• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Northern Tools MC Trailer? looking for info

tweek

Reaction score
I want a trailer that will let me pull 2 sport bikes (ie 2 ZX6s) with my truck (Ranger). I have seen the Kendon's but I want to explore some other options before I buy one of those. I found this on NT's web-site: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200349246_200349246.

Does anybody here know anything about these? IE - personally own one and have actually loaded their precious toy on it for a trip? Or know somebody who has?

TIA

[update] - Turns out it is a North Star Trailer. The web-site is here: http://www.nstrailer.com/trailers.php

I have a similar trailer but not that exact one. I have pulled my Shadow on it but not for more than 20 miles. I don't think 2 sportbikes will be a problem!

I would save your money and look for a used trailer. My uncle picked up the one I am using for 150 bucks, we added a light kit from Harbor Freight for 20 bucks and a new set of bearings from Timken for like 15. Some new tires were 50 bucks or so. All told we have a good trailer for 250 bucks.

Look for a used "real" trailer. With the economy right now you will find some really good deals on nice trailers.

Unless it's the fold up option that you are looking for. Then you're choices are limited by quite a bit.

Look for a used "real" trailer. With the economy right now you will find some really good deals on nice trailers.

Unless it's the fold up option that you are looking for. Then you're choices are limited by quite a bit.

I've got to agree. My advice would be to stay away from little wheeled trailers, but like said above, if the fold up option is what you want or need the selection may not allow real tires and wheels.

I've got to agree. My advice would be to stay away from little wheeled trailers, but like said above, if the fold up option is what you want or need the selection may not allow real tires and wheels.

For anything over a 500 mile trip I don't know how you could consider running one of those little wheel trailers. My bike trailer has 13" wheels with the same size tires that fit on a 1990 Honda Civic, so I am sure it is cabable of handling the 1000 lbs that I put on top of it. I just couldn't trust my bike to some little bitty wheels and tires, especially if I was going to be cruising backroads to get to my destination.

Back