• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowers on a 1250S (?)

Fittysom'n

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can anybody speak to the addition of a lower fairing on our Bandits?

Is it only a cosmetic addition, or is it functional?

Better for displacing engine heat from our legs in the summer
- or -
better for protection from the elements in the winter?

Has anybody ridden with AND without a set of lowers (on the Bandit 1250)?

I think it just looks cool however, I have noticed that my bike seems to run cooler with them. I seems to keep more air on the radiator but that is just my opinion. I had them thrown in with the deal when I got the bike.

Mark

I don't normally like lowers, but they did a pretty good job on the Bandit's. My bigger concern however is the protection I want in a parking lot drop. With the lowers, I don't believe I could mount the Renntec engine guards.

Thanks, I jus' wanted to hear from somebody with 'em, they dress up the bike quite well....

Agreed'ed, you are unable to mount sliders or engine guards, oh well, you can't have everything. They do look nice though.

Cheers,

Mark

I'm also thinking about getting some fairing lowers, if only to protect the bike from puddle splashes and the like. I've already got the GSG frame sliders installed, so whatever I get I'll need to drill some holes.

Recently it seems Powerbronze came out with their own fairing lowers. Besides the mesh, hard to see from the pictures how they differ from the OEM ones. Maybe it has more of a belly pan.

I'm also thinking about getting some fairing lowers, if only to protect the bike from puddle splashes and the like. I've already got the GSG frame sliders installed, so whatever I get I'll need to drill some holes.

Recently it seems Powerbronze came out with their own fairing lowers. Besides the mesh, hard to see from the pictures how they differ from the OEM ones. Maybe it has more of a belly pan.

Here is a pix of the stock lowers.

Mark

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 242
While looking around Twisted Throttle I see they now offer a GSG slider made for the stock fairings with no mods required. Not cheap though. GSG-Moto Framesliders (Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit, '07-) with Lower Fairing
I put on a Powerbronze belly pan with the Renntec guards which only required a hole for the rear mount and a short slit to slide over the bar and then put a small bracket to splice the cut closed. Full side panels would be near impossible.

While looking around Twisted Throttle I see they now offer a GSG slider made for the stock fairings with no mods required. Not cheap though. GSG-Moto Framesliders (Suzuki GSF1250 Bandit, '07-) with Lower Fairing
I put on a Powerbronze belly pan with the Renntec guards which only required a hole for the rear mount and a short slit to slide over the bar and then put a small bracket to splice the cut closed. Full side panels would be near impossible.

This post is useless without pictures!!!;-)

Dink

They look cool, maybe after I get my rear shock and rebuild my 20mm cartridge's up front.

Mark

Attachments

• 9700-500x600.jpg
    9700-500x600.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 119
the lowers on ebay have since been removed....
I was gonna consider them, ESPECIALLY with the above information - but - they're gone now...........

Back