• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought a new torque monster the other day

Roy

Reaction score
First Name
Roy
All black 2008 Suzuki B-King :eek2:

Don't worry I still have the 1250;-)

The B-King is a monster and quite the heavy monster I might add. It will be going on a diet later in the week with a set of Two Brothers pipes on it. Not my 1st choice on a pipe but the dealer threw this deal on me so I am running with it for now. 24 lbs coming off instantly.

For comparison the 1250 does pretty good up against the all mighty Busa derived engine until the big 1340 starts really breathing then game over.:rider: fuel mileage on the 1340 so far is mid 30's:doh: with a 4.4 gal. tank not going touring on it anytime soon. Suzuki has a dealer $500 rebate on the B-King right now so dealers are letting them go at cost. One year model bike '08 is it for the states.

Proof is in the picture:trust:

Attachments

• B-King.jpg
    B-King.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 292
The bike didn't quite hit it off as Suzuki may have thought.

It did over seas and will continue to be sold there. Naked bikes just don't do well stateside. Awesome machine no matter what. It is a bit restricted but I will be working that out soon. Original concept was a supercharged engine with 240 hp:eek2: After the lawyers got a hold of the final one this is what we got still good enough at 160+ hp.

The bike didn't quite hit it off as Suzuki may have thought.

IMHO I believe the reason that it hasn't sold well has a lot to do with it's way too futuristic styling, and that if the bike manufacturers started making naked bikes that aren't so busy looking they would sell a lot more of them over here.

IMHO I believe the reason that it hasn't sold well has a lot to do with it's way too futuristic styling, and that if the bike manufacturers started making naked bikes that aren't so busy looking they would sell a lot more of them over here.

Yep the styling defenitely gets some looks from passer by's especially the cage crowd.:mrgreen:

Roy, what other bikes did you consider other than the B-King - if any at all? Did you look at the new V-Max (close to 200Hp right out of the box)?
... just curious.

Roy, what other bikes did you consider other than the B-King - if any at all? Did you look at the new V-Max (close to 200Hp right out of the box)?
... just curious.

Not many others to look at really since I only buy Suzuki's:mrgreen:

I currently already have in my garage:

'06 GSX-R1000
'07 GSX-R600 (racebike only)
'07 Bandit 1250
'07 RM-Z450
'82 Katana 1000

Vmax cost way more than I would ever spend on a motorcycle. I waited this B-King pricing out to the very end no way would I have paid the $12,900 MSRP back earlier this year when it hit the showroom floors. I could care less if anyone else is buying one I like the thing, its weird looking in a beautiful way. I always liked a Hayabusa but just never could bring myself to buy one.

Is that an 82 Katana 1000 or 1100 (not too many 1000s around)?
I owned an '83 Katana 1100 back in the days. GREAT bike! I loved the speedo/tach on it, with needles moving in opposite directions...

Is that an 82 Katana 1000 or 1100 (not too many 1000s around)?
I owned an '83 Katana 1100 back in the days. GREAT bike! I loved the speedo/tach on it, with needles moving in opposite directions...

Yep that is a '82 1000 real rare bike.

Black was definitely the way to go, paint-wise. It tones down the, er, 'B-Kingness' of the thing.

Congrats. Great motor. :clap:

I think another reason is this:

Roy said:
fuel mileage on the 1340 so far is mid 30's with a 4.4 gal. tank not going touring on it anytime soon

The manufacturers need to understand that we need larger tanks since we have more distances to cover...:doh:

Jealous..jealous......:clap:

Looks nice Roy.....Congrats...

and I agree.....mono-toned Black is so much nicer....:rider:

Cool bike, great engine, love "naked"..... a bit transformer'ish for my tastes though. The cover charge to get into the party though is a STEAL!

For a second bike to grace my garage though, I'd go with the new Buell "Cafe Racer".

Congrats Roy, just be careful where you point that thing!!!:trust:

Congrats on your new bike!
They are definitely wild looking and I would guess a blast to ride.

If you don't mind me asking , what did ya whittle the price down to? The local shop where I got my bandit has had the same lonely b-king sitting in the corner every since i can remember going in there. Bet they would love to move it out

i wondered if the big plastic turn signals on the side of the gastank was just fluff, and easily removed.
i would contemplate a B-King, but would have to put some different mufflers, and try to make the gastank look "normal".

how bout it roy, next time your piddling, show a pic of it with the '57 chevy wings off the tank?
the perf figures i like. the styling, i dont like.

and a couple pics, one of of LA, the other tonites night sky.

http://picasaweb.google.com/suzukijo03/MoonJupiterVenusLosAngelesCaliforniaUSA#

I believe a B-King would do 45 mph 'round town and about as normal as a normal Bandit (at 45 mph) around town would......

If you don't mind me asking , what did ya whittle the price down to? The local shop where I got my bandit has had the same lonely b-king sitting in the corner every since i can remember going in there. Bet they would love to move it out

$10,299 + 7% state tax = $11019.93 otd basically 10,299 is dealer cost on the thing but Suzuki is giving the dealers $500 rebate back to them at years end for sold units. My dealer only had this one many other dealers have 4~5 of them.:eek2:

i wondered if the big plastic turn signals on the side of the gastank was just fluff, and easily removed.
i would contemplate a B-King, but would have to put some different mufflers, and try to make the gastank look "normal".

how bout it roy, next time your piddling, show a pic of it with the '57 chevy wings off the tank?
the perf figures i like. the styling, i dont like.

and a couple pics, one of of LA, the other tonites night sky.

http://picasaweb.google.com/suzukijo03/MoonJupiterVenusLosAngelesCaliforniaUSA#

I have already had the left side chevy flair off t oinstall my GPS wiring. All it is is a hollow light plastic cover which is only held on by one screw, a push pin and slide locks in place to the tank. It didn't look to bad with it off but there is a bracket made onto the tank that holds the flair. As for the pipes they have grown on me and I don't think I will take the dealers deal on the loud Two Brothers pipes. I can spend that $600 some where else plus wit hpipes I have to go plugging that PAIR system which ain't as easy as the Bandit was. The EVAP can removal won't be as easy either the Kings system has a tank pressure valve on it.:doh:

Back