• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breaking in a new camera

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
At the last minute (Friday afternoon) I decided to go for a 2-day ride out in the hill country. I wanted to try out my early Christmas present - a Canon dslr - and a dual sport ride out in the hill country seemed as good of a way as any to test it out. I called Rick M and he wanted to ride along, so on Sat morning we met up in Oak Hill and headed west.

Here are some of the better photos I took during our 2 day ride.

Rick has the best looking KLR I've ever seen.
IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044_edited-1.jpg

Rick and his KLR
IMG_0045.jpg

Beautiful tree on Kimble CR410
IMG_0051_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0052_edited-1.jpg

Rick riding KCR410
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058_edited-1.jpg

Scenic overlook of KCR 410, looking north
IMG_0062_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Rick watching the OU vs OSU game on Sat. night
IMG_0069_edited-2.jpg

Rick on Old Junction Road
IMG_0071_edited-1.jpg

We explored some new roads and stumbled across this excellent county road. Unfortunately, a short distance later we came upon a locked gate.
IMG_0076_edited-1.jpg

Will a KLR fit through the gate at Stonehenge II? Yes, it will.
IMG_0079.jpg

Rick at Stonehenge II
IMG_0080_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0081_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0085_edited-1.jpg

I like the new camera but I've got some work to do to figure out all the buttons.

Oh yeah, the ride was a lot of fun too.

Sure hated to miss the ride, looks like the roads had a little moisture and were not too dusty. Richard, you and the camera did a good job picture are exellent!:clap:

Wow, I've never looked at a KLR and had the words "Dang, that's a nice bike" come out of my mouth till now. Very impressive sir! And ya got it dirty too! Perfect!

I still have it and cant decide what to do with it . Enjoy it and had no problems with it during Mex Trek, it is a great bike . I just have a problem with getting tired of motorcycles too quick and wanting something else...:zen:
Rick M

No but I am a UT fan and I wanted OU to get beat so Ut would go to the big 12 championship game. I am sitting here watching it and it makes me sick that the Longhorns beat both teams but they are playing and UT is not .
Rick M

I guess you liked mine so much you had to one up me. Man, that thing is saweet. Love the yellow graphics.

Actually I already had it before Mex Trek but I was worried about going into Mexico so I took the Transalp so if something happened I would be losing an 18 year old bike instead of a new one .
Rick M

That ride is freaking sweet!!! Nicely done. :clap: I just got an '08 a month ago she makes my green one look like the ugly girl at the dance.

Thanks for all the compliments on the KLR ,guess I should change my aviatar.
Rick M

Thanks for all the compliments on the KLR ,guess I should change my aviatar.
Rick M

I'll try to get a really manly avatar-worthy pic of you & your black beauty the next time we ride together so your pic avatar will be up-to-date. :-P

Richard ,
I am crushed , I thought all my pictures were MANLY and now I feel a little less MANLY than I used to . Also you have given TricePilot ammunition to think his KLR is more MANLY than mine . :zen: :zen: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT:rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen:
Rick M

Richard ,
I am crushed , I thought all my pictures were MANLY and now I feel a little less MANLY than I used to . Also you have given TricePilot ammunition to think his KLR is more MANLY than mine . :zen: :zen: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT:rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen:
Rick M

Rick,

All your pics are manly - we just don't have an exceptional one. Heck, you've got that stunningly manly Translap water crossing photo - certainly we can't lower out standards and go with a lesser pic than that! We need a pic of you and the black beauty that is truly avatar worthy, one that fully displays your gravitas (and shows off the black beauty).

Hey Rick, has TP even posted a picture of his?
You guys need to have a KLR Beauty contest.:)
Here"s mine. I know Beautiful. :-)

Attachments

• 100_0671.JPG
    100_0671.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 157
I did not think Scott would alow Naked pics. I hope you don't get banned! lol

After crashing in Mexico, I vowed that all my future Mexico bikes would be made "combat ready".

Therefore, I am giving this '09 KLR a fresh coat of Dupli Color bed liner (after extensive plastic preparation).

Pro Tapers, Acerbis guards, SW MT crash bars, and some crash-ready Caribous.

I'll try to put some lipstick on the pit bull, but I don't think it'll help in the end. Rick wins.

:giveup:

Bob :sun:

Bob it sounds like you will be able to have a tear free drop on your KLR.
Rick's is way to shiny to drop!
I am ready for a RIDE!!!!

Dang it Richard now I have to look up gravitas!:giveup:

Remember 9 years ago during the presidential race when the "big debate" was whether Dick Chaney had gravitas? I remember hearing a montage on talk radio of about 20 different new reporters all asking if Dick Chaney had enough gravitas to be VP. It made me laugh and the word has stuck with me every since.

Back