texas T
04-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Installed a set of Motorcycle Larry's Peg Lowerers this past week. Good improvement to help me feel less cramped ( 6'1" 220 ). They were fairly easy to install but I struggled a bit with the instructions for adjusting the shift lever, brake pedal, and brake light sensor until I pulled out the service manual and read through that a couple of times.

I haven't wrenched on anything since the drag racing days of my youth so getting back into it with this motorcycle is enjoyable.

I have discovered that getting down onto my knees and back up again is not as easy as it was 20 years ago. :oops:

:mrgreen:

kurt
04-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm curious to hear your impresson. I was JUST reading about them and sorting through the flame job he's getting in that one COG thread. One thing I don't need if it is true, is my foot closer to the shifter. I already have hit the edge of the fairing trying to shift. :-D Maybe the Gen-Mars would work better if so. I was very surprised to find the Concours has no more leg room than a SV. :shock:

Tourmeister
04-10-2005, 02:03 AM
I was very surprised to find the Concours has no more leg room than a SV. Shocked

It doesn't???

kurt
04-10-2005, 08:02 AM
If it does, its not much more. But remember, my point of reference is the naked SV. I put the naked SV mounting plates on mine which lowered them about an inch. Evidently the bars are pretty low and forward on the stock versin as well. Thank God they it came with Helibars in place since they run almost $400 on this model.

Edit: Curiosity got the best of me, so I went and measured the Concours since I already knew the SV's. I laid a yardstick horizontally on the seat at the lowest point in the middle and measured from the top of the pegs. The SVS pegs to seat measured 17.5" stock and 18.5" with the naked conversion. The Concours measures 18.5", but the seat compresses a bunch when you sit in it (the SV used 1/4' plywood I think).

Texas T
04-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm curious to hear your impresson. I was JUST reading about them and sorting through the flame job he's getting in that one COG thread. One thing I don't need if it is true, is my foot closer to the shifter. I already have hit the edge of the fairing trying to shift. :-D Maybe the Gen-Mars would work better if so. I was very surprised to find the Concours has no more leg room than a SV. :shock: I don't think Larry has the best people skills in the world based upon how he gets into it on the COG site with others, but the product has every appearance of good quality, fit well, etc. And a decent price to boot. Fast shipment.

As far as moving the peg closer to the shifter I didn't measure or take photos before and after. If you just do the pegs and not move the shifter it is a stretch to shift, so maybe what you'll want to do is not adjust the shifter as much after the installation.

I've hit the fairing from time to time and I only wear a size 10 boot. I just make sure I keep my feet further back. There is also a farkle to install the Goldwing pegs onto the lowerers which I think moves the peg back a little. Do a search for "goldwing peg" and you'll see at least one thread on it.

Bottom line, I think they're worth it.

fastraveller
04-12-2005, 10:36 PM
One of my two beef's with the concours is the footpeg placement. The other is the topheavy quality at lower speeds. The pegs are placed high IMO and fairly far forward compared to more current designs. This allows the pelvis to rotate and curve the lower back after a period of time. I think risers would take most of the curve out of the spine, but the pegs are still high. My bike is the same way and I don't have wind protection, and it KILLS my back after about 1-2 hours.

Dragwn
04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
If you want to move the pegs some without moving them forward, try the ZX-9 peg swap, the peg lowering kits (larry's is a copy of Gen Mar) will move them down, but also closer to the shifter. I have the Gen Mars, lowering kit and the bar risers. I can measure the distance between the peg and the shifter with my genmars if you'ld like.