• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big grassy field? DFW?

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Do any of you know of a big open area of land somewhat near DFW where I can teach a new rider how to ride dirt bike? I hate to go all the way up to Red River, just to ride in the open fields for a couple hours, and I've never been to Marshall Creek so I don't really know if it's for beginners. Rocky Ridge is alright I guess, but I'm trying to avoid the quad-billy heard if at all possible.

Any thoughts?

Marshall Creek is great for beginners, especially if you can get there early on a nice day before all the quads get there. If it's a cold day, you could have the place entirely to yourself as they are fair weather riders. Nothing too difficult about MC except maybe some sand here and there. Literally no climbs at all and pretty smooth surface. I spent some time there on my own learning to ride dirt stuff and am glad I didn't jump right into the harder stuff.

Trophy Club has some photos up on TMTC.

They were taken last week.

Terry has done a good job of creating a family and newbie friendly riding area.

I would suggest that as the best place to start someone out. It has a variety of trails and track situations that will offer a great number of opportunities to teach.

As you will see in the photos, there are quads out there, but I'm betting they stay on the track.

Cool, thanks for the link Tony. Now once I get home tonight I might be able to see the pics. They won't load from here at work.

Marshall creek is a great beginner area. Lots of flat open stuff to stand in the middle of and watch. A couple of "trailish" spots for when they get to feeling braver too. Make sure you stay off the pavement though.;-)

Do any of you know of a big open area of land somewhat near DFW where I can teach a new rider how to ride dirt bike? I hate to go all the way up to Red River, just to ride in the open fields for a couple hours, and I've never been to Marshall Creek so I don't really know if it's for beginners. Rocky Ridge is alright I guess, but I'm trying to avoid the quad-billy heard if at all possible.

Any thoughts?

so someone's gonna actually try to teach me to ride? I kid! Good for you. Hope the student picks it up quickly.

so someone's gonna actually try to teach me to ride? I kid! Good for you. Hope the student picks it up quickly.

Chris, you are more than welcome to come out as well. It doesn't bother me at all.

Of course, if your a kid, we'll be very patient. If your an adult we reserve the right to make fun of you. :mrgreen:

Just kidding! Well, maybe a little!

Of course, if your a kid, we'll be very patient. If your an adult we reserve the right to make fun of you. :mrgreen:

Just kidding! Well, maybe a little!

You forgot to mention the taking pictures while making fun of you.:lol2:

Any thoughts?
Dude, you can come to my place!!! I have five acres of prairie grass. And it's free!
We can even throw something on the grill :trust:

Back