• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Planning ahead

Reaction score
I am going to buy another bike between now and August. I have been trying to find out how much I would save buying a one or two-year-old bandit instead of a new one. I hate waiting for the last moment to do anything.

I have been trying to get a grip on the pricing but it is out of season and there just aren't that many listings in order to get a good grip on a roundabout number. I am after a round number and not one by locale or condition. About how much would I have to save for a 2yr old and how much for a 1 yr old?

If this is posted in the wrong place, please forgive and feel free to move it. I would appreciate any help you could give on this.
Thank you very much

This is the place. First thing - a one or two year old would be a 2007/8, a 1250. Also - what is your budget? I think now would be a great time with the economy on the outs and so-on. The NIDA (like Kelly Blue-Book) has a 2007 used at, if I remember, 6,900 to 7,500. Last year I waited until December and found a new 2007, non-ABS at Sun-Cycle City in Oklahoma City, OK for $6,950. They wanted a $50 document fee and that was it. I flew up from Dallas on a Sat, 12/29/07 and road it back down (was a bit chilly at 19 degrees, at Tinker AFB). Another $450 in TX for tax/tags and I had a new 2007 for under $7,500. Just start with cycletrader and start searching. There’s not many used ones out there. I have since bought a scooter (Yamaha Majesty 400) for commuting to work etc. and almost sold the Bandit but it’s just so much fun and is a very sturdy, smooth, reliable bike I can’t part with it. I just added an O2 sensor bypass and will add a PCIII for Christmas.

Also - I know Honda-East in Ohio always has great deals. Call Tad (a salesman). They will prep the bike and ship it to you for around $350 and not charge for normal shipping, prep etc.

His contact info is:
Tad Summers [tad@hondaeasttoledo.com]
Tad Summers
877 437-1631 ext 34

Old dave

Last edited:
I have inadvertently given the wrong impression but my oratory skills have never been good. I am just now saving up my money and the guy down the road wants to buy one of my motorcycles -- well he already has the motorcycle and when he gets the time he will pay me. We are a bunch of old Farmer's and that is how we do business. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I hope everyone here will except my apologies for I never meant to mislead you. I just wanted to get a head start on how much I had to save each month, I am now saving $700,00 each month and I had to know if I had to increase it, or If I could lower it a little, for a little more mad money.

The $7k ballpark seems like a good target. Keep saving and you'll have a nice shiny black Bandit of your own!
282628674.jpg

Something to consider when buying is to add the T,L,R figures to your total cost of the bike. And if having to go get it from another state , to add the cost of going get it.
An example. I was at the AMA Motorcycle complex in Pickerton, Ohio. (south of Columbia ) checking out the Dick Mann and history of MX displays. I had just sold my '02 R1150GS which I had for 5 years and 50+ thousand miles. In talking to a guy there , he put me on to Honda East at Toledo and their fantastic deals since I was within 100 miles of them to check on prices. They gave me a new '06 DL1000 ('07's fixing to come out ) for 7399.50. With Ohio title and registration. If I would of drove up there from Louisiana just for the bike it would of cost me about 3 nights at motels plus gas and food. In my truck we were looking at perhaps 130 bucks a day for all.
Then getting back to Louisiana the T,L,R for the bike was 651.
So, say my max cost including having to go get the bike was 7399.50 + 651 + 390 = 8440.50. But since I was up there already I really didn't add the cost of going get the bike to the equation.
The best deals I was offered near home at this time was 9200 and 9400 bucks on the street. So I came out good on this exchange.

Back