PDA

View Full Version : Molded ear plugs source in Houston?

Texas T
04-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I got a card from a company at the NRA convention today; they do the custom molded ear plugs for $40.

Is this pretty much the standard price for this type of plug? Has anyone used someone in particular that they would recommend?

If the company was interested in doing a group buy would there be others here that would like to get this done?

kurt
04-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Call any otologists office. Some insurance even covers a portion of the cost.

Texas T
04-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Heh... I was just at my ENT doc this past week and completely forgot to ask about it. I'll try to give them a call next week but my guess it that it will be double the price on the outside market.

I need to get a matching photo posted up for my avatar so that we can confuse the heck out of everyone.

Texas T
05-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I got my molded plugs done at the Costco next to my store in Houston and wore them today. Best thing I've worn so far in terms of cutting down the outside noise.

Thermalser
05-04-2005, 09:17 AM
I got my molded plugs done at the Costco next to my store in Houston and wore them today. Best thing I've worn so far in terms of cutting down the outside noise.

Brian, how much mula to get it done at Costco?

Tx Rider
05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
I paid $45 for mine, seems to be about the going price. Then I paid about $150 later for a pair with speakers in them, I had them make molds when I got my earplugs, and I keep the molds for future use..

For what it takes to make them they should be cheaper, but you only have to buy em once and they are comfy... Foamies can hurt my ears on long days or multiple days and make them sore, the moldies never do.

The earplugs also do a better job then the headphones do.

Texas T
05-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Brian, how much mula to get it done at Costco?
PM coming your way.

The reason I PM'd Stuart is because I got a really good deal on them.

birdwh
06-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I've seen a table at the austin gun show a couple of times, never took the time to ask. I do want to get some fitted plugs eventually.

I heard you can also get them made at places that make hearing aids.

dower
06-09-2005, 08:33 AM
I paid $40 for my pair. They work well in the beginning. After they are molded they are dipped into some type of sealant. This keeps them from moving around in the ear. After about 6mnths of use they seemed to wear out. Now, I can't seem to get them to stay in place. Or maybe my ears are getting bigger. :-?

:chug:

kocook
06-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Tim Holt
832-647-3836
timholt@earthlink.net

Bring your helmet. Regular custom fit on the spot. With speakers, a few weeks.

Thermalser
06-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Tim Holt
832-647-3836
timholt@earthlink.net

Bring your helmet. Regular custom fit on the spot. With speakers, a few weeks.

Where is he located?

kocook
06-13-2005, 05:09 PM
He will meet you. I did mine in your neck of the woods at a shotgun range off the Beltway, just west of 288. Make sure you bring your helmet so that he can trim the plugs just right before he seals them.

Nice guy.

kocook
06-13-2005, 05:15 PM
After they are molded they are dipped into some type of sealant. This keeps them from moving around in the ear. After about 6mnths of use they seemed to wear out. Now, I can't seem to get them to stay in place.

Mine were dipped in silicon sealant to keep them clean. If that is what your maker used, you can dip them multiple times to build them up. In fact, that is the recommended method of 're-sizing' for children as they grow older and their ear canals get larger.

Are you still growing, Dower? :mrgreen: