• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need some ridding pants

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Shimer
I am looking to get some ridding pants, and would like to get the info of the TWT world. I would like something that could be year-round here in Houston. Also i am looking at pants with armor.

any suggestions and any info would be helpful.

There may be no pair of pants that can be worn (comfortably) in Houston year round.

Having said that, the Joe Rocket Alter Ego may come close:

http://www.newenough.com/protective...er_ego_textile_mesh_motorcycle_overpants.html

Default.jpg

I have been lusting after a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic 7 pants, available at a good price from Newenough.com (less than $120 with my 10 percent discount coupon). Significantl less expensive than the Alter Ego. Maybe after the first of the year...

front.jpg

Lee

I am looking to get some ridding pants, and would like to get the info of the TWT world. I would like something that could be year-round here in Houston. Also i am looking at pants with armor.

any suggestions and any info would be helpful.

Teknic (I really, really like their textile jackets) makes a funky-looking pair of armored pants. Part of the outer layer zips off to reveal mesh for use on hit days. they're available at a good price -- $85 I think -- at newenough.com.

+1 This is about as good as it gets for year-round in a single garment.

+2 on the Olympia Airglide pants. I wear them throughout the summer as mesh with just moisture-wicking leggings/shorts underneath and in the winter I add the liners with a thin layer of thermals underneath. I'm good to down around 45 or so without even feeling the cold on my legs.

The only thing I'd recommend is that you not expect to put the liners in for summer rain. It's just not worth melting to stay dry. Instead, in the heat of the summer I carry a thin pair of rain pants that go over the top of the Airglides.

Olympia Air Glide II pants are pretty good. If you have the funds and would like something a few notches better, I suggest looking at CyclePort's Kevlar overpants. Pricy, but well worth every penny.

I had a pair of their Ultra II Cordura pants that lasted about 8 years. Santa just replaced them with a pair of Ultra II Kevlar over pants. The pants are not mesh, but the weave of the material is designed to flow enough air to be cool in the summer. Motoport also offers two different inner liners: one is for rain only and the other is both waterproof and insulated. I've comfortably worn the pants in temperatures ranging from 25 to 115 degrees.

Carl

Bohn Adventure Armored Pants
Just ordered some for the wife and I. These are mesh armored and wear under what ever.
90 day trial time. I will test them and post an opinion.

Back