• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gt

B

Backspace

Bandit GT

Is the Bandit GT coming to town? Looks like a better bike for two up riding!

It's just a standard faired Bandit with factory luggage (which you can buy from a dealer or from Givi), fairing lowers (also available fromdealers) and a Garmin GPS.

It's no better for two-up riding than the standard bike unless you're talking about the ability to take two people's luggage and you can make any Bandit do that. The only thing it scores on is price - it's cheaper to buy the GT than it is to buy an S version and add the kit to it.

As far as I know it's put together by the importer, not at the factory, so Suzuki USA could do this if they wanted to.

I can only hope that my having purchased an 'S', adding a top box and eventually the matching hard bags..... will have been less expensive than a fully faired GT.

Granted a GPS is on my list of dream-abouts, but we all know that GPS prices and models to choose from are priced far more competitively than a designer name Garmin.
And I don't do lowers.....

I wish the money that went into a GPS would have gone into a fully adjustable suspension designed to perform comfortably with two-up, or assertively stripped down.

So how does the Bandit GT compare to the Yamaha FJR with regard to price?

They also sell it in Canada,

http://moto.suzuki.ca/Products/Defa...Model_Bandit1250SEA&province=ON&culture=en-CA

Do not think that Suzuki wants to jump into the FJR, ST, Con14 market with a 103hp bike. I looked at what the GB bike has for a mear 1000 GBP more and it looks like you would save a bit of money on there GT package. When I priced the full three pice luggage set from Suzuki it was costly and when you throw in a $700 GPS and the wiring harness it looks to be about $3.5K more then the std ABS bike. Might as well be getting the FJR or ST1300 for that price, my buddy got the C14 and loves it. I got on it and was very impressed with it's power but it was very heavy compaired to the B1250. I you removed the C14's secondarys (B1250 Stage 2), it runs like the Ninja 14 and is very scary for a 665lbs bike.

Mark

So how does the Bandit GT compare to the Yamaha FJR with regard to price?

Bandit 1250GT is £6,654. Yamaha aren't quoting a list price for some reason but it was around £9,400. As Mark says, Suzuki aren't trying to compete in the FJR/Pan European market with the GT - it's not that sort of bike.

Back