• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mopower at STORM Race - MSRA - Powell Ranch

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
Might be the last race of the TTR before going to KTM 125SX as only race bike.

Picture from practice

T59.JPG

Moving thru the competition

Alex.jpg

T97_T59.jpg

Looks like a really nice place to ride! How did he do?

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
Looks like a really nice place to ride! How did he do?

Adios,

Lost the chain on the first lap and did not finish. :angryfir: Was starting to move up thru the riders that got a better start, went across the start in 12th or 13th and was making a move :clap on 5th when a limb was kicked up between the sprocket and chain about half way thru the first lap. :pound: Bike and chain were ok but had lost too much time getting back to the pits and with it only being a 30 minute race there wasn't enough time to try and re-enter the race.

Like they say, "that's racing."

We have all the additional race equipment for the KTM on order, bark busters/radiator guards/skid plate/exhaust guard to change it from an MX/SX to Hare Scramble race bike and should be ready to race in the May event. So it was the final race for the TTR which other than this problem was a great beginner race bike.

Was a great property to race. It was the S.T.O.R.M. series first true Hare Scramble of the year, no MX section and the trails had not been raced in several years. The weather was great and the trails were in near perfect condition.

That was a Great race. The course layout was amazing. Cant wait till next year.

Looks like fun. At least the chain went on the first lap. Last year, I was leading three sprint classes in TMGP going into the last race of the season. I won two of the championships that day. Last race of the day is backwards, where you run the track in reverse, no hot lap or practice. It's my favorite class. I'm riding a KX80 tard. I jump out into the lead, way out ahead of everyone, take the white flag. Heck, at this point I can back off and cruise. I stuff one lapped rider into T1 slamming downshifts and heavy on the brakes, gas it and RRRRIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG, a ding, ding. "What da...." The friggin' chain came off, last lap, last race of the season, leading the race and the championship points. I wound up second in the points. DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made things right this season, though.

I have a chinese TTR clone, but it's a 150. Wonder if I could run some of those off road events on it in a competitive class? it's a cool bike, very TTR. Has the disc on the front, like a TTR/L.

Last edited:
Jack Giesecke said:
I have a chinese TTR clone, but it's a 150. Wonder if I could run some of those off road events on it in a competitive class? it's a cool bike, very TTR. Has the disc on the front, like a TTR/L.

Not sure if it would be very competitive in any of the classes you would have to enter. Not sure of the wheel size or wheel base requirements and how it would fit those either. But who knows, it may fit in a class and could be a real hoot to race it.

I saw a guy once ride a tt-r in the 4 stroke C class. He didnt do too bad. That was a great race. I rode all weekend. I lead the practice, I swept, and rode practice sat. Then on sunday I rode the parade lap, then won my class and Overall B. I was sooo excited. I LOVED that track.

:tab Hey Jerry, just out of curiousity, are there any girls racing? I have seen some girls out riding at Outlaw with their parents so I was wondering if many of them find their way into competition? It's okay to tell us if any of them have beaten you... we won't laugh at you ;-)

There are tons of girls that race. I have a couple of friends that are girls that race. I have only gotten beaten once by a girl, her name was Amy Goertz. That was my first race in the school boy class last year. I came in right behind her, she put on a good race.

Back