• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where built?

Reaction score
Is Suzuki building the Bandit in Japan? If not where? Is the engine built in Japan? If not where?

I didn’t find the answer there. Honda is a Japanese company who builds motorcycles in Japan, and they build their 599 in Italy….that I know. I have also "heard" that Suzuki has the SV650 engine built in China. So I think my question is not unreasonable.

The black and white sticker on the side of the right tail section frame member that has the tire pressure info, VIN number and date of manufacture on it says my Bandit was made in Japan on 04/07.

The "Made in Japan" Is on the very bottom right hand edge of the sticker, so I didn't see it at first until I got one of my little mag lights out and bent my neck around and looked upside down at the stricker so that I could read all the info on the sticker.

Back